LEISEROM

Friends girlfriend denied entry

83 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That could be seen as a violation of the TOS of this site.....

Sadly for everyone one person who get's caught, a dozen probably get through. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

And you yourself have said that you would have done that, too. 

Some rules are stupid and I don't care if people break them

Never did, I have said something very different in the past on this subject.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

He and I have known each other pushing 50 years. I didn't know she was trying this until the other day. Was really stupid in my opinion(and I told him so). She was in the US last year as a tourist. I guess they figured she could just use that and come.  I told him what she was doing was immigration fraud. He blew me off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, LEISEROM said:

He and I have known each other pushing 50 years. I didn't know she was trying this until the other day. Was really stupid in my opinion(and I told him so). She was in the US last year as a tourist. I guess they figured she could just use that and come.  I told him what she was doing was immigration fraud. He blew me off.

Thanks for clarifying that, sounds like it has cost them time, money but probably nothing else.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Thanks for clarifying that, sounds like it has cost them time, money but probably nothing else.

Yup...unless she also lied to CBP.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

19 minutes ago, MacUK said:

What rules are stupid? The ones that say people should use visas for their intended purpose and not as a shortcut.

Personally the only stupid rules I can think of are the ones that allow people to abuse those visas without any consequences.

Yes, it's stupid that you can't just enter on a non immigrant visa with an intent to legally adjust status. In many countries that's perfectly legal and there's nothing wrong with it. The US just loves red tape and inefficiency. I understand why people are denied if they plan on staying and working illegally but if they plan on adjusting status then that's a different situation. Nobody wins if such people are denied entry, it just creates unnecessary red tape

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So for people in countries who can't get tourist visas (Philippines for instance is really difficult), they can just get bypassed by others who wish to misuse their visa and it's intended purpose? Sounds pretty unfair, hence the reason we have the proper process.

I wish it was much more strict personally. People always think other countries are so more relaxed than the US; but I've even been thrown into secondary in Canada, you know that o"h so amazingly open and welcoming country" people always say it is.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Orangesapples said:

And you yourself have said that you would have done that, too. 

Some rules are stupid and I don't care if people break them

Things like making sure you don't have communicably diseases, some financial support (as minimal as the current requirements are), and no major criminal background seem like pretty good things to look into before having someone permanently move to the US. 

It is kinda a time consuming process but.. 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

So for people in countries who can't get tourist visas (Philippines for instance is really difficult), they can just get bypassed by others who wish to misuse their visa and it's intended purpose? Sounds pretty unfair, hence the reason we have the proper process.

I wish it was much more strict personally. People always think other countries are so more relaxed than the US; but I've even been thrown into secondary in Canada, you know that o"h so amazingly open and welcoming country" people always say it is.

My husbands family is always nervous going through Canada to the US. Last trip they were denied boarding in China because they didn't have a visa to fly through the country on a layover to the US.....

I agree, I think we are pretty lax with our processes in the US.

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

29 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

There are already "unfair" differences between countries and we all know it (some consulates take forever to schedule interviews, in some countries AP takes forever, some consulates are much tougher to go through, etc.) . So let's not pretend that the people here care about fairness. 

What I'm saying is, there's no good reason not to allow people to enter with the intent to legally AOS. None, zilch. It's just a made up rule because you know, there are so many types of visas, they all need to be used or something. Just make the process simpler, not the current nonsense of having to go through both USCIS and consulates, and either make it so that embassies directly issue immigrant visas without the need to go through USCIS first, or let people enter and adjust on other visas freely. The current system is incredibly inefficient and slow and has a big effect on people's lives. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

People do and should care about "fairness" in the immigration process.

The alternative is a world for animals, dog eat dog.

Edited by PRC Rabbit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.