darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, BChance said:

Thanks Skyzee but where I live in Mexico, they don’t have titer tests. I grew up in Alberta and they only keep records from 1985 forward. I have those but not from 1960’s to 70’s. I’ve checked with Alberta Health and they have nothing. I will call Medisys once more today to calm my frayed nerves....

Shucks. Medisys was pretty flexible in allowing vaccinations to be done outside of Canada (had my flu shot done in the US and showed receipt from supermarket pharmacist which looked like a drug prescription fill out), but I realize the timing of administering MMR/Varicella may be worrisome. You're right, best to talk with Medisys. One of the more helpful folks to speak with during the process. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, skyzee said:

Shucks. Medisys was pretty flexible in allowing vaccinations to be done outside of Canada (had my flu shot done in the US and showed receipt from supermarket pharmacist which looked like a drug prescription fill out), but I realize the timing of administering MMR/Varicella may be worrisome. You're right, best to talk with Medisys. One of the more helpful folks to speak with during the process. 

After many phone calls, I have found a lab that will do my titers for Chicken Pox and MMR. Going on Thursday and will have results in 3 days after that. I’ll have to translate it but that’s easy, I can do that. Thank you for all your help. Only going to cost $25.00 and much piece of mind. Thank you all.

Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Alyssamac90 said:

Got my interview date!!!! January 11th at 7:30 a.m. , cc date sept 21st.

Could anyone who has an interview in December do me a huge favor and ask if they ever make a special exception to let someone pick up a passport instead of waiting in the mail? I have a trip overseas booked, and the last possible date I could get my passport is the 16th... which seems impossible if I had to wait for it in the mail, although I’m in Ottawa just two hours from Montreal so it wouldn’t need to go very far. 

My interview is on December 21 and I will be asking that question for myself, so I will let you know what they say.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Timeline
19 minutes ago, SKB2017 said:

My interview is on December 21 and I will be asking that question for myself, so I will let you know what they say.

Also, I am very interested. Good luck!! Look forward to your post.

I'm trying to pay the Immigrant Fee but I'm having trouble finding the following... Any ideas? They might be on my actual VISA I just don't have it on hand right now as I'm at work, but I was hoping to pay it. 

• A-Number (the letter “A” followed by 8 or 9 numbers);
  • DOS Case ID (3 letters followed by 9 or 10 numbers);

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

4 hours ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Just realized yours was today! How’s was it?

We got it WOOHOO!!! Over the moon right now. :dance:

Our appointment for the CR-1 was at 8am in Montreal. We arrived at approximately 7:30 and were 4th in line. The wait outside the building was not too long  (5-10 minutes). At the very front, there was a lady at the desk who asked to see our appointment letter and both our passports. They gave us a laminated card with instructions on what documents they want in which order. The restrictions on what you are allowed to bring into the consulate are very tight, so we ended up bringing basically nothing except for our coats, all of our documents and hotel room key.

We went through security and up a flight of stairs into a general waiting area. From there, we waited about 5-10 minutes. A security guard then ushered all of us into an elevator and up to an upper floor where there was a waiting area with many different numbered windows. People got called up one by one based on the number they give you on your laminated card.

The hardest part about the whole thing was the waiting time and anticipation. Once we actually got called up, it was extremely fast and efficient both times. First, you get called to one particular window and the intake officer requests all the documents on the laminated card in the exact same order. Then you sit down and do more waiting.

The second time we were called, they only wanted to see my husband (the Canadian). From what I heard from him, his conversation with the officer was also brief, pleasant and very efficient. She only asked for a couple extra documents (to prove my income and assets) and the actual interview questions were very brief and straightforward. She asked how we met, how long we've been together and what do I (the USC) do for work. Then she typed some things into the computer, reviewed the extra documents and gave us the "Welcome to the US" sheet. My husband said that the indication he got was that picking up his passport from the consulate was not an option, but in the heat of the stress he forgot to ask them directly (I'm so sorry!).

We were officially finished at around 9:30am. Overall, we were so surprised at how straightforward it was. It seemed almost like just a formality (maybe we got lucky with a good officer).

In case I missed some details you guys might be interested in, please feel free to ask us any other questions you have and I'll do my best to answer! :)

Edited by Loois

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Loois said:

Our appointment for the CR-1 was at 8am in Montreal. We arrived at approximately 7:30 and were 4th in line. The wait outside the building was not too long  (5-10 minutes). At the very front, there was a lady at the desk who asked to see our appointment letter and both our passports. They gave us a laminated card with instructions on what documents they want in which order. The restrictions on what you are allowed to bring into the consulate are very tight, so we ended up bringing basically nothing except for our coats, all of our documents and hotel room key.

We went through security and up a flight of stairs into a general waiting area. From there, we waited about 5-10 minutes. A security guard then ushered all of us into an elevator and up to an upper floor where there was a waiting area with many different numbered windows. People got called up one by one based on the number they give you on your laminated card.

