Voice of Reason

Christine Blasey Ford ex-boyfriend says she helped friend prep for potential polygraph; Grassley sounds alarm

125 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Can you explain how you can misconstrue what I said about your experience as belittling?  

Your post for review:

16 hours ago, Satisfied said:

Wow.  Again.  (Sorry, I am just now catching up)

You jump into a forum where you know no one, and start calling names.  You also state several numerical stats as "facts", without a single link to back up your claims,  and act like everyone should just believe you because some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past. 

Take a chill pill.  Slow down. Get to know folks.   Have a virtual beer (or coffee) and share your wisdom with us.  Not everyone here is a nasty man towards whom you can spew vitriol.  And I can assure you... Sones may be many things, but native is NOT one of them!

I boldfaced specific text for emphasis.

"You also state several numerical stats as "facts", without a single link to back up your claims" is a false claim.

"... act like everyone should just believe you because some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past" is another false claim and belittling. I did not presume "everyone should just believe" me because "some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past". I've provided a re-posting of my responses with links in a response on this same page. None of those responses state something to the effect of believe-me-I-was-sexually-assaulted as you have stated above. You're welcome to review those.

And reducing my experience to "some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past" is a VERY low blow. I caution you against talking to sexual assault survivors in such a way, especially if they're people you actually care about.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

9 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Plus 1000!!   I think most everyone in this forum feels the same way.

That’s like saying because 87% of crimes are done with guns, and I own a gun, therefore I am 87% guilty of killing someone.

I've addressed this in multiple posts, including this response to Sonea.

2 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Nor did Sonea. In fact, Sonea made ZERO comments about your background.  You are the only one who brought it up. You are twisting up words and meanings. 

But do carry on.  

Provoking an emotional reaction. I reckon a review of the ToS is in order: https://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, ivyanddan said:

Your post for review:

I boldfaced specific text for emphasis.

"You also state several numerical stats as "facts", without a single link to back up your claims" is a false claim.

"... act like everyone should just believe you because some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past" is another false claim and belittling. I did not presume "everyone should just believe" me because "some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past". I've provided a re-posting of my responses with links in a response on this same page. None of those responses state something to the effect of believe-me-I-was-sexually-assaulted as you have stated above. You're welcome to review those.

And reducing my experience to "some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past" is a VERY low blow. I caution you against talking to sexual assault survivors in such a way, especially if they're people you actually care about.

When I posted what I did about the links, it was before I came across your posts with links.  Thanks for providing them.  Your initial posts were something to the tune of 5% and 95%, then you said Kavanaugh was 95% likely to be guilty, which was a false premise, as others here have noted.

As for the bold part, I know nothing more about your story than what you posted here, and I only made reference to it.  I did not belittle you, nor did I modify what you said.  I caution you against taking offense towards internet strangers whom you don’t even know, since what they think of you really has no substance.

If you’d care to PM me about your sexual assault, we can discuss this in more detail to your satisfaction, and I am sure we would clear up your misunderstanding of my words.  Up to you.

3 minutes ago, ivyanddan said:

Provoking an emotional reaction. I reckon a review of the ToS is in order: https://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

If you’re having an emotional reaction to me quoting yours and Sonea’s posts, in an effort to keep the words straight, perhaps we should just not talk on here. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The bickering stops now (not one more post thereof), or administrative action will be applied.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, ivyanddan said:

I reckon the Terms of Conditions don't include banning someone only because I choose to use facts and I don't agree with the implications of the posts on this thread.

Would my credibility to stating facts be increased by including my academic credentials on my signature? Or does my credibility only rely on whether or not the facts I present align with yours and the some of the other commenters on this thread.

Unfortunately, belittling my experience of "some guy touched you unwelcomedly in the past" is HIGHLY insulting. But, it does NOT erase the many statistics that REFUTE the claims and myths that some of the commenters in this thread adhere to.

And, you're spreading a falsity. I have provided links. You just need to do a little bit more scrolling.

