Mmaruyama

Malaysia Police Clearlance Request by NVC

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have problems that I can not request my police clearance form Malaysia.

Because have been working there only 8 months (18th December,2016- 31st August ,2017 )

but form CGC Malaysia Police Clearlance website inform 

Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a 

period  of  AT  LEAST  TWELVE  (12)  CONSECUTIVE  MONTHS  under  long  term social  visit  pass  (i.e.:  employment  pass, student  pass,  spouse  of  Malaysian, expatriate pass”.

May I know is that possible for my case to waiver Malaysia police Clearance.

Edited by Mmaruyama
Spelling wrong

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Mmaruyama said:

Hi Everyone,

I have problems that I can not request my police clearance form Malaysia.

Because have been working there only 8 months (18th December,2016- 31st August ,2017 )

but form CGC Malaysia Police Clearlance website inform 

Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a 

period  of  AT  LEAST  TWELVE  (12)  CONSECUTIVE  MONTHS  under  long  term social  visit  pass  (i.e.:  employment  pass, student  pass,  spouse  of  Malaysian, expatriate pass”.

May I know is that possible for my case to waiver Malaysia police Clearance.

You still can get it you need to apply through online it will process. If your visa is up to 12 months you can apply for it.

Timeline
3 hours ago, dicon7 said:

You still can get it you need to apply through online it will process. If your visa is up to 12 months you can apply for it.

Try to apply online form KLN.com

May I know how long dose it take to get CGC .

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mmaruyama said:

Try to apply online form KLN.com

May I know how long dose it take to get CGC .

It's depends on them maximum is 4 weeks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hey everyone I'm applying for CR1 visa. I lived in Malaysia for 6 years as a student. I am a sudanese  citizen. I applied for the malaysian cerificate of good conduct online and got it from the Malaysian embassy in Khartoum,Sudan. My certificate says "based on the  statutory declaration dates .. and submitted to the Ministry of foreign affairs Malaysia by Mrs.........passport number.... , the government of Malaysia finds her to be a person of good conduct".

Is this the correct one? Because i read they have to state there is no police record.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ayah117 said:

Hey everyone I'm applying for CR1 visa. I lived in Malaysia for 6 years as a student. I am a sudanese  citizen. I applied for the malaysian cerificate of good conduct online and got it from the Malaysian embassy in Khartoum,Sudan. My certificate says "based on the  statutory declaration dates .. and submitted to the Ministry of foreign affairs Malaysia by Mrs.........passport number.... , the government of Malaysia finds her to be a person of good conduct".

Is this the correct one? Because i read they have to state there is no police record.

Check form example in google it’s correct.

Edited by Mmaruyama

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ayah117 said:

I couldn't find one that's specifically for the USA embassy

What reason you gave to them while you were applying for the CGC? If you given its required by US Embassy shouldn't be problem.

Timeline
Just now, dicon7 said:

What reason you gave to them while you were applying for the CGC? If you given its required by US Embassy shouldn't be problem.

I applied online. For country requiring certificate i chose United States from the drop down list. And for purpose of application i clicked on other and typed Spouse Visa Application.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ayah117 said:

I applied online. For country requiring certificate i chose United States from the drop down list. And for purpose of application i clicked on other and typed Spouse Visa Application.

I  think it’s should be find if you give that reason went you fill online form. It’s should be ok to submit that certificate. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, Ayah117 said:

Hi Ayah. I also got the Malaysian CGC online and received the certificate from Malaysian embassy in Khartoum. However, when i uploaded in CEAC they rejected it. I got this message " This document is from an incorrect issuing authority. Please replace this with an acceptable police certificate. For information regarding an acceptable police certificate, please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find."

Now i just replaced it with a statement that i can't get the PC nad waiting for NVC to review my case again.

Timeline
Just now, Musab said:

Hi Ayah. I also got the Malaysian CGC online and received the certificate from Malaysian embassy in Khartoum. However, when i uploaded in CEAC they rejected it. I got this message " This document is from an incorrect issuing authority. Please replace this with an acceptable police certificate. For information regarding an acceptable police certificate, please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find."

Now i just replaced it with a statement that i can't get the PC nad waiting for NVC to review my case again.

Strange, what current address did you give them?  Do you still live in Malaysia? and also what visa category are you? I called the embassy in Khartoum and asked them if I can get a police certificate they said they don't do that and the only certificate they give to foreigners is the certificate of good conduct. The one I have. I told them i read online that there is one that needs fingerprints they said that's just in Malaysia

Timeline
Just now, Musab said:

It says the name of the document is : Certificate of good conduct. Not police certificate. Maybe you should call them. I asked the embassy and they said this is the only document they issue and all countries and embassy recognize it. They don't there is nothing specific they give to the American embassy. Also go back to the CGC application and see what you wrote got purpose of application and also which country is requesting it.

20181012_223441.jpg

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Ayah117 said:

It says the name of the document is : Certificate of good conduct. Not police certificate. Maybe you should call them. I asked the embassy and they said this is the only document they issue and all countries and embassy recognize it. They don't there is nothing specific they give to the American embassy. Also go back to the CGC application and see what you wrote got purpose of application and also which country is requesting it.

20181012_223441.jpg

I'm CR1. I studied in Malaysia for 5 years and now residing in Sudan.

You are right the PC name is Certificate of good conduct (CGC). But i think they rejected mine because it's issued from the Malaysian embassy not Ministry of foreign affairs as stated in their website. Did they accept your CGC from the embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.