nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, osts1985 said:

Hello everyone,

i applied for my Green Card (10yeard) in October 2017. NOA and biometric were done within 2 weeks and then nothing. No RFE or another extension letter. I’m planning to apply for my citizenship soon. Is there anyone like my case? Or everyone else got another extension?

My application was submitted to Vermont office

Yup, most of us are playing the long game. But, you might want to contact USCIS about your extension letter. I got mine weeks ago (CSC filer).

6 minutes ago, nompish said:

I would confidently say 99% of October 2017 filers are in the same boat as you.

One more sleep until i can submit my N-400!! i am so excited lol!

One more sleep? Awww. I'm excited for you. 14 days to go for me. Let us know what you think of the submission process - I'm hoping it's a breeze. :)

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

40 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Yup, most of us are playing the long game. But, you might want to contact USCIS about your extension letter. I got mine weeks ago (CSC filer).

One more sleep? Awww. I'm excited for you. 14 days to go for me. Let us know what you think of the submission process - I'm hoping it's a breeze. :)

Will do! i just proof read everything to make sure all the answers are correct. Tomorrow ideally should be a breeze but you never know !

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

1 hour ago, nompish said:

Will do! i just proof read everything to make sure all the answers are correct. Tomorrow ideally should be a breeze but you never know !

Good luck! :D I apply in 7 days! :D the wait is KILLING me 

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I think I am one of the few outliers in this thread that doesn't have a combo or 3 year rule. Or am I the only one? 😛

So exited to see all you guys excitement. Obviously mine isn't as time sensitive, but I am still a wreck. And no, I haven't filed yet. Its looking to be a crazy week, I might have to do it next week. Since I am a wee bit OCD in checking stuff and checking again, I'll have to run through the whole thing online again and again. You you know how many questions and tabs there are. I am just always worried something gets messed up while I am doing it. Like I'll check the A number 10 times, same with SSN. Then I do it again for good measure. 😂

Wonder if my case takes longer just because they'll have to pull the old files out of some storage closet somewhere. Hidden under the cobwebs. I do expect the background check to take a wee bit longer if one has a longer time frame. Or maybe not. I don't even have a speeding ticket so it should all be pretty blank. 

I'll expect to see some squeeing from nompish tomorrow when she's done filing. :jest:

12 minutes ago, Alamo Cat said:

I think I am one of the few outliers in this thread that doesn't have a combo or 3 year rule. Or am I the only one? 😛

Nope, me too, 5-year rule, diversity visa green card.

~~

also - my bio letter is up on the website - appointment is 10/22. And it says “The photo taken may be used on your naturalization certificate” - so I’ll make sure to look decent 😀

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
19 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

~~

also - my bio letter is up on the website - appointment is 10/22. And it says “The photo taken may be used on your naturalization certificate” - so I’ll make sure to look decent 😀

And make sure you don't end up with pencil marks on your cheek like I did for my I-90 pic. 😂

I spend all that time fluffing my feathers to look good. But that is just the kind of thing that is so me. Total dork. 

I assume there will be a new pic and finger prints. Even though they just took them, I don't think they always know what the left hand does from the right. Different applications, different offices I am sure. 

1 hour ago, Nikolas2017 said:

i apllyed today n400 . 8 AM))))) USCiS sent me notice // we got your money bla bla bla and wait 48 hours we review your form . i dont know what is next 

nice! was it easy to submit and paY?

K-1 Journey

AOS Journey

1 hour ago, Alamo Cat said:

So exited to see all you guys excitement. Obviously mine isn't as time sensitive, but I am still a wreck. And no, I haven't filed yet. Its looking to be a crazy week, I might have to do it next week. Since I am a wee bit OCD in checking stuff and checking again, I'll have to run through the whole thing online again and again. You you know how many questions and tabs there are. I am just always worried something gets messed up while I am doing it. Like I'll check the A number 10 times, same with SSN. Then I do it again for good measure. 😂

Wonder if my case takes longer just because they'll have to pull the old files out of some storage closet somewhere. Hidden under the cobwebs. I do expect the background check to take a wee bit longer if one has a longer time frame. Or maybe not. I don't even have a speeding ticket so it should all be pretty blank. 

I'll expect to see some squeeing from nompish tomorrow when she's done filing. :jest:

hahahah! you are hilarious! i am definitely going to squeeling tomorrow hahahaha. I am submitting at 7.30am

K-1 Journey

AOS Journey

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

~~

How long did it take from submitting to get a bio appointment?

K-1 Journey

AOS Journey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

I’m excited too about becoming a citizen and to get out of this nerverecking system. My fear though, comes January, I can’t travel. I travel half of the time for my job, all over the world. I have 12 trips already planned for next year. Should I wait and hope for the best, or can I really do something now. 

Is calling USCIS helpful at all? I’ve been reading here, most people who called them they said they didn’t give them any answers, they just added to the confusion 

1 hour ago, nompish said:

How long did it take from submitting to get a bio appointment?

I submitted 10/1, on 10/5 it said an appointment had been made but I could only see the date for that today.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, October filers!

We are about to mail my husband's N-400. The instructions, that I look through, say, that the only evidence, that has to be enclosed with the form, should be our marriage certificate and his green card copy. The rest of the evidence - proofs of bona fide marriage and all - are out under the section "bring for the citizenship interview."  But when I filed my own citizenship in 2013, I remember sending the whole package of evidence, including financial and all.

Can anyone tell me, what to do better - to follow the instruction or to provide all the evidence before the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bunny Gurl said:

Hello, October filers!

We are about to mail my husband's N-400. The instructions, that I look through, say, that the only evidence, that has to be enclosed with the form, should be our marriage certificate and his green card copy. The rest of the evidence - proofs of bona fide marriage and all - are out under the section "bring for the citizenship interview."  But when I filed my own citizenship in 2013, I remember sending the whole package of evidence, including financial and all.

Can anyone tell me, what to do better - to follow the instruction or to provide all the evidence before the interview?

Hey. nothing complicated just to quickly going through your feed it is better to upload documents online. this will help the officer to make a decision faster . I just filed today and uploaded over 55 documents and then I'll take them with me for an interview . as well as new evidence of living together . Everything's going to be OK. familiar filed online and received citizenship 92 days after filing

Timeline

Woah. 55 documents? wow. 😲

Here I was worried about uploading too much stuff. They didn't ask, but I uploaded my tax return transcripts. 

I went through my application in draft again from the beginning today. Just to make sure its all there. I'll file maybe end of week? We'll see if I have the nerves. No sure whey I always expect the worse. But that is me. Worry wart. 😬

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.