Tristan1978

221g at London Embassy (IR1)

27 posts in this topic

So, I had my interview yesterday at the London embassy and everything was going smoothly until they told me they were issuing a 221g as there were documents missing, however I had an email early September from CEAC saying "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified"... This doesn't make any sense, why would they give me an interview if the documents weren't all there and correct??

I have uploaded and submitted the documents they said they are missing (even though some are already on there!) does anyone know how long it will take to review? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The final decision on visa approval is with consulate only and they may ask for more documents than what was required at the CEAC uploading stage. 

NVC making you documentarily Qualified doesnt mean that the docs are sufficient. If you read that email thoroughly, you'll see they've also suggested u that consulate may ask for additional documents. 

Nevertheless it wont take much time after you've submitted the required docs. You'll get approved in a week's time. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tristan1978 said:

So, I had my interview yesterday at the London embassy and everything was going smoothly until they told me they were issuing a 221g as there were documents missing, however I had an email early September from CEAC saying "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified"... This doesn't make any sense, why would they give me an interview if the documents weren't all there and correct??

I have uploaded and submitted the documents they said they are missing (even though some are already on there!) does anyone know how long it will take to review? 

Me the same case how up uploaded the document after the interview (which site ) bz they were not clear and am lost can you please help ?

Congrats on getting your interview out the way. I'm sure it won't be long for all this to be sorted out. 

If you don't mind me asking what were the missing documents? Or rather what did they say was missing? 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my interview on Monday and they told me that we hadn’t uploaded my wife’s tax info. Luckily, I had a copy with me. But I checked straight after the interview and the stuff had been submitted to the NVC. My attorney warned me that they were having issues accessing documents with their new computer system. So I would make sure that anyone attending an interview brings a copy of absolutely everything. 

4 hours ago, Batool said:

Me the same case how up uploaded the document after the interview (which site ) bz they were not clear and am lost can you please help ?

Upload your information on CEAC 

3 hours ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

Congrats on getting your interview out the way. I'm sure it won't be long for all this to be sorted out. 

If you don't mind me asking what were the missing documents? Or rather what did they say was missing? 

Tax information for both sponsors and my subject access report... all of which are online and I confirmed that as soon as I got home, I had copies of everything too but they wouldn’t accept it and told me to email it which I did then I got an email to say they needed it uploaded to CEAC???!!! This whole process has been an absolute disaster!

2 hours ago, Welshbear said:

I had my interview on Monday and they told me that we hadn’t uploaded my wife’s tax info. Luckily, I had a copy with me. But I checked straight after the interview and the stuff had been submitted to the NVC. My attorney warned me that they were having issues accessing documents with their new computer system. So I would make sure that anyone attending an interview brings a copy of absolutely everything. 

I had copies too, but they wouldn’t take them! I’m glad I wasn’t the only one, hopefully this will be sorted soon!

2 minutes ago, Batool said:

I uploaded and it’s already uploaded before but I can’t open the file 

Upload it as an additional document

1 minute ago, Tristan1978 said:

Tax information for both sponsors and my subject access report... all of which are online and I confirmed that as soon as I got home, I had copies of everything too but they wouldn’t accept it and told me to email it which I did then I got an email to say they needed it uploaded to CEAC???!!! This whole process has been an absolute disaster!

Oh man! What's a subject access report? Haha so they wouldn't accept the copies but said upload it? That's ludicrous and I can see totally why you would be feeling disheartened. 

Hopefully now it's uploaded it will all be sorted within the next couple of days.

I am rooting for you! 

2 minutes ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

Oh man! What's a subject access report? Haha so they wouldn't accept the copies but said upload it? That's ludicrous and I can see totally why you would be feeling disheartened. 

Hopefully now it's uploaded it will all be sorted within the next couple of days.

I am rooting for you! 

Thank you 😊 it’s total nonsense but all I can do is play the game. 

They say jump!...

1 minute ago, Tristan1978 said:

Thank you 😊 it’s total nonsense but all I can do is play the game. 

They say jump!...

Yes! It doesn't make any sense

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

I had copies too, but they wouldn’t take them! I’m glad I wasn’t the only one, hopefully this will be sorted soon!

Upload it as an additional document

Thanks a lot

exactly the same case and the same document they asked me to upload 

What is a subject access report? Do we need that in addition to the police certificate  from ACRO? 😭 This whole process is very stressful, we've finally gotten a CC today though. 

30 minutes ago, Ariethesiren said:

What is a subject access report? Do we need that in addition to the police certificate  from ACRO? 😭 This whole process is very stressful, we've finally gotten a CC today though. 

Congratulations 🎉 You will only need a subject access report if your ACRO certificate shows “No Live Trace” (FYI @proudtobabritgirl)

Edited by Tristan1978

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.