DGTravel

On 221g

45 posts in this topic

Got my interview today, it was smooth but I got 221g :(

My marriage cert and birth cert uploaded in CEAC were in bright yellow copy, this is the type of copy PSA issue before.  However, the new ones that I got were already in pale yellow print.  CO didn't release my visa yet for IR1 application and requested to upload scanned copies of my CENOMAR, Birth Cert and Marriage Cert.  My spouse and I got disappointed as we didn't experience "Visa Approved" today :(

Question:

1) Is it correct that I should upload in CEAC website?

2) Return the original copies of MC, BC and Cenomar when I send the passport back to the embassy via 2go?

3) Officer mentioned that it may take 2-4weeks for processing upon my submission, will there be another interview and will the 2-4weeks timeline includes passport with stamped visa delivered to me?

4) Anyone here experienced 221g and got faster turnaround time than 2- 4 weeks?

Keeping our hopes high still...

36 minutes ago, DGTravel said:

My marriage cert and birth cert uploaded in CEAC were in bright yellow copy, this is the type of copy PSA issue before.  However, the new ones that I got were already in pale yellow print.  CO didn't release my visa yet for IR1 application and requested to upload scanned copies of my CENOMAR, Birth Cert and Marriage Cert.  My spouse and I got disappointed as we didn't experience "Visa Approved" today :(

Question:

1) Is it correct that I should upload in CEAC website? It seems to me that the 221g states to up load. So if you want your visa then you upload.

2) Return the original copies of MC, BC and Cenomar when I send the passport back to the embassy via 2go? Yes. If they ask you to do that then you follow their directions.

3) Officer mentioned that it may take 2-4weeks for processing upon my submission, will there be another interview and will the 2-4weeks timeline includes passport with stamped visa delivered to me? No interview and another  2-4weeks.

4) Anyone here experienced 221g and got faster turnaround time than 2- 4 weeks? Many people experience a 2-4 week turn around. I have never seen something shorter than that oh maybe a day or so shorter then 2 weeks but 2-4 is still the norm. Follow their instructions to the "T" and you will have a visa. If you choose not to follow their instructions then be prepared to receive a denial. So what's it going to be?

Can I ask why you have to send all those documents to USEM? Did you not prepare for the interview and follow the P3 instructions to prepare those documents and that they must be originals?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

30 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Can I ask why you have to send all those documents to USEM? Did you not prepare for the interview and follow the P3 instructions to prepare those documents and that they must be originals?

I submitted the originals.  It was just all original forms newly requested to PSA are already in different paper colors.

1 minute ago, DGTravel said:

I submitted the originals.  It was just all original forms newly requested to PSA are already in different paper colors.

Sorry, I am confused. Are you saying that you requested new documents from PSA (in original format) but they gave them to you on color paper and the Embassy wants them on plain paper?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

here's the paper quality of submitted in CEAC for NVC stage, i don't have the original of this anymore 

image.png.30c7a71e9538bf5f2cff1246ec2a1d16.png

i requested for originals in PSA again not knowing that there will be a change in their paper quality.  here's how it look like now

image.png.a0a825d1c085ff493204d0dd38f9289a.png

Seems like it was all good  during the interview, except that the consul wanted to have the latest one uploaded in CEAC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, DGTravel said:

Question:

1) Is it correct that I should upload in CEAC website?

2) Return the original copies of MC, BC and Cenomar when I send the passport back to the embassy via 2go?

3) Officer mentioned that it may take 2-4weeks for processing upon my submission, will there be another interview and will the 2-4weeks timeline includes passport with stamped visa delivered to me?

4) Anyone here experienced 221g and got faster turnaround time than 2- 4 weeks?

Embassy does not want the PSA or NBI documents to be older than 6 months.   If the embassy asks for new documents  then that is what you do.     (Philippines is listed as a high fraud country ... mostly because of fraudulent documents so it is common for the embassy to required documents a 2nd time)

Embassy has started a variety of new policies in the past couple weeks, uploading documents to CEAC is new.

You follow the directions exactly as noted on the 221g!  And from what I read in the copy of your 221g you posted,  you are to UPLOAD to CEAC and also delivery new PSA CENOMAR (CEMAR), Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate and passport to 2G0 along with including this 221g request.  .. being BOTH LINES were checked.   (do keep copies)

2-4 additional weeks for processing is very common.

> just a suggestion;   Get extra copies of your BC to bring to the USA.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

24 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Embassy does not want the PSA or NBI documents to be older than 6 months.   If the embassy asks for new documents  then that is what you do.     (Philippines is listed as a high fraud country ... mostly because of fraudulent documents so it is common for the embassy to required documents a 2nd time)

Embassy has started a variety of new policies in the past couple weeks, uploading documents to CEAC is new.

You follow the directions exactly as noted on the 221g!  And from what I read in the copy of your 221g you posted,  you are to UPLOAD to CEAC and also delivery new PSA CENOMAR (CEMAR), Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate and passport to 2G0 along with including this 221g request.  .. being BOTH LINES were checked.   (do keep copies)

2-4 additional weeks for processing is very common.

> just a suggestion;   Get extra copies of your BC to bring to the USA.

Thanks Hank.

I have all original certificates (August 2018 copies) with me during the interview.  CO seem to be pleased with the other items and gave me pamphlet regarding Domestic Violence, but gave 221g to upload scanned copy of certificates I brought on the interview.

I also called the embassy hotline and agent confirmed that I need to send back the originals the CO gave back to me but they still need to confirm if it should be uploaded in CEAC or in another site (agent mentioned that there is still another site).  Agent advised to upload certs in CEAC and they will just contact me by Tues/Wed if I have to re-submit.

