nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I got an update on my case! I am having trouble accessing the USCIS website to see what the interview date is. I will update as soon as i have it! No updates on my I-751! FINALLY. the end is near xD 

NOA: October 16 2018

Office: San Diego

Interview Was Scheduled

On January 17, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

Congrats. That’s was fast . Your local office processing time is 11 months but you already got your interview schedule. This give me hope. You need to start studying hehee

4 hours ago, dannyphan91 said:

Congrats. That’s was fast . Your local office processing time is 11 months but you already got your interview schedule. This give me hope. You need to start studying hehee

not looking forward to it xD i left the book in my desk at work which i will only get back to on tuesday. then ill start going over it :D 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

not looking forward to it xD i left the book in my desk at work which i will only get back to on tuesday. then ill start going over it :D 

I’m sure you will do great. Please keep us posted.

Edited by dannyphan91

On 1/18/2019 at 6:57 AM, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I got an update on my case! I am having trouble accessing the USCIS website to see what the interview date is. I will update as soon as i have it! No updates on my I-751! FINALLY. the end is near xD 

Interview Was Scheduled

On January 17, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

Interview date is 28 February

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi Guys! I filed my N400 last October as well. I haven't received any new updates, the last thing I was told is they're actively looking over my case. Is anyone filing from Queens, NY? How has it been going?

I am looking forward to hearing about your big day. I know you're going to ace it. :) 

Interview date is 28 February

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/15/2019 at 10:00 AM, johnmcgraw49 said:

My wife had her interview yesterday.  She's normally laid back and nonchalant about these type of things but she actually studied really hard for this and was pretty nervous.  So we get there and we get a number (like at a deli).  Not too much time goes by and a guy comes out and calls my wife by her last name (everyone else has been called by their #).  So he asks for both of us....we go back to the office and he says to me to sit on the chair closest to the door because he says you wont be staying long.  So then he says, you have 2 open cases....to remove your restriction for 10 year GC and N400.  So he says we are going to try to knock both out today.  I thought this was weird becuz if you become a citizen then whats the point about removing conditions?? I guess had she failed the N400 interview.  Anyway he asked for things like joint bank acct and/or other printed materials that had our names together....We totally hadn't prepared for that.  Fortunately I was able to pull up our geico insurance cards on my phone.  He said that will do it.  By the way he pulled out "our file" and it literally had every document we had ever sent USCIS.  Like all the way back from when we first filed for K1.  So he asks me to leave and my wife has her interview.  They asked her - Name a state the touches Canada, what war was in 1803, what year was the constitution written, what ocean is east of the US and 2 other fairly easy questions.  My wife said he was very nice and wasn't grilling for the answers.  He was like a friendly teacher who wanted to see her pass....if that makes sense.  He definitely didn't tell her the answers becuz she knew them, but she said like the Atlantic ocean question, he said, you know it's the ocean that's right here in Jacksonville. Then they asked the typical, have you recruited girls for prostitution, have you been a terrorist, are you of foreign nobility, etc.  Of course she answered truthfully no.  And that was it....maybe 15 minutes and he said a letter should come in a week or 2 regarding the swearing in ceremony.  My wife is due (pregnant) Feb 23rd, so he told her if she can't make it then she can just send something in, that it will be in the letter.  Hope that gives everyone here some insight....And hopefully we are done with visa journey and the uscis.  Thanks for all the help on here over the years!!  Some of you have given me tremendous advice.  I never paid a lawyer and did everything myself....so again THANK YOU!!!

Oath Ceremony Feb 13th, 2019!!!  Officially a US Citizen!!

@johnmcgraw49 What fantastic news! Congratulations, you guys now have an official end date to your immigration story. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

On 1/19/2019 at 12:24 PM, NewYorker14 said:

Hi Guys! I filed my N400 last October as well. I haven't received any new updates, the last thing I was told is they're actively looking over my case. Is anyone filing from Queens, NY? How has it been going?

Hey! Same boat here. No movement since my biometrics last November. I filed in NYC as well. 

Spoiler

PD: May 24, 2012

09.12.2013 NOA 2 (email)

09.17.2013 NOA 2 Hard copy

09.26.2013 Case received by NVC

10.08.2013 Case number and IIN

10.09.2013 DS-261 sent

10.10.2013 AOS bill invoice received; In Process

10.10.2013 Case expedited. Shipped to USEM Manila

10.12.2013 AOS "Paid"

10.22.2013 Physical case at USEM; DS260 sent

10.23.2013 Medical Day 1; Received email waiving my interview schedule

10.24.2013 Medical Day 2

10.25.2013 Interview Date, Approved

10.30.2013 Visa received! Best birthday gift ever! 

11.06.2013 Attended PDOS

11.20.2013 POE at Guam 

11.26.2013 SSN Card Received by mail

01.15.2014 Green Card received! Finally! 

Spoiler

N400

10.28.2018 Application submitted, NOA1

11.03.2018 Biometrics scheduled

11.23.2018 Biometrics done

03.26.2019 Interview scheduled

05.01.2019 Interview done, approved

06.20.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
7 hours ago, binashi said:

Hey! Same boat here. No movement since my biometrics last November. I filed in NYC as well. 

I did my biometrics in November too. I hope we receive some sort of update soon.  I heard 4 months after you've completed your biometrics they send you the notification "we've set a date for your interview" but I don't know how accurate that information is since after all the time span for these cases are based on the complexity of the case. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:57 AM, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Interview Was Scheduled

Congrats!

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

On 1/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

I am looking forward to hearing about your big day. I know you're going to ace it. :) 

Thank you! :) I need to get where you are at with those questions! I wish I could rattle 100 questions off in my sleep xD 

Ha ha! It won't take long. What's helping me is to read it out loud and study in the same verbal format as the real test. Best though is to get different people to test you as I found that just hearing the questions asked in a different voice can throw me a bit, especially as I'm used to hearing my own voice. I hope that makes sense! Once you're up to speed you can run through all 100 (with someone playing the IMO part) in 5 minutes or less. 

Watch out though for know-it-alls who want to give you a ton a background, ask you to expand or throw in their own version of the questions. You need someone who will ask the question as written, and gets that you only need to give the specified amount of answer(s). Most questions just require one answer, a few need two and there's only one question that needs three (I think that's names of the first states).

The IMO doesn't want you to expand, the study guides states that short answers are required. The IMO has to write down everything you say, so they don't want you to say a lot! 

Good luck! 👩‍🎓

Thank you! :) I need to get where you are at with those questions! I wish I could rattle 100 questions off in my sleep xD 

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Outcome

Hey @nompish, good to see you. Still hanging in there? I was hoping you'd have some good news on your i-751/N400 by now. Any updates? 

Diddly squat going on for me. 🤨

Outcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.