WhatAWait!

affidavit of support form- I-134- K1 - Requirement?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

I am not familiar with the details of every Embassy. I can give you the instructions, then it's up to you to do the rest. Contact @A_R as they are processing from India and they have thread here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/

And

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

Can you please provide the link for USCIS where you create an account and pay? 

15 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Can you please provide the link for USCIS where you create an account and pay? 

If you're a k1 you don't pay at USCIS. Read the documentation links I gave. Every thing is there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Sorry, I’m a little confused as the example for the I-134 on this website says to fill in Part 3, question 26 “I have submitted a petition to the US citizenship and immigration services on behalf of the following persons” ..I leave that blank?

That has nothing to do with this K1 visa?

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/3/2018 at 11:01 AM, Amit&Julie said:

If I remember correctly what our attorney said, this question refers to people other than the K1 beneficiary whom the petitioner may have filed visa petitions for in the past.

This is not correct. 

6 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

Sorry, I’m a little confused as the example for the I-134 on this website says to fill in Part 3, question 26 “I have submitted a petition to the US citizenship and immigration services on behalf of the following persons” ..I leave that blank?

That has nothing to do with this K1 visa?

Fill your fiancé's information. this has a lot to do with k1 visa. that's your petition. (when a co-sponsor fills this it won't be necessary cause they are sponsoring but did not petition.)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/2/2018 at 8:51 PM, WhatAWait! said:

Thank you so much for the comment. Can you please help me what are they referring on the question 26 a of the affidavit of support form?

That's your fiancé's information(beneficiary - as you petition for him/her) and your filing date would be I-129f noa1 date. as that is the petition. 

Edited by Naes

Timeline

Question about Interview in Mumbai India. -- I have submitted the visa fee- when I logged on the ustravelsdocs- it shows the receipt number. However when I click on continue button- I get to " Schedule your OFC appointment. OFC appointments are available at other VAC locations - but it asks to select the location of your interview. Can I select a different location than that of my Interview location? I am unable to schedule interview prior to scheduling the OFC interview location. 

image.thumb.png.1a0acff6b62d04a0aa717c1e57b23f10.pngimage.thumb.png.f069ead0f15eeca97c8d16293a07b34f.png

5 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Question about Interview in Mumbai India. -- I have submitted the visa fee- when I logged on the ustravelsdocs- it shows the receipt number. However when I click on continue button- I get to " Schedule your OFC appointment. OFC appointments are available at other VAC locations - but it asks to select the location of your interview. Can I select a different location than that of my Interview location? I am unable to schedule interview prior to scheduling the OFC interview location. 

Here are two threads where others from your country are helping each other out. Some who are there have already completed their interview and received their visa. I bet they would be better equipped to answer this question.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/

And

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 10/6/2018 at 3:06 PM, Greenbaum said:

Here are two threads where others from your country are helping each other out. Some who are there have already completed their interview and received their visa. I bet they would be better equipped to answer this question.

And

Hello every one. I have been trying to schedule the appointment on the ustraveldocs site for the past three days. The first step is to get the OFC appointment. I have tried many different dates- each time I get the message that there are not appointment available- go back and select another date. After I make few more attempts the message is you have reached maximum allowed time to visit the calender please complete your transaction. I called the help desk and they said there are no dates available at this time for the interview. My NVC approval is good till 3rd of January 2019, I have tried scheduling appointment as far back as December 31st and I get the same message. Does any one has any insight as to who to contact?  Here is the screenshot:

image.thumb.png.1dc4401d4d1d302b1fd86517373aeac8.png

8 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Hello every one. I have been trying to schedule the appointment on the ustraveldocs site for the past three days. The first step is to get the OFC appointment. I have tried many different dates- each time I get the message that there are not appointment available- go back and select another date. After I make few more attempts the message is you have reached maximum allowed time to visit the calender please complete your transaction. I called the help desk and they said there are no dates available at this time for the interview. My NVC approval is good till 3rd of January 2019, I have tried scheduling appointment as far back as December 31st and I get the same message. Does any one has any insight as to who to contact?  Here is the screenshot:

image.thumb.png.1dc4401d4d1d302b1fd86517373aeac8.png

There just aren't any open interview slots for you take. Most Embassy's open their calendar one month at at time. So I recommend that you keep an eye open to when another month opens up or there is a cancellation. This normal for some Embassy's to have happen. Your case number is good for one year so you have time.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There just aren't any open interview slots for you take. Most Embassy's open their calendar one month at at time. So I recommend that you keep an eye open to when another month opens up or there is a cancellation. This normal for some Embassy's to have happen. Your case number is good for one year so you have time.

