kmartinkc

Multiple copies of marriage certificate for AOS?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello, I have a question about the adjustment of status for my wife. We are preparing to file the form to be sent out next week. We just got married last Friday and we're waiting on the marriage license to be returned by mail. We already got her social security card, so filing the adjustment of status is our next step. We're going to be filing the adjustment of status, employment authorization, and travel permit all at once. My wife is under the impression that we need to submit a certified copy of the wedding certificate for each application, so three in total. I've tried searching online but I've found conflicting information. I would think we could just submit one certified copy and attach two additional photocopies of it to the other applications since it will all be mailed in the same envelope, but I'm not really sure about that. Anyone have any insight about this?

4 minutes ago, kmartinkc said:

Hello, I have a question about the adjustment of status for my wife. We are preparing to file the form to be sent out next week. We just got married last Friday and we're waiting on the marriage license to be returned by mail. We already got her social security card, so filing the adjustment of status is our next step. We're going to be filing the adjustment of status, employment authorization, and travel permit all at once. My wife is under the impression that we need to submit a certified copy of the wedding certificate for each application, so three in total. I've tried searching online but I've found conflicting information. I would think we could just submit one certified copy and attach two additional photocopies of it to the other applications since it will all be mailed in the same envelope, but I'm not really sure about that. Anyone have any insight about this?

You have won your first married debate!

One certified copy for the I485 and one photocopy EACH of that certified copy for the AP and EAD respectively.

Now promise not to rub it in her face...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

You can submit a photocopy of certified copy. 1 copy for each application. If filing AOS/ead/AP at the same time it would be 3. (important especially if there’s a name change)

Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

You have won your first married debate!

One certified copy for the I485 and one photocopy EACH of that certified copy for the AP and EAD respectively.

Now promise not to rub it in her face...

It doesn’t have to be original certified copy for I-485 either. A photocopy will do.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:17 AM, Naes said:

You can submit a photocopy of certified copy. 1 copy for each application. If filing AOS/ead/AP at the same time it would be 3. (important especially if there’s a name change)

It doesn’t have to be original certified copy for I-485 either. A photocopy will do.

Naes, 

Thanks for your answer.

If I file AOS/ead/AP at the same time, should I send 2 photos for each application (total 6)?

Does it also mean that I have to send G-1145 form for each application (total 3) and etc...?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Blossomka said:

Hello guys!

Could you please answer my question?

If I file AOS/ead/AP at the same time, should I send 2 photos for each application (total 6)?

Does it also mean that I have to send G-1145 form for each application (total 3) and etc...?

I sent only one G-1145 I clipped it onto the top of all the forms. 

Yes we sent 2 photos with each form 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Blossomka said:

Hello guys!

Could you please answer my question?

Sorry just realized. 

I sent one g-1145 with each as they are 3 different applications. And 2 photos per application so 6 in total

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.