darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2018 at 5:42 PM, tnn2018 said:

I'm an August!

August 23 CC.

My guess is that we saw fewer August CC because the CEAC website was down for a couple of weeks in July I think. Maybe that means I'll actually get a November interview! Since only like two weeks of CC got an interview in October I have been a little afraid.

Ya that’s a great point, the website was down..I forgot about that. 

Anyways for me:

CC august 6th 

On 10/1/2018 at 7:53 PM, Alyssamac90 said:

Does anyone know, based on research from this site, when interviews are usually scheduled for Montreal?  I know the past two months have been almost mid-month (I think last month was Sept 13th? ) . and that everyone seemed to get emails on the same date.  Just wondering if this is typical ?

So somewhere I read that Montreal gives out interviews at the end of the month. I called the NVC and they said that was correct. Yet after that call I saw many July filers get interviews throughout September, especially the first few weeks. So, despite reading that, and the NVC confirming that, interviews were still booked randomly...so who know!?!? 

The one thing that will be factored in, I’m guessing, is the American thanksgiving that the consulate probably closes down for. That part sucks as far as cutting into days that could be used for interviews.

Edited by MtnBoarder

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm another CR-1 with CC on Aug. 9th, eagerly waiting. I had a feeling (more like super hoped) we'd hear today since my CC was also on a Thursday at the beginning of the month. But really just hoping 😂 

Our goal was to beat the snow, since with the normal 50 days wait time we could have been gone by early/mid October. But seeing as Calgary got a foot of snow dumped on us 2 days ago (#######?!) wouldn't have mattered much anyway hahah.

Edited by Courtney86

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is anyone following another thread that has more updates regarding spousal visas and montreal interveiw? I just cant grasp why no one from. Aug cc had seen interview date yet!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

There have been various theories but none of us really know. I called NVC yesterday just to see if I could get any nuggets and the only tiny piece of info I got was that November interviews have been given out to some people. No idea who or how many or what visas or any of that. But it gave me a little hope that they are coming soon.  

Then the other thing I saw was this article. Not sure if it's relevant but there seems to be a lot of speed up/slow down happening across the board.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/u-s-citizens-applying-green-cards-noncitizen-spouses-see-growing-n912946

At the end of the day, we all know it's coming! Almost there. 

14 hours ago, Courtney86 said:

There have been various theories but none of us really know. I called NVC yesterday just to see if I could get any nuggets and the only tiny piece of info I got was that November interviews have been given out to some people. No idea who or how many or what visas or any of that. But it gave me a little hope that they are coming soon.  

Then the other thing I saw was this article. Not sure if it's relevant but there seems to be a lot of speed up/slow down happening across the board.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/u-s-citizens-applying-green-cards-noncitizen-spouses-see-growing-n912946

At the end of the day, we all know it's coming! Almost there. 

That article sums up the frustration and delay that it seems everyone is feeling. My main complaint, aside from the obvious, is that there is just no information that anyone has access too, AND is reliable, even from the NVC. I’ve personally been told information from them that turns out to be incorrect.

As for the timing, I believe my I-130 did take 7-8 months like the article says, so it’s spot on with that. And I’m at the 15 month point since we started the process, again that seems to be on track. 

Just cant wait to be done with this. Good article to share, normalizes everyone’s frustration! 

On 10/6/2018 at 12:36 AM, mumbles1416 said:

Is anyone following another thread that has more updates regarding spousal visas and montreal interveiw? I just cant grasp why no one from. Aug cc had seen interview date yet!

Ive tried to find as many threads as I can Mumbles, but unless there’s more out there, im done to about 2-3...and a few others in here as well are in the other ones. Im sure this one will get the updates just as fast as others. And I haven’t seen anything else posted so far today with regards to new appointments etc. 

I’m  hoping this week they give out some additional appointments for early to mid November. I actually haven’t seen one Montreal posting for November yet. 

1 hour ago, darth vader said:

They usually give out interview dates on second Friday of each month, so expect more interview dates this Friday!

So then I wonder if the 2nd Friday and the end of the month are the two big times to watch for? 

Have you picked up on the 2nd Friday thing by watching here Darth? Or how did you figure that one out? Just curious. 

21 minutes ago, MtnBoarder said:

So then I wonder if the 2nd Friday and the end of the month are the two big times to watch for? 

Have you picked up on the 2nd Friday thing by watching here Darth? Or how did you figure that one out? Just curious. 

My wife figured that out by noticing the interview assignment dates on the vj spreadsheet.

Edited by darth vader

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.