Seowmi

Citizenship

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
20 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes, you even said after the green card not just because you filed the I130.  Maybe you don’t quite understand how it worked but that’s how it worked. OP’s kid has a tourist visa

By the way in your own timeline above you confirmed it took about 2 years between when you filed i130 in 2014 and when they arrived as LPRs in 2016. Thanks for confirming what I said.  

I think you confused yourself.Waiting for 2 years before you can can qualified for a citizen that means you have your green card already.The question is he is about to be a citizen,his daughter can qualified for citizen when he becomes a citizen.Rigt now she is a tourist.

You said she has to be a LPR for 2 years before she can get citizen that is totally wrong.My explanation to him and what you said is totally different. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chiefay said:

I think you confused yourself.Waiting for 2 years before you can can qualified for a citizen that means you have your green card already.The question is he is about to be a citizen,his daughter can qualified for citizen when he becomes a citizen.Rigt now she is a tourist.

You said she has to be a LPR for 2 years before she can get citizen that is totally wrong.My explanation to him and what you said is totally different. 

I commend @SusieQQQ's patience. Your quote below is wrong:

2 hours ago, Chiefay said:

Yes as soon as you swear in as a U.S citizen any age under 18 years automatically is a citizen while you file I-130 for that person.

@SusieQQQ has since reiterated the facts:

26 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

To reiterate to OP who is probably confused as hell by now:

you file a I130 for your daughter. Once that is processed and she enters the US as a LPR, assuming you are naturalized and she will be living with you and is still under 18, at that stage she qualifies automatically for citizenship. 

I hope this ends the squabble.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chiefay said:

Yes as soon as you swear in as a U.S citizen any age under 18 years automatically is a citizen while you file I-130 for that person.That person suppose to be here before 18 years and if you already file for that person just updated your status to a us citizen. That person reached 18 years before come here is not qualified for citizen. 

This is what I said...Yes as soon as you swear in as a U.S citizen any age under 18 years automatically is a citizen while you file i-130 for that person....Now continue read.....THAT PERSON SUPPOSE TO BE HERE BEFORE 18 YEARS.....OK MY LAST PARAGRAPH..THAT PERSON REACHED 18 YEARS BEFORE COME HERE IS NOT QUALIFIED FOR CITIZEN.....Is there any wrong on this quote? 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Chiefay said:

This is what I said...Yes as soon as you swear in as a U.S citizen any age under 18 years automatically is a citizen while you file i-130 for that person....Now continue read.....THAT PERSON SUPPOSE TO BE HERE BEFORE 18 YEARS.....OK MY LAST PARAGRAPH..THAT PERSON REACHED 18 YEARS BEFORE COME HERE IS NOT QUALIFIED FOR CITIZEN.....Is there any wrong on this quote? 

I'll restrain myself because of VJ's TOS and only say "SMH"

1 hour ago, Chiefay said:

That's not true I became a us citizen 2014, and I filed i-130 to my 2 children that time they are 17 and 14 years .They came here April 13th 2016,the 14 years was qualified for citizen I did not wait until 2 years before got his citizen.I paid their fees 3 months after, one for green card and one for citizen. The green card was received in 3 weeks and 6 months time USCIS sent me the letter date  and time to go to local USCIS office with my son to swear in as a citizen 

1 hour ago, Chiefay said:

My 14 years came here when he was 16 years old and if he waited for 2 years before applied  for citizen. Do think he is going to qualified for citizen?,...No.

Hi @Chiefay,

Let me see if i can help clarify things. SusieQQQ did NOT say it will take 2 years before the person can file for citizenship. She said that the I-130 process can take 2 years to be complete. See below in bold...

Yes I did. You said “ as soon as you swear in as a U.S citizen any age under 18 years automatically is a citizen w hile   you file I-130 for that person”. That’s not correct. Just filing an I130 doesn’t give the child any rights. They need to actually be a green card holder - which can take up to 2 years after filing the I130 before it happens - for that. 

Which is correct. And in even in your statement above you confirmed that it could take 2 years before a child could immigrate under I-130. See your reply below in bold.

I became a us citizen 2014, and I filed i-130 to my 2 children that time they are 17 and 14 years .They came here April 13th 2016,

By the timeline you stated, it took 2 years before the I-130 was complete. 2014 to 2016.

Also, your children entered, they entered as permanent residents. Then you took to properly update their status to naturalize them. 

Point being, immigrants become permanent residents first before citizens.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
12 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

I agree 100% with this statement. It even indirectly covers N-600K children. Let me elaborate: One of the requirements for a B-2 to attend the N-600K interview is to still meet INA 214(b), https://fam.state.gov/fam/09fam/09fam040202.html:

Naturalization is a permissible activity in B-2 status. You may issue a B-2 visa to an eligible foreign-born child to facilitate that child's expeditious naturalization pursuant to INA 322. The child's intended naturalization, however, does not exempt the child from the requirements of INA 214(b); the child must intend to return to a residence abroad after naturalization. A child whose parents are residing abroad will generally overcome the presumption of intended immigration, whereas a child whose parents habitually reside in the United States will not.

Since CRBA holders and N-600K seekers can't be interpreted as "immigrants" from your statement, it still stands; "immigrants become permanent residents first before citizens."

Timeline
21 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Hi @Chiefay,

Let me see if i can help clarify things. SusieQQQ did NOT say it will take 2 years before the person can file for citizenship. She said that the I-130 process can take 2 years to be complete. See below in bold...

Which is correct. And in even in your statement above you confirmed that it could take 2 years before a child could immigrate under I-130. See your reply below in bold.

By the timeline you stated, it took 2 years before the I-130 was complete. 2014 to 2016.

Also, your children entered, they entered as permanent residents. Then you took to properly update their status to naturalize them. 

I said that 

22 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Hi @Chiefay,

I said that but don't forget I explained clearly that when you file i-130 that person suppose to be here before 18 years to qualified for citizen and if that person reached 18 years before come here is not qualified for citizen....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

:pop:

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Chiefay said:

I said that 

I said that but don't forget I explained clearly that when you file i-130 that person suppose to be here before 18 years to qualified for citizen and if that person reached 18 years before come here is not qualified for citizen....

I‘m sorry but i have to put my two cents to this!

@SusieQQQ or anyone else NEVER said that this isn‘t true! yes, before they are 18!

you‘re right! 

but that’s not the point...and  than that,sorry dude, your explanations were not completely true

18 hours ago, Chiefay said:

I said that 

I think the confusion lies with the word "filing".

"Filing an I-130" means downloading the form, completing the form, sending it with a check to USCIS. That's it. Filing is not approval. Filing is sending the paperwork. So Suzie is saying that the whole process from taking the I-130 to the post office to mail to USCIS (filing the I-130) to the immigrant's feet touching US soil here takes around 2 years. You said that yourself that you started the process when the child was 14 and he was 16 when he arrived.

i think you are using the word "filing" to cover the whole process from A to Z. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.