Jump to content

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey, if your sibling is being jailed and not proven guilty until now. Can you get your visa? My case is filed under f2A but I want to know if they could deny my visa cuz of my brothers criminal record? I’ve nothing to do about this case! But I’m worried if it could affect my process. Please let me know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And my husband applied for me from USA.   I’m worried if their case could affect my visa process? 

Just now, SusieQQQ said:

No, it’s not your case.

If it’s not me who’s accused for something they can’t deny me right? I’m worried 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

But I’m worried if it could affect my process.

Ultimately, his criminal record will have zero effect on your F2A case. Just a FYI, in the embassy stage most (if not all) visa applicants from Pakistan go into Administrative Processing for extended periods of time because the U.S. Department of State considers the Police Character Certificates from Pakistan as inaccurate: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html


Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Ultimately, his criminal record will have zero effect on your F2A case. Just a FYI, in the embassy stage most (if not all) visa applicants from Pakistan go into Administrative Processing for extended periods of time because the U.S. Department of State considers the Police Character Certificates from Pakistan as inaccurate: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Oh thanks for you reassuring reply!! 😭 I was like so worried about my case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Ultimately, his criminal record will have zero effect on your F2A case. Just a FYI, in the embassy stage most (if not all) visa applicants from Pakistan go into Administrative Processing for extended periods of time because the U.S. Department of State considers the Police Character Certificates from Pakistan as inaccurate: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Just one more question , even if they’re accuse of murder? Cuz I just saw that they’re giving ds5535 form? In which you have to mention you sibling names(what’s the purpose of that), they’re not proven guilty until now. And we know that there’s nothing like that happened. But someone filed case against my brothers. I’m so worried about my case 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

Cuz I just saw that they’re giving ds5535 form?

My guess the info provided on the DS-5535 is the starting point for their background process since they don't trust the PCC from Pakistan; the DS-5535 asks:

  • Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;
  • Address history during the last fifteen years;
  • Employment history during the last fifteen years;
  • All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;
  • Names and dates of birth for all siblings;
  • Name and dates of birth for all children;
  • Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;
  • Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and
  • Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TM92 said:

My guess the info provided on the DS-5535 is the starting point for their background process since they don't trust the PCC from Pakistan; the DS-5535 asks:

  • Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;
  • Address history during the last fifteen years;
  • Employment history during the last fifteen years;
  • All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;
  • Names and dates of birth for all siblings;
  • Name and dates of birth for all children;
  • Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;
  • Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and
  • Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

So does the siblings information in this form have anything to do with criminal records of them? I’m no where in the case that has been going. I was just waiting for my noa2 and this happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sal11 said:

So does the siblings information in this form have anything to do with criminal records of them? I’m no where in the case that has been going.

For siblings, it only asks for name and date of birth: https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/DS-5535-Supplemental-Questions-For-Visa-Applicants.pdf

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 10:52 AM, Sal11 said:

Just one more question , even if they’re accuse of murder? Cuz I just saw that they’re giving ds5535 form? In which you have to mention you sibling names(what’s the purpose of that), they’re not proven guilty until now. And we know that there’s nothing like that happened. But someone filed case against my brothers. I’m so worried about my case 

Many applicants from Pakistan are required to complete a DS-5535.

They may or may not discover his charge. It won't impact you so long as you have no involvement with the case.

 

As for why they ask, it's because they want to know. Maybe they are checking for terrorist links? Maybe they are just building a database of relationships in the event that a security issue is discovered and they want to investigate?

Maybe it has no meaning at all. But if you aren't involved then it won't hurt you.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/17/18: Approved

?/?/?: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×