Thanks for the input. I have tried for all months this year- october, november and December- as far as December 31st at this time. No matter what month or date I chose, I see the same information.  The NOA2 notice is valid only till January 3rd 2019. How are you saying that the case is valid for one year? Also, if this is the case that the embassy opens every month, why am I not able to see the dates for any months three months out?

25 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thanks for the input. I have tried for all months this year- october, november and December- as far as December 31st at this time. No matter what month or date I chose, I see the same information.  The NOA2 notice is valid only till January 3rd 2019. How are you saying that the case is valid for one year? Also, if this is the case that the embassy opens every month, why am I not able to see the dates for any months three months out?

You can try and try but you will not get an interview date till one opens up either they open a month or someone cancels. You have one year in which to process your interview toward your visa. You are assigned a 4-month window in which you will schedule and complete your interview. Now, that 4-month window can be extended in increments of 4-months at a time BUT only with the approval of the Embassy. The Embassy has the sole discretion to grant an extension.

Why am I not able to see the dates for any months three months out?  Because the Embassy only opens up the dates with valid interview time slots. All those dates that are invalid at this time are greyed out until such time as they become available and they will then become "white" allowing you to schedule your appointment. 

Have you tried asking this question in the India sub-forum? I have given you the link but if you have not I suggest doing a little homework on your own. Link can be found at the top of the page, ---> "forums" then 3/4 of the page down you will see the listings for each area of the world.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

No we have not received any package-4 from the Embassy. I have been trying to book an appointment for the interview on the ustraveldocs site. For OFC it seems like there are plenty of availability but when you go to confirm it says currently no dates are available- push the back button to select a different dates. I have tried to book an appointment for as far away as December 31st- but nothing seem to be available. I contacted the ustraveldocs in India - They say there are no apt available and I need to keep checking from time to time to see if the embassy has released more slots. That is super frustrating. After paying the fee, I assumed they will atleast give me an option to chose a date no matter how far. Please let me know if you have booked yours yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/9/2018 at 9:37 PM, WhatAWait! said:

No we have not received any package-4 from the Embassy. I have been trying to book an appointment for the interview on the ustraveldocs site. For OFC it seems like there are plenty of availability but when you go to confirm it says currently no dates are available- push the back button to select a different dates. I have tried to book an appointment for as far away as December 31st- but nothing seem to be available. I contacted the ustraveldocs in India - They say there are no apt available and I need to keep checking from time to time to see if the embassy has released more slots. That is super frustrating. After paying the fee, I assumed they will atleast give me an option to chose a date no matter how far. Please let me know if you have booked yours yet?

Hi - this is my very 1st time commenting on anything, I have been following so many things for so long. Did anyone notice that things changed after this past weekend? I realize that tons of people are trying to book visa appts at only 5 locations but why does it say that there are OFC openings yet you can't choose any of them?  We were able to somehow book an appointment, with no help from their customer service (how on earth can they be getting the same issue we are, they have no helpdesk to go behind the scenes?) on Monday but only if I did it from the U.S. Now, however, it doesn't work at all (I know, because if you go on reschedule, you can try to choose a new date to see if anything earlier has been released and it won't cancel, just like the screenshots you showed). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, LoriandSwaroop said:

Hi - this is my very 1st time commenting on anything, I have been following so many things for so long. Did anyone notice that things changed after this past weekend? I realize that tons of people are trying to book visa appts at only 5 locations but why does it say that there are OFC openings yet you can't choose any of them?  We were able to somehow book an appointment, with no help from their customer service (how on earth can they be getting the same issue we are, they have no helpdesk to go behind the scenes?) on Monday but only if I did it from the U.S. Now, however, it doesn't work at all (I know, because if you go on reschedule, you can try to choose a new date to see if anything earlier has been released and it won't cancel, just like the screenshots you showed). 

Below, you can see what it looked like before last weekend - it showed the next available date on the lefthand side 

IMG_20181010_231254.jpg

Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 12:14 AM, LoriandSwaroop said:

Below, you can see what it looked like before last weekend - it showed the next available date on the lefthand side 

IMG_20181010_231254.jpg

Well you are right. I too saw that they displayed the available dates on the left side like your screen shot. I wanted to make sure I had my medical appt set before taking the interview date which was my mistake. Now no dates are available. I have called them many times but they only give you generic answer- keep trying and when dates are available it will be displayed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.