Tilia

Having kids only means you have sex.

84 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Would it be fair if someone who did not have children or any interest in it, was your interviewing officer and showed bias? Would it be fiar if someone who has raised multiple children and considers its the main evidence, was your interviewing officer and showed bias? Would you welcome a scenario where there is a 50/50 chance one of those two situations occurs?

I highly doubt you do, and truly hope you undersand that USCIS officers are trained to follow the manuals in place and assess every part and the entire case they are given. As well the procedure is to evaluate the case as a whole with the evidence given to them, while ofcourse anyone being human can show bias this is not exactly a situation anyone on VJ should prefer. The fact that a couple officers told you that "oh children is a very strong from of evidence I consider", just hope they had a bad day at the office cause that is not exactly a very good answer by them. Previously when have seen on here a few chances where people have posted discussions with senoir USCIS staff they met randomly, the majority of the respones was similar to "no one peice of evidence breaks/makes a case, they evaluate everything in totality."

This process is not to show a family unit, how much two people love each other, how romantic you are, how intimate you are. While a few examples of stokes interviews, have shown pressure questions where an IO has asked about these things, intimacy as a example it is not the focus of memorandums or anything can find about USCIS procedures or bulk of interview experiences. The goal again is to judge if you have a "bonafided marriage" through honest respones and various evidence. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didnt read all 6 pages.

but by OPs logic, if Im raped and get pregnant, I'm in a bonafide relationship. Or if i had a one night stand and got pregnant, I'd be in a bonafide relationship. Or if im in a relationship and the dad ditches and never pays child support, i in a bonafide relationship.

the ability to conceive proves nothing but fertility and that you had sex.

and by the same logic, since paul and i CANT have kids, we are NOT in a bonafide relationship.

got it. 😕

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

^You miss the point having a child is excellent evidence of a bonifide relationship for some when the totality of a case is looked at. 

Not one piece of evidence makes a bonifide relationship its multi faceted look at the situation as a whole.  

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

I didnt read all 6 pages.

but by OPs logic, if Im raped and get pregnant, I'm in a bonafide relationship. Or if i had a one night stand and got pregnant, I'd be in a bonafide relationship. Or if im in a relationship and the dad ditches and never pays child support, i in a bonafide relationship.

the ability to conceive proves nothing but fertility and that you had sex.

and by the same logic, since paul and i CANT have kids, we are NOT in a bonafide relationship.

got it. 😕

You should read all 6 pages.. that’s not the point or the logic at all.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thread began like click bait.

The only people who place sentimental value on a couple's circumstances are petitioning couple.

The DOS/INS/USCIS staff  apply a cold criteria without  emotional concern.

Trump's order to separate kids & parents who cross over unlawfully shows having kids to bolster the merits of an otherwise weak case means nothing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It's a common opinion because it's so common for people to use pregnancies and babies as means to obtain a green card. "Anchor babies" became a known term for a reason. Having a child alone with someone, without much else evidence, probably isn't going to account for much. I think that's what people are getting at when they say babies don't help. Comingling with other sufficient pieces of evidence? Perhaps a different story. Evidence of living a life together as a couple AND as parents. It's also very possible to have a child with someone you are not in love with or have any intention of living a life with foregoing. My parents have two daughters together. But they've also been divorced for over 20 years and live two completely separate lives.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

The argument is so reductive. After all, being legally married only means you have a piece of paper technically. Although two people having a child isn't evidence of a happy marriage on it's own two people who've chosen to start a family as a progression of their relationship, or have found themselves in that situation and are making a go of it, is supporting evidence of a relationship. (Also, as a side note many same sex couples , couples with fertility issues and people who choose to foster or adopt have kids without intercourse - so technically having a kid does not necessarily mean you had sex)

I also just want to say, that I would expect a country's immigration process to weigh in favour of what will benefit citizens. In most cases the children of a US citizen are citizens, so if a family is petitioning to stay together I would hope immigration would try and have both parents remain with their smallest citizens wherever possible.

12/26/17 - NOA1

06/27/18 - NOA2 (+183 days)

07/11/18 - Case sent to NVC (+14 days)

07/18/18 - NVC Received (+7 days)

08/10/18 - NVC Case Number (+23 days)

09/06/18 - All Docs Submitted (+27 days)

09/19/18 - Case Complete at NVC (+13 days)

10/18/18 -  Interview appointment letter received (+29 days)

11/20/18 - Interview Date (+33 days) - APPROVED!

11/26/18 - Visa Received 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.