Agent also mentioned that upon receiving the docs, they will send me back my passport with visa in 2-4weeks and there's no need for another interview, really hoping that it will not exceed that timeframe.

Would you know if the sealed immigrant packet be included in passport delivery or it's usually collected from embassy for this kind of cases? Thanks.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, DGTravel said:

Thanks Hank.

I have all original certificates (August 2018 copies) with me during the interview.  CO seem to be pleased with the other items and gave me pamphlet regarding Domestic Violence, but gave 221g to upload scanned copy of certificates I brought on the interview.

I also called the embassy hotline and agent confirmed that I need to send back the originals the CO gave back to me but they still need to confirm if it should be uploaded in CEAC or in another site (agent mentioned that there is still another site).  Agent advised to upload certs in CEAC and they will just contact me by Tues/Wed if I have to re-submit.

Agent also mentioned that upon receiving the docs, they will send me back my passport with visa in 2-4weeks and there's no need for another interview, really hoping that it will not exceed that timeframe.

Would you know if the sealed immigrant packet be included in passport delivery or it's usually collected from embassy for this kind of cases? Thanks.

That is interesting about the documents.  I truly appreciate the update.  This is how we learn and pass things on to those coming behind you.  Thanks.

This uploading to CEAC is all new, getting copies and sending through 2GO is very normal.   Returning your passport at the end of the interview (if you receive a 221g) is new also, you are the second that has mentioned this.

Your visa package will contain a DO NOT OPEN envelope (your case file) and your passport w/visa.  Being you are immigrant visa you will need to cut the plastic open to remove both, you need to make copies of the Data Summary Sheet for CFO after that you can return the DO NOT OPEN envelope to the plastic, then put it in your carry-on bag and protect it from tearing, your will hand over the envelope at POE.

Hope things will move quickly for you.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

That is interesting about the documents.  I truly appreciate the update.  This is how we learn and pass things on to those coming behind you.  Thanks.

This uploading to CEAC is all new, getting copies and sending through 2GO is very normal.   Returning your passport at the end of the interview (if you receive a 221g) is new also, you are the second that has mentioned this.

Your visa package will contain a DO NOT OPEN envelope (your case file) and your passport w/visa.  Being you are immigrant visa you will need to cut the plastic open to remove both, you need to make copies of the Data Summary Sheet for CFO after that you can return the DO NOT OPEN envelope to the plastic, then put it in your carry-on bag and protect it from tearing, your will hand over the envelope at POE.

Hope things will move quickly for you.

I wonder if they haven't gotten a new captain of the ship and he/she is tighting up things.

My first thought about handing back the passport I wonder if they were finding there were a number of people once they got the 221(g) just gave up and the passport sits at USEM till such time as they close the case and now they are the ones who have to try and return the passport. With the difficulty of pinning down an address I'm sure 2go is having problems with some in the return. Then 2go sends it back to USEM unable to deliver only to be placed in a BIG box in the corner where they throw the returns never to be claimed.

Over the past few days, lots of changes for the process at USEM. Stay tune.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I wonder if they haven't gotten a new captain of the ship and he/she is tighting up things.

My first thought about handing back the passport I wonder if they were finding there were a number of people once they got the 221(g) just gave up and the passport sits at USEM till such time as they close the case and now they are the ones who have to try and return the passport. With the difficulty of pinning down an address I'm sure 2go is having problems with some in the return. Then 2go sends it back to USEM unable to deliver only to be placed in a BIG box in the corner where they throw the returns never to be claimed.

They kept Rose's passport when we got our 221g.  They had to pay 2GO to return her passport along with the denial.  It makes sense that they return the passport right away.  In the long run it probably is the same since they pay for the passport and documents to be sent back to the Embassy when the 221g is successfully answered.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

With the uploading of documents to CEAC I think this comes from Dept of State and that all embassies will be doing this.    As for passports I would bet you are right that they are sitting a a boat load .. (to stay with the captain  of the ship theory ;)  )

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The captain of the ship theory might be true.  When I was on pre-screening, they were like touring US folks inside the embassy and I overheard "This is where we're processing IVs, there's also an update in our process (blah blah blah)".  Not sure if one of them is the captain or they're the captain's crew 😆

On my pre-screening, I found it weird that she asked me regarding my payment and asked if i have the receipt with me.  I told her that I don't have a receipt but it should already be paid during NVC phase for IR1. She also noted that we did not upload CENOMAR  of my petitioner who is also a Filipino born.  

I was one of the first 8 on the actual interview line and with those 8, 6 applicants got 221g with all passports returned and 2 upfront approval.

-  Both Parents:  They were asked of updated ITR of their daughter to show the daughter's business in US

Son:  He was asked to scan/upload the first 2 pages of AOS, provide 2017 ITR and I find it odd that he was also asked for CENOMAR

Fiancee: She was asked for 2017 ITR and CENOMAR

- Spouse: She was asked for additional sponsor for AOS, 2017 ITR and CENOMAR

- ME: I was asked to scan and upload the MC, BC, Cenomar I brought on the interview

I already completed the upload and send back my passport plus the original certs via 2go on the same day of my interview, still keeping our hopes high on this setback.

I wonder, based on @DGTravel observations Spouse was asked for a sponsor. Maybe they are back reviewing the financials as they had in the past. This is like reading a mystery novel. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I wonder if this uploading to CEAC will become part of the process for the K-1 as well.   Right now it seems like it is all immigrant visa types only.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.