18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey, if your sibling is being jailed and not proven guilty until now. Can you get your visa? My case is filed under f2A but I want to know if they could deny my visa cuz of my brothers criminal record? I’ve nothing to do about this case! But I’m worried if it could affect my process. Please let me know. 

Timeline

And my husband applied for me from USA.   I’m worried if their case could affect my visa process? 

Just now, SusieQQQ said:

No, it’s not your case.

If it’s not me who’s accused for something they can’t deny me right? I’m worried 😩

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

But I’m worried if it could affect my process.

Ultimately, his criminal record will have zero effect on your F2A case. Just a FYI, in the embassy stage most (if not all) visa applicants from Pakistan go into Administrative Processing for extended periods of time because the U.S. Department of State considers the Police Character Certificates from Pakistan as inaccurate: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Ultimately, his criminal record will have zero effect on your F2A case. Just a FYI, in the embassy stage most (if not all) visa applicants from Pakistan go into Administrative Processing for extended periods of time because the U.S. Department of State considers the Police Character Certificates from Pakistan as inaccurate: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Oh thanks for you reassuring reply!! 😭 I was like so worried about my case. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Just one more question , even if they’re accuse of murder? Cuz I just saw that they’re giving ds5535 form? In which you have to mention you sibling names(what’s the purpose of that), they’re not proven guilty until now. And we know that there’s nothing like that happened. But someone filed case against my brothers. I’m so worried about my case 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

Cuz I just saw that they’re giving ds5535 form?

My guess the info provided on the DS-5535 is the starting point for their background process since they don't trust the PCC from Pakistan; the DS-5535 asks:

• Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;
  • Address history during the last fifteen years;
  • Employment history during the last fifteen years;
  • All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;
  • Names and dates of birth for all siblings;
  • Name and dates of birth for all children;
  • Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;
  • Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and
  • Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

Timeline
Just now, TM92 said:

My guess the info provided on the DS-5535 is the starting point for their background process since they don't trust the PCC from Pakistan; the DS-5535 asks:

• Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;
  • Address history during the last fifteen years;
  • Employment history during the last fifteen years;
  • All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;
  • Names and dates of birth for all siblings;
  • Name and dates of birth for all children;
  • Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;
  • Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and
  • Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

So does the siblings information in this form have anything to do with criminal records of them? I’m no where in the case that has been going. I was just waiting for my noa2 and this happened. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sal11 said:

So does the siblings information in this form have anything to do with criminal records of them? I’m no where in the case that has been going.

For siblings, it only asks for name and date of birth: https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/DS-5535-Supplemental-Questions-For-Visa-Applicants.pdf

Edited by TM92

3 hours ago, Sal11 said:

Please leme know!!!

By that do you mean I should repeat exactly the same thing I already wrote? What didn’t you understand?

They may not deny you for your brother’s actions, but, they can still deny you for other reasons. Many reasons. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

They may not deny you for your brother’s actions, but, they can still deny you for other reasons. Many reasons. 

What kinda reasons lol? I’m not involved in anything 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

On 10/4/2018 at 10:52 AM, Sal11 said:

Just one more question , even if they’re accuse of murder? Cuz I just saw that they’re giving ds5535 form? In which you have to mention you sibling names(what’s the purpose of that), they’re not proven guilty until now. And we know that there’s nothing like that happened. But someone filed case against my brothers. I’m so worried about my case 

Many applicants from Pakistan are required to complete a DS-5535.

They may or may not discover his charge. It won't impact you so long as you have no involvement with the case.

As for why they ask, it's because they want to know. Maybe they are checking for terrorist links? Maybe they are just building a database of relationships in the event that a security issue is discovered and they want to investigate?

Maybe it has no meaning at all. But if you aren't involved then it won't hurt you.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.