BlueDevil1442

Seeing Manila Embassy Contacting K-1's to Reschedule Interview

32 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Hopefully when they receive your petition you will get the email right away.  This is all new to the process.  We booked the interview as soon as we got out MNL number back in April.  We probably got lucky because the package was there.  I do recall booking a few weeks out so we were more confident that it made it.  

Thanks.  2nd Day of Medical is tomorrow, and am hoping it's showing as Ready before the embassy receives it.

x

Just now, Scott Br said:

Thanks.  2nd Day of Medical is tomorrow, and am hoping it's showing as Ready before the embassy receives it.

Perfect.  Hopefully tomorrow is a quick day there just to get shots and pick up the package!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 hours ago, edoginasia said:

or...reschedule after being told papers not ready..

then you need to reset MRV number(visa payment receipt)  which can take 1 to 3 weeks..it took 1 week for our K-1 and 3 weeks for our K-2

Best advice, make sure that items are at Embassy and ready to interview before making your appointment.  lesson learned..

The reset MRV number is only if you have to reschedule correct?

So now, there are only two "rock and roll" items after getting the MNL number which are DS-160 and payment of visa fee. Then, wait for "ready" to schedule embassy interview. Plus, schedule embassy interview at least 3-4 weeks out in order to get the email on embassy instructions.

34 minutes ago, BlueDevil1442 said:

So now, there are only two "rock and roll" items after getting the MNL number which are DS-160 and payment of visa fee. Then, wait for "ready" to schedule embassy interview. Plus, schedule embassy interview at least 3-4 weeks out in order to get the email on embassy instructions.

Looks like "Rock & Roll" is now easy listening AOR...relaxing, mellow ballads...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Looks like "Rock & Roll" is now easy listening AOR...relaxing, mellow ballads...

Little Smokey Robinson  ;)  :lol:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, BlueDevil1442 said:

Two rocks and a roll  ?   At least for a couple weeks  then it is little deuce coupe time.  :lol:  

I would think once CEAC status is READY there is no reason to schedule out weeks 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Little Smokey Robinson  ;)  :lol:  

Which will calm us down as we wait!  I was thinking Mel Torme (Velvet Fog) or Perry Como (coma)...LOL  Barry White will do too.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Which will calm us down as we wait!  I was thinking Mel Torme (Velvet Fog) or Perry Como (coma)...LOL  Barry White will do too.

OK ... you got it

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Scott Br said:

So my our petition was just sent in transit to embassy yesterday.  We have already scheduled the interview at the end of next week.  Are you saying that the chances of getting a notification to reschedule is high in this case?  If so, can we just reschedule for another day once the status changes to Ready in order to get around this issue?

Yup.  That is the word we are hearing over this past week.

If you have to reschedule you will have to get the MRV (visa payment receipt) reset so I have read.

For now I would do nothing with the interview date.   Check your CEAC status before your interview to make sure the status is READY.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If you have to reschedule you will have to get the MRV (visa payment receipt) reset so I have read.

Thanks Hank.  Quick question though.  If it does come to this, how do I reset the MRV?

x

Timeline
Just now, Scott Br said:

Thanks Hank.  Quick question though.  If it does come to this, how do I reset the MRV?

Call the embassy

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello can anyone send the copy here of the letter that we need to wait from NVC? Will I be receiving it? Or my fiancè only? Called NVC asked to send me the copy on my email about any update he said that they already forwarded our case to PH USEM and wait to contact me for the next instruction. Sorry. This is very confusing. Thanks

FB586418-9673-4429-A713-979299156517.jpeg

Timeline
18 minutes ago, LaPrincesa04 said:

Hello can anyone send the copy here of the letter that we need to wait from NVC? Will I be receiving it? Or my fiancè only? Called NVC asked to send me the copy on my email about any update he said that they already forwarded our case to PH USEM and wait to contact me for the next instruction. Sorry. This is very confusing. Thanks

FB586418-9673-4429-A713-979299156517.jpeg

You are K-1, you don't need a letter from NVC  (.    Print out a copy of that NVC page ... SLEC will be happy with that also.

How did you get your MNL# ?

Did you get your interview scheduled now that your status us READY ?     USEM & SLEC wants a copy of your interview confirmation

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.