<3T&M<3

Sending I-134 tomorrow, last-minute input appreciated!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

First off, thank you @Naes for all your help filling out the I-134. I had a lot of questions.

I want to double check with anyone willing to help. Also, I have reread the instructions 3 times and I do not see where it says to send Passport Bio page or Birth Certificate of sponsors. Where does it say this? In addition to the form itself, and the taxes, paystubs, employment letter what ELSE do we need to send as far as Passport and B.Cert go??

My brother is a co-sponsor. He is 25 years old. He is not married and no children. He is buying his own home. He makes approximately $42,000 yearly.

I am 39 year old. I have three teenagers. I am buying my own home. I make $27,000 yearly.

I am sending the following:

*2017 tax return (no more because I was in school and didn't earn anything anyway)

*2017 W-2

*Letter from employer stating my job circumstances and pay.

*6 months of pay stubs

*** I am NOT sending a letter from my bank. I have no savings. I don't want to mess with this - Is THIS going to be a problem?

My brother is sending the following:

*2017, 2016, 2015 tax returns

*2017, 2016, 2015 W-2s

*Letter from employer stating hourly pay, his start date in 2012, it is a non-temporary position

*2.5 months of pay stubs (Will only 2.5 months be a problem? I can have him go tomorrow and get more printed. He couldn't find anymore)

*** He is NOT sending a letter from his bank. He does not keep money in his savings either. He is currently doing some house work. Will THIS be an issue... honestly?

Please let me know what you think. I don't want anything to go wonky.

Thanks so much

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your joint sponsor has to prove US Citizenship. This is done with Birth Certificate or Passport.

I believe you also need to submit taxes from prior to 2017. Even if you did not earn or pay anything, you are still legally required to file. If you did not file, you need to send a letter explaining why.

Bank letters are not required when you provide other documentation (such as the tax forms, pay stubs and employment letters)

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
47 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

I want to double check with anyone willing to help. Also, I have reread the instructions 3 times and I do not see where it says to send Passport Bio page or Birth Certificate of sponsors. Where does it say this? In addition to the form itself, and the taxes, paystubs, employment letter what ELSE do we need to send as far as Passport and B.Cert go??

You need to supply passport bio page or B.Cert. to show he is a USC. It is for identification purposes.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

Your joint sponsor has to prove US Citizenship. This is done with Birth Certificate or Passport.

I believe you also need to submit taxes from prior to 2017. Even if you did not earn or pay anything, you are still legally required to file. If you did not file, you need to send a letter explaining why.

Bank letters are not required when you provide other documentation (such as the tax forms, pay stubs and employment letters)

@debbiedoo Two things:

1) Where does it say to submit more than one year? I am supplying my 2017 taxes. He is supplying his last three tax returns (2017, 2016, 2015). I believe you and I can supply the last 10 actually. But I just don't know where you get this information from?

2) Is 2.5 months of paystubs enough?

THANKS!

And good thank god I don't have to supply bank statements.

Edited by <3T&M<3

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

@debbiedoo Two things:

1) Where does it say to submit more than one year? I am supplying my 2017 taxes. He is supplying his last three tax returns (2017, 2016, 2015). I believe you and I can supply the last 10 actually. But I just don't know where you get this information from?

2) Is 2.5 months of paystubs enough?

THANKS!

And good thank god I don't have to supply bank statements.

1) is not a have to at this point. But you will need to for AOS. Unless your embassy specifically says 3 years tax returns. However supplying it is not bad. Information can come from reading through the website who’s got rfe at interview for example asking for more. And giving you the ultimate best that will 100% be ok. But this does not mean they will say no to 1 year at all especially because you’re not the main sponsor. However thinking I-864 will become the real affidavit in the end, if you go with those requirements you’ll see what would be satisfying. 

2) is supply at least 3 months. When you apply for a tourist visa they usually say 6 months. And again going with the AOS requirements they will ask for I believe 6 months (that’s what we sent)

Timeline

Ok so I am reading this, and it is exact translation of what Japan also asked for.

https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/2017/06/K1K2-Visa-Instructions-TR.pdf

It says 2 or more of the above for I-134.It says specifically the most recent tax return and w2 copy etc. So they don't require for the other years specifically. 

Can they ask for more evidence when they have these? Yes. It happened before. There has been people who ended up with RFE for additional proof. but I don't think what you have is bad at all.

For pay stubs.- this is to show continuous and stable employment, so send whatever you have at the moment as you cannot conjure these item out of thin air. 

However, be ready to supply ore if needed. Especially for AOS it will be needed. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Naes said:

Ok so I am reading this, and it is exact translation of what Japan also asked for.

https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/2017/06/K1K2-Visa-Instructions-TR.pdf

It says 2 or more of the above for I-134.It says specifically the most recent tax return and w2 copy etc. So they don't require for the other years specifically. 

Can they ask for more evidence when they have these? Yes. It happened before. There has been people who ended up with RFE for additional proof. but I don't think what you have is bad at all.

For pay stubs.- this is to show continuous and stable employment, so send whatever you have at the moment as you cannot conjure these item out of thin air. 

However, be ready to supply ore if needed. Especially for AOS it will be needed. 

Okay :) I will ask my brother to go to his work and get more paystubs printed. He will not be happy, LOL, but I do NOT want an RFE. Really, those things can last months and it's better to irritate him with more foot-work than to get an RFE for something silly.

Thanks guys. I feel confident now.

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Timeline

@Naes @debbiedoo

on question Par 3. Question 6.  Market value of my stocks and bonds :

my brother says he does have a retirement  And it is in the form of stocks and bonds but is it okay to put N/A here because he is not using his assets?

thank youuuuuuuuuu 😚😚😚

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Timeline
33 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

@Naes @debbiedoo

on question Par 3. Question 6.  Market value of my stocks and bonds :

my brother says he does have a retirement  And it is in the form of stocks and bonds but is it okay to put N/A here because he is not using his assets?

thank youuuuuuuuuu 😚😚😚

We put 0 in the same situation.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Naes said:

We put 0 in the same situation.

Very good, I am finally done! I have a big stack of paperwork to shop to Turkey tomorrow or Tuesday at  the latest. I cannot believe we are at this point!

i could not have done this without you guys on Visa Journey 😭😍

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Timeline

iyi şanslar :)

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
13 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

Your joint sponsor has to prove US Citizenship.

Or LPR status (I know it's not applicable for OP, just clarifying)

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried getting a letter from my bank and they acted like they could not do this and it was to much work. Yet trying to send me every record of transactions for 3 years was no big deal. Anyways...I would be ok sending my w2s, pay stubs and a letter from work?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Markssoutherngirl said:

I tried getting a letter from my bank and they acted like they could not do this and it was to much work. Yet trying to send me every record of transactions for 3 years was no big deal. Anyways...I would be ok sending my w2s, pay stubs and a letter from work?

yes

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am not sure if W2 and/or a copy of the Tax return proves that you paid the taxes. I believe IRS Tax transcripts are required as back-up documents with the affidavit of support.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.