LEISEROM

Friends girlfriend denied entry

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

this weekend my good friends girl friend from China(who had a tourist visa) attempted to enter the US at SFO airport after a flight from China.  Her luggage was searched and they found her chinese birth certificate along with a certified English translation. They asked a lot of questions called my friend who said he knew her. Anyway she was denied entry. tourist visa cancelled and she was returned to China.

I am not surprised. I told him he needed to get a K-1. But he is always trying stuff like this. Now she wants him to come to China and marry her and then go for spousal visa.

Yup, carrying that kind of stuff will draw a lot of suspicion about immigrant intent. Why was she carrying it? Usually something else tipped them off as reason to search in the first place.

Okay...he can do that.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

22 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yup, carrying that kind of stuff will draw a lot of suspicion about immigrant intent. Why was she carrying it? Usually something else tipped them off as reason to search in the first place.

Yup, they don’t just search everyone, she clearly said something suspicious. 

Sure he can go there and marry her, then she will wait there until her visa interview.

Although I’m not sure what OP means by his friend is “always trying stuff like this”?? I hope he doesn’t mean with different girls.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, LEISEROM said:

this weekend my good friends girl friend from China(who had a tourist visa) attempted to enter the US at SFO airport after a flight from China.  Her luggage was searched and they found her chinese birth certificate along with a certified English translation. They asked a lot of questions called my friend who said he knew her. Anyway she was denied entry. tourist visa cancelled and she was returned to China.

I am not surprised. I told him he needed to get a K-1. But he is always trying stuff like this. Now she wants him to come to China and marry her and then go for spousal visa.

Sounds like she intentionally came to the States to get married. Immigration officers are trained to spot people who are questionable.

Getting married in China is fairly easy. If your friend has been married before he will have to gather his "certified" divorce papers, go to the secretary of state department in the state he lives and get a single affidavit (or whatever they are calling them now). He will then have to go to the nearest Chinese consulate in the states to get it certified. He must either bring a pre-paid delivery envelope with his name and address on it or return to the consulate a week later to pick it up. When he gets married in China they will each get a marriage license. These must be translated and notarized (white book). This will be part of the document package they will send to UCSIS to apply for immigration.

It's a long wait in China, and Chinese women aren't very patient (I seriously thought my wife was going to permanently lose her mind lol). The more he can travel to China to be with her the better it will be for their case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Applied for her or somebody else?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

She totally tried to immigrate on a tourist visa. Glad they caught her and sent her packing. Pisses me off when we wait months sometimes years doing it the right way and some prissy tries to get around it but it makes me happy when they get denied. 

It makes you happy when people are denied? That's messed up. I'm happy when people find ways around the red tape

13 hours ago, LEISEROM said:

Not different girls. Just other unrelated stuff. He had to go to a wedding in Australia. Booked a 35 minute connection in SFO because it was cheap. Of course there was a ground hold in Houston due to thunderstorms and he missed his connection thereby costing him a night in a hotel plus losing one night of a prepaid hotel in Sydney. But he was proud of saving a few bucks on the flight.

This has nothing to do with his girlfriend's visa. 

Are you sure you're his friend? With friends like you, does he need enemies? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

It makes you happy when people are denied? That's messed up. I'm happy when people find ways around the red tape

According to the OP I think she was seeking to immigrate using a non immigrant visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.