BlueDevil1442

Seeing Manila Embassy Contacting K-1's to Reschedule Interview

32 posts in this topic

Just to let everyone know that I have been seeing just recently that the US Embassy Manila has been contacting K-1's by email if they have an interview scheduled before they get their packet of instruction. The embassy says in the email that they should reschedule for after they get their instructions. However, they don't say that you have to do it. This is a new thing I see happening just recently. Seen it in a few cases in my Facebook visa discussion group. Before, many people would attend their interview before even they get their packet as they know from sites like this, Facebook visa groups, others web pages and friends what to bring. In addition, the embassy provides a list on their website.

Edited by BlueDevil1442

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, BlueDevil1442 said:

Just to let everyone know that I have been seeing just recently that the US Embassy Manila has been contacting K-1's by email if they have an interview scheduled before they get their packet of instruction. The embassy says in the email that they should reschedule for after they get their instructions. However, they don't say that you have to do it. This is a new thing I see happening just recently. Seen it in a few cases in my Facebook visa discussion group. Before, many people would attend their interview before even they get their packet as they know from sites like this, Facebook visa groups, others web pages and friends what to bring. In addition, the embassy provides a list on their website.

There were two cases lately where I had heard the same thing ... embassy is cracking down.  ;)      Guess ROCK n ROLL time isn't going to happen so quickly in the future.  

I would think once a person sees ready status on CEAC they would be fine without waiting for an email/letter from the embassy.    Boy if they said we needed the eligibility letter before scheduling the interview back when they mailed them my wife would still be waiting for her interview.  :lol:  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

or...reschedule after being told papers not ready..

then you need to reset MRV number(visa payment receipt)  which can take 1 to 3 weeks..it took 1 week for our K-1 and 3 weeks for our K-2

Best advice, make sure that items are at Embassy and ready to interview before making your appointment.  lesson learned..

Timeline

Yes ... you are one of those .. the "first" to experience this new requirement.   And we all appreciate your postings ... very helpful.   Thanks

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, edoginasia said:

or...reschedule after being told papers not ready..

then you need to reset MRV number(visa payment receipt)  which can take 1 to 3 weeks..it took 1 week for our K-1 and 3 weeks for our K-2

Best advice, make sure that items are at Embassy and ready to interview before making your appointment.  lesson learned..

but the good news...Oct 2 we got our interview..and "APPROVED" 

3 minutes ago, edoginasia said:

Congratulations!!! Yes,  thank you for for helping spread new information.

13 hours ago, Hank_ said:

There were two cases lately where I had heard the same thing ... embassy is cracking down.  ;)      Guess ROCK n ROLL time isn't going to happen so quickly in the future.  

I would think once a person sees ready status on CEAC they would be fine without waiting for an email/letter from the embassy.    Boy if they said we needed the eligibility letter before scheduling the interview back when they mailed them my wife would still be waiting for her interview.  :lol:  

I can see them requiring that you wait until "Ready" to make the appointment. However, how do you know when to make the appointment if you do not know when you will receive the letter/email? That will be confusing.

Timeline
1 hour ago, edoginasia said:

Congrats!!  :joy:  

Now a short wait, the the CFO sticker and fly time!!  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
20 minutes ago, BlueDevil1442 said:

I can see them requiring that you wait until "Ready" to make the appointment. However, how do you know when to make the appointment if you do not know when you will receive the letter/email? That will be confusing.

Now that the "letter" is sent by email and not PhilPost I am sure more are receiving it.   Just the same, not everyone knows to check their SPAM filters for it.

I still think that watching CEAC status to change to READY (for interview) should be good enough.   

As for the Eligibility Letter itself, I have a copy of it available on my website ;)    It is a form letter so nothing exciting there.  Only potential snag would be if the embassy ever started requiring a copy of their email with the FROM and TO headers included .. I shouldn't give them ideas ;)  .

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Now that the "letter" is sent by email and not PhilPost I am sure more are receiving it.   Just the same, not everyone knows to check their SPAM filters for it.

I still think that watching CEAC status to change to READY (for interview) should be good enough.   

As for the Eligibility Letter itself, I have a copy of it available on my website ;)    It is a form letter so nothing exciting there, only potential snag would be if the embassy ever started requiring a copy of their email with the FROM and TO headers.

Or if they in the future require to bring the exact email/letter or if they bar code it.

Edited by BlueDevil1442

Timeline
14 minutes ago, BlueDevil1442 said:

Or if they in the future require to bring the exact email/letter or if they bar code it.

yes, that is what I was saying, if they required a copy of the actual email with the TO and FROM headers included.     Otherwise just waiting for READY status on CEAC should let a person know their case file is at the embassy and ready for their interview.    

I can understand the embassy getting annoyed at people scheduling interviews too soon.  It wastes a lot of time and appt openings having a person show up and there is no case file yet... so they get turned away.   

I  was telling people to schedule the interview 4-5 weeks out, but now I will tell them to watch CEAC status to show READY.   I do know of a few that really pushed the barrier .. and I am sure it is those that started the embassy thinking about a policy change.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

So my our petition was just sent in transit to embassy yesterday.  We have already scheduled the interview at the end of next week.  Are you saying that the chances of getting a notification to reschedule is high in this case?  If so, can we just reschedule for another day once the status changes to Ready in order to get around this issue?

x

16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Same here.  We still haven't received Packet 3!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, edoginasia said:

Congratulations!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scott Br said:

So my our petition was just sent in transit to embassy yesterday.  We have already scheduled the interview at the end of next week.  Are you saying that the chances of getting a notification to reschedule is high in this case?  If so, can we just reschedule for another day once the status changes to Ready in order to get around this issue?

Hopefully when they receive your petition you will get the email right away.  This is all new to the process.  We booked the interview as soon as we got out MNL number back in April.  We probably got lucky because the package was there.  I do recall booking a few weeks out so we were more confident that it made it.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.