DGTravel

On 221g

45 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2018 at 6:22 PM, Hank_ said:

I wonder if this uploading to CEAC will become part of the process for the K-1 as well.   Right now it seems like it is all immigrant visa types only.

Hi Hank,

Found the answer here.

i tried to check on it cause I dont want to get delayed due to uploading. Hehe. 

I logged on to CEAC and mine doesn't have the option since the letter I got from NVC is to submit it at the embassy. 😊

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, july_2017 said:

Hi Hank,

Found the answer here.

i tried to check on it cause I dont want to get delayed due to uploading. Hehe. 

I logged on to CEAC and mine doesn't have the option since the letter I got from NVC is to submit it at the embassy. 😊

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Thanks for the info, and link.   

Embassy website states to bring documents to the interview also.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

I am wondering if the embassy requesting uploading to CEAC only occurs with a 221g.   Time will tell.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Thanks for the info, and link.   

Embassy website states to bring documents to the interview also.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

I am wondering if the embassy requesting uploading to CEAC only occurs with a 221g.   Time will tell.

Also true. Well, hopefully I won't get the 221g just to upload. Cause I tried to do it in advance just in case. Lol Just really didnt have the option.

IMG_9145.PNG

17 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Have everything listed in the Checklist for  STEP 5  and you should be just fine.

Thank you, Hank. 😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 11:25 AM, DGTravel said:

Got my interview today, it was smooth but I got 221g :(

My marriage cert and birth cert uploaded in CEAC were in bright yellow copy, this is the type of copy PSA issue before.  However, the new ones that I got were already in pale yellow print.  CO didn't release my visa yet for IR1 application and requested to upload scanned copies of my CENOMAR, Birth Cert and Marriage Cert.  My spouse and I got disappointed as we didn't experience "Visa Approved" today :(

Question:

1) Is it correct that I should upload in CEAC website?

2) Return the original copies of MC, BC and Cenomar when I send the passport back to the embassy via 2go?

3) Officer mentioned that it may take 2-4weeks for processing upon my submission, will there be another interview and will the 2-4weeks timeline includes passport with stamped visa delivered to me?

4) Anyone here experienced 221g and got faster turnaround time than 2- 4 weeks?

Keeping our hopes high still...

Hi DGTravel

Any update about your visa?  

I had my interview last oct 19,2018 and got 221g because i submitted old cenomar. The stamp in the documnet is NSO supposed to be PSA. My case is still in AP. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2018 at 11:26 AM, DGTravel said:

221g copy given to me:

image.png.61d025de54c8c347b476b14401337b54.png

image.png

Hi , I just wanted to ask how did u uploaded the documents  they asked  u to submit to CEAC ? Was it through  an account or email it to them ?

Timeline
6 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Hi , I just wanted to ask how did u uploaded the documents  they asked  u to submit to CEAC ? Was it through  an account or email it to them ?

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Hi Hank, i wanted to know if i can do that before my interview. I mean, i just wanted no delays, so I'm asking if there's a way to upload it in CEAC before the interview. 

Thnx. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Hi Hank, i wanted to know if i can do that before my interview. I mean, i just wanted no delays, so I'm asking if there's a way to upload it in CEAC before the interview. 

Thnx. 

No.   All documents listed in the checklist (step 5) are to be presented at the interview.   Only IF the embassy requests you submit documents through CEAC do you use that process.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

22 hours ago, Hank_ said:

No.   All documents listed in the checklist (step 5) are to be presented at the interview.   Only IF the embassy requests you submit documents through CEAC do you use that process.

Alright  , thnx for the info.  

Off-topic  , I had my medical exam earlier  today , and they  will need like 7 2x2  photos in all ! I wasn't  prepared for that , I only had 6 copies. Does the embassy will need me to bring visa photos  too ? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Alright  , thnx for the info.  

Off-topic  , I had my medical exam earlier  today , and they  will need like 7 2x2  photos in all ! I wasn't  prepared for that , I only had 6 copies. Does the embassy will need me to bring visa photos  too ? 

7 2X2 passport photos?    Since when?   St. Luke's website states 4.

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

From what I gather the embassy does not ask for more 2X2 photos as there are 3 in the medical file folder.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

7 2X2 passport photos?    Since when?   St. Luke's website states 4.

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

From what I gather the embassy does not ask for more 2X2 photos as there are 3 in the medical file folder.

Don't know.. I'll comeback tomorrow for my immunization if my medical exam will turn out just fine, and the lady gave me a slip and some checklist of what i need to bring and that includes another 3 pcs of the visa photo. I'm wondering if i need more if it for the interview so i can prepare 

Timeline
Just now, youandme13 said:

Don't know.. I'll comeback tomorrow for my immunization if my medical exam will turn out just fine, and the lady gave me a slip and some checklist of what i need to bring and that includes another 3 pcs of the visa photo. I'm wondering if i need more if it for the interview so i can prepare 

The 3 2X2 would be for the embassy, those will go into your file folder that you hand carry to the interview.

Maybe someone lost some of your photos ... 7 is not normal.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

My understanding is you submit the total number of photos to slec for both their purpose and what the embassy requires .  My fiancee submitted 4 at her medical just last week 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.