PKhaye

Age difference

35 posts in this topic

Just now, JFH said:

For the Philippines even a 30-year age gap is not that unusual 😄

It it all depends on the local customs. I am from the U.K. and 8 years younger than my husband. That has always seemed like a big age gap to me. But in other countries age gaps of 20 years and more are not unusual. 

You're right haha.

I also agree. Our 11 year age gap was big to me as well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

probably not an issue 

as said above the evidence is the important part

and if anyone with an age diffence (woman older than man) like ours can make it,  u can

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

everywhere ive looked ive seen big age difference is flag to consulars, along with different cultures, languages, and religious beliefs.  but i figured age difference as 20+years.

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Age difference is usually not an issue in Manila. The difference is this involves an older woman with a younger man which may draw some attention just because it is rare there. Also the man is young, 22 I think. You should be fine there if you have proof of relationship. Good Luck!!!

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 8:27 AM, boris64 said:

Age difference is usually not an issue in Manila. The difference is this involves an older woman with a younger man which may draw some attention just because it is rare there. Also the man is young, 22 I think. You should be fine there if you have proof of relationship. Good Luck!!!

I agree. I wanted to say that I read somewhere that places like the Philippines, its customary for a younger woman to marry an older man so there is no question about age gap, but the other way around is seen as a caution because it rarely happens. But right, ultimately good proof of relationship will be the best way to get approved.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.