Katerina Hall

Left country after my husband applied for divorce, while aos was still in process

35 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2018 at 11:31 AM, Katerina Hall said:

Hi everyone,

I got a big issue. I came to US in January this year on ESTA, I met my recent husband, I got pregnant and we got married before my ESTA expired. We applied for AOS after like 93 days after my ESTA expired. Everything was really fast, but we had a nice relationship and it was real marriage.. After 3 months of pregnancy I miscarried and our relationship got worse after that experience. We had few arguments, but it wasn't anything bad, it was like everybody usually have some disagreements in relationship. But my husband he started to be different, I think he married me, because I got pregnant and he wanted to start a family and we were so excited to have a baby together and he cared about me a lot and I did about him as well. But since we found out that I miscarried, so he started to be different and didn't show me that much care like before. After a while he left and went to his ex and applied for divorce, I was shocked and tried to talk to him about everything, but he was decided to divorce me. I went to a lawyer, but she told me since he applied for a divorce I have no chance, how to stay in US. Because AOS was in process and I didnt get work permit or even interview wasn't scheduled yet. So I stayed in the house we lived together and then I decided I better leave the country, before USCIS will decide to deport me and because it was gonna be 6 months, that I would overstay the ESTA, so I wanted to leave before it was 6 months overstay, which means I should still be able to get visa in the future. I was served the divorce papers before I left, but I didnt sign them. Then I just left the country and now I don't know, what to do, because my husband doesn't talk to me and blocked me everywhere. I read he would have to withdraw the petition before it will be denied and I would have even more problem to visit US again.

I would like to ask, if I can just withdraw my form I-485? I heard, if the petition will be denied, so I will have a problem to get a visa in the future after all that my experience. And also how I will get the final divorce papers, if he doesn't talk to me at all and I'm not in the US anymore? Because in the future I will definitely need them. And want to ask, if I ever will be able to visit US again? I know I will have to apply for other visa than ESTA, but if there's a chance I will be able to go there  again? And also how long is the divorce gonna take, if I didnt sign the divorce papers and I'm not in US anymore?

I would appreciate any answer, because I have no idea, what to do now and don't have money for a lawyer right now. And I think I have to do something immediately, so I'm not gonna get into more trouble.

Is or was anybody in the same situation? Thank you

I am sorry to hear this. When is baby due?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, hope1303 said:

When is baby due?

OP had a miscarriage:

On 10/7/2018 at 9:31 AM, Katerina Hall said:

After 3 months of pregnancy I miscarried

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~locked the OP's other thread has been locked due to derailing. The OP has all the advice members here can offer.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.