The hardest part about the whole thing was the waiting time and anticipation. Once we actually got called up, it was extremely fast and efficient both times. First, you get called to one particular window and the intake officer requests all the documents on the laminated card in the exact same order. Then you sit down and do more waiting.

The second time we were called, they only wanted to see my husband (the Canadian). From what I heard from him, his conversation with the officer was also brief, pleasant and very efficient. She only asked for a couple extra documents (to prove my income and assets) and the actual interview questions were very brief and straightforward. She asked how we met, how long we've been together and what do I (the USC) do for work. Then she typed some things into the computer, reviewed the extra documents and gave us the "Welcome to the US" sheet. My husband said that the indication he got was that picking up his passport from the consulate was not an option, but in the heat of the stress he forgot to ask them directly (I'm so sorry!).

We were officially finished at around 9:30am. Overall, we were so surprised at how straightforward it was. It seemed almost like just a formality (maybe we got lucky with a good officer).

In case I missed some details you guys might be interested in, please feel free to ask us any other questions you have and I'll do my best to answer! :)

Congrats!! What kind of extra documents did they ask for? Like more than you already submitted or just copies of stuff you already submitted? Did you have up to date bank statements, up to date pay stubs etc.? Thanks

3 hours ago, BChance said:

Congrats!! What kind of extra documents did they ask for? Like more than you already submitted or just copies of stuff you already submitted? Did you have up to date bank statements, up to date pay stubs etc.? Thanks

When we were first called (i.e. at the initial intake officer stage), they asked for all the items based on the laminated sheet, which were originals of documents that we already submitted to the NVC (excluding the medical results). We submitted the following in this order:

1. my husband's passport

2. 2 Passport photos

3. original police check

4. unopened medical packet

5. original birth certificate

6. original marriage certificate

7. original I-864

When my husband was called up for the second time, the officer asked what I did as a job and he gave the officer a letter from my employer confirming my current salary and that my company intends to transfer me to a US office (the officer did not ask for this explicitly). The officer then asked for one of my recent pay stub. My husband struggled to find it within the massive binder of documents I gave him, so the officer suggested that we give her a joint sponsor documents or proof of assets instead. My husband gave her a print out of my online banking summary showing all my accounts and corresponding balances as of August (the same summary we submitted electronically to the NVC). She then gave him the "Welcome to the US" page. 

By the time he was called up the second time around, my husband got the sense that he was already on the brink of acceptance. The extra questions and documents seemed merely to check off some final boxes of theirs and the officer's demeanor was that of trying to help him succeed and process him as quickly as possible, rather than trying to throw him off/fail him.

10 hours ago, Loois said:

When we were first called (i.e. at the initial intake officer stage), they asked for all the items based on the laminated sheet, which were originals of documents that we already submitted to the NVC (excluding the medical results). We submitted the following in this order:

1. my husband's passport

2. 2 Passport photos

3. original police check

4. unopened medical packet

5. original birth certificate

6. original marriage certificate

7. original I-864

When my husband was called up for the second time, the officer asked what I did as a job and he gave the officer a letter from my employer confirming my current salary and that my company intends to transfer me to a US office (the officer did not ask for this explicitly). The officer then asked for one of my recent pay stub. My husband struggled to find it within the massive binder of documents I gave him, so the officer suggested that we give her a joint sponsor documents or proof of assets instead. My husband gave her a print out of my online banking summary showing all my accounts and corresponding balances as of August (the same summary we submitted electronically to the NVC). She then gave him the "Welcome to the US" page. 

By the time he was called up the second time around, my husband got the sense that he was already on the brink of acceptance. The extra questions and documents seemed merely to check off some final boxes of theirs and the officer's demeanor was that of trying to help him succeed and process him as quickly as possible, rather than trying to throw him off/fail him.

I forgot to add that he also gave the officer proper statements for my account with the largest balance for the month of July (happened to be attached to the one page print out summary of all of my accounts). Also there was one signed page included at the end of the statements stating my intent to domicile with my husband.

These were all documents we originally submitted to the NVC as supporting evidence to my I-864.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Loois said:

I forgot to add that he also gave the officer proper statements for my account with the largest balance for the month of July (happened to be attached to the one page print out summary of all of my accounts). Also there was one signed page included at the end of the statements stating my intent to domicile with my husband.

These were all documents we originally submitted to the NVC as supporting evidence to my I-864.

Thank you for all this!! It really helps calm the nerves. Basically they want to see stuff you already submitted to double check their records.... Congrats again and hope you get your passport back quickly. Did you pay for home delivery?

Timeline
15 hours ago, BChance said:

16 hours ago, Loois said:

Congrats!! And thanks so much for sharing all this info. Can I ask whereabouts your husband lives and what’s method of passport delivery he chose? Keep us updated as to when it arrives, please! :) thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.