As we have learned with Dr. Ford academic credentials and facts have little to do with each other 

I know it just not me. Apology for going off topic, but I hated to start a thread just for this and he is kind of in the news on this.. I am just gonna leave it right there

This is Congressman Jim Jordan

image.jpeg.63c9fa29a0902639ba7a15b37e4d95bd.jpeg

This Steve Stifler

Image result for stifler american pie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

As we have learned with Dr. Ford academic credentials and facts have little to do with each other 

No we learned that unless a woman who had been through an attempted rape, she had better report ASAP, take written eye witness statements, and preferably took photographs of the incident, she probably would not be believed. 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

12 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

No we learned that unless a woman who had been through an attempted rape, she had better report ASAP, take written eye witness statements, and preferably took photographs of the incident, she probably would not be believed. 

You’re the first person I have ever heard make these (rather ridiculous) requirements.  Why do you feel this way?

6 minutes ago, Sonea said:

I have been somewhat critical of Feinstein lately, but to her credit she did want to censure Clinton.

and Blumenthal had a 16 year old girlfriend when he was 31. Kinda makes him a a pedophile. She is a stinking rich trust fund girl he ended up marrying, but still he was 34 dating a college freshman.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, ivyanddan said:

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with the above text (blue color). I've watched Fox News and I don't agree with the implication that the Republican Party has never done a smear campaign like what you're implying the Democratic Party is doing.

I'm not against the theory that some/all of the Democratic Party could be exploiting this allegation for a positive political outcome. But, to ignore this allegation (which the Republican Party has not been doing) would be political suicide on their part. I think Judge Kavanaugh's "job interview" should not be reduced to just a battle between two political powers. And we should accord respect to the institution that he is being nominated to join.

And I disagree that he will suffer from "complete personal and professional destruction." History has told us that does not truly happen to men in his position. If it actually does, it will happen in 10 or so years --- example, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein.

I did not ask about Fox News, I asked what GOP Senators ever purposefully attempted to destroy any nominee put up by a Democrat president?  Don't worry, I don't expect an answer as I have been asking this question for over a week now and no one has come up with an example.  Heck now there are allegations that a Democrat operative even started "Doxing" (never heard that word before yesterday) GOP Senators (even he deserves the presumption of innocence).  The Democrat Party as a whole, led by their leadership the venerable Charles Schumer (no president should be allowed to nominate a SCOTUS justice in an election year) and Nancy Pelosi (we have to pass the bill to find out what is in it), and the foul mouthed Tom Perez is sinking to new political lows. 

As to ignoring Dr. Ford, did you see the hearings last week?  Was she given her stage to air her story?  Since she decided to make this political (or maybe it was her Democrat handlers that made that decision) instead of filing a criminal complaint, this is all the Senate can do.  Nothing was ignored, the GOP brought in a seasoned prosecutor that has a great deal of experience prosecuting the very crime Dr. Ford was alleging and she found little credibility, they even gave her the option to do an interview in private (not sure why she didn't know that as it was all over the news the week before), the Senate requested and the President authorized another FBI background check delaying the process even more.  Heck, the GOPers in the Senate didn't even question her on her possible political motives (they did question the motives and tactics of the Democrats, but that is not the same thing).  I guess, as you have alluded, Dr. Ford must be telling the truth and she must be believed without question regardless of what it does to someone else's life.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

More muck from the bogus charter assassination on Kavanaugh

Friend of Christine Blasey Ford reportedly felt pressure to revisit statement on allegations

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/friend-of-christine-blasey-ford-reportedly-felt-pressure-to-revisit-statement-on-allegations

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

More muck from the bogus charter assassination on Kavanaugh

Friend of Christine Blasey Ford reportedly felt pressure to revisit statement on allegations

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/friend-of-christine-blasey-ford-reportedly-felt-pressure-to-revisit-statement-on-allegations

So a former FBI agent tried to prod a possible witness who claims she is not a witness?

Is Monica McLean friends with Strzok and Page?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!