darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

Just finished putting together my binder of stuff for the interview. Can't help but feel I'm missing something. I took the photocopies of the required documents - is only 1 photocopy of each enough?

And should I bring photos and plane ticket stubs with me just incase or should I be alright?

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, arellah said:

Just finished putting together my binder of stuff for the interview. Can't help but feel I'm missing something. I took the photocopies of the required documents - is only 1 photocopy of each enough?

And should I bring photos and plane ticket stubs with me just incase or should I be alright?

I am making 2 photocopies of everything, just in case its needed there for whatever reason and if i need them at a later time for other steps in this process.  I am also going to bring all the other evidence like photos, plane tickets, etc.....  I'd rather have the stuff with me and not need it, rather than have them ask me for something and not have it and have another delay.  We've all been through the long wait times and I want to be as prepared as I can be.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Timeline
14 minutes ago, MC1 said:

I called NVC today to see if I might have gotten an interview date yet.  Nope.  I’ll let everyone know when I do.  Cc: Sept 6

Thanks for the update! Last month a few more people got interviews at the very end of the month. That could be still people who had their CC in the last week of August... but that’s only if there are people who had CC then! I don’t know how often they complete cases... I don’t think it’s every day cause it seems like there are some dates that multiple people got CC. It’s so hard to know since Im sure only a fraction of people who are going through this process are active on this site. 

Timeline

Hey everyone,

I just found out about another hiccup in the immigration process for those of us going to Montreal.

The consulate posted last week that they will not be mailing us back our passports until further notice because of the Canada Post strike. The website says: "Applicants should be prepared to collect their document in person or as instructed at the time of their interview. This will help ensure there are no delays in receiving your U.S. passport or U.S. visa." (Reference: https://ca.usembassy.gov/beginning-october-17-2018-no-document-deliveries-via-canada-post/)

This is good news I suppose, that our passports will not be stuck in limbo, and I am grateful that the Consulate is staying on top of it. I am, however, annoyed with Canada Post right now.

I also wish that this information had been included in my interview email which I waited for before booking my flights.

I already booked my return flight and obviously cannot cancel it or change it because I now don't know when I will need to fly back.

I wonder if they will start issuing them the same day or if we will have to wait until the next day to pick them up.

I just wanted to let you all know in case some of you are booking your flights still. Personally, I would only book one-way since we don't know yet when we will be able to pick them up.

Edited by tnn2018
Addition

Consulate - Montreal, Canada

• I-130 sent - 2018-01-10
  • I-130 NOA1 - 2018-01-17
  • I-130 approved - 2018-06-23
  • NVC received - 2018-07-16
  • Received AOS + IV Invoices - 2018-08-08
  • Paid IV fee - 2018-08-08
  • Paid AOS fee - 2018-08-08
  • All submitted to NVC - 2018-08-11
  • Case Complete - 2018-08-23
  • Interview - 2018-11-27 

15 minutes ago, tnn2018 said:

Hey everyone,

I just found out about another hiccup in the immigration process for those of us going to Montreal.

The consulate posted last week that they will not be mailing us back our passports until further notice because of the Canada Post strike. The website says: "Applicants should be prepared to collect their document in person or as instructed at the time of their interview. This will help ensure there are no delays in receiving your U.S. passport or U.S. visa." (Reference: https://ca.usembassy.gov/beginning-october-17-2018-no-document-deliveries-via-canada-post/)

This is good news I suppose, that our passports will not be stuck in limbo, and I am grateful that the Consulate is staying on top of it. I am, however, annoyed with Canada Post right now.

I also wish that this information had been included in my interview email which I waited for before booking my flights.

I already booked my return flight and obviously cannot cancel it or change it because I now don't know when I will need to fly back.

I wonder if they will start issuing them the same day or if we will have to wait until the next day to pick them up.

I just wanted to let you all know in case some of you are booking your flights still. Personally, I would only book one-way since we don't know yet when we will be able to pick them up.

Thanks for the information! Unfortunately I have already booked my return flight, and am expected back at work the next day so hopefully either the Canada Post issue gets fixed soon or we can pick them up same day (doesn't seem super likely)

Yay, more stress! :(

Timeline
11 minutes ago, tnn2018 said:

Hey everyone,

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/approval-denial/

This seems to imply that a different shipping company (DHL/loomis) will send our passports back but I’m not totally sure!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good to know, thank you for letting us know! We are flying standby from Montreal back to Calgary so we have some flexibility to wait, but only for an extra day or two.

Would be awesome if some of the earlier interviewers (ours is Nov. 13th) let us know what options they are given. 

Also kind of random question, but are any of you guys going to be immigrating with pets?

I've been trying all day to get more info on bringing my small dog with me on the plane ride to California (hoping of course, all goes well at the interview!) and I think he might be JUST an inch too tall to fit... But I'm not sure. I keep reading contradicting reviews of bringing your pet via Air Canada or WestJet. Other option would be shipping him via Cargo but I worry about him getting stressed and stuff. :(

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/approval-denial/

This seems to imply that a different shipping company (DHL/loomis) will send our passports back but I’m not totally sure!

I'm pretty sure they courier them to Canada Post offices. So maybe we just need to request them to go to an address instead?

Consulate - Montreal, Canada

• I-130 sent - 2018-01-10
  • I-130 NOA1 - 2018-01-17
  • I-130 approved - 2018-06-23
  • NVC received - 2018-07-16
  • Received AOS + IV Invoices - 2018-08-08
  • Paid IV fee - 2018-08-08
  • Paid AOS fee - 2018-08-08
  • All submitted to NVC - 2018-08-11
  • Case Complete - 2018-08-23
  • Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline

Yay, more confusion. 🙌

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Timeline
3 hours ago, tnn2018 said:

Hey everyone,

I am sure they will have the strike sorted out by your November interview. Canada Post is an important service and I don't see the bargaining stretching out that long... otherwise many, many other important functions will be affected (beyond visa delivery) and there will be a lot of pressure on the parties to settle. October interviewees might be affected... November people: In my humble opinion, I wouldn't worry too much!

Edited by KN2018

On 10/18/2018 at 3:17 PM, Katstar said:

I’m going to Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas (visa doctor website) namely because of location.  I was able to get my appointment set up easily and they have been able to fit me in on Monday (so less than a week from when I contacted them).

Hay katstar,

how did did the appointment go today? Mine is Wednesday. Any problems issues or tips? 

Just curious to to know what to expect

6 minutes ago, MtnBoarder said:

Hay katstar,

how did did the appointment go today? Mine is Wednesday. Any problems issues or tips? 

Just curious to to know what to expect

Hi! The appointment went well - it was super quick with the doctor.  I showed up about 30 minutes early, filled out a form and gave the nurse my passport and paperwork (vaccine record from their website and also a copy of my titers report and visa appointment email).  They only needed one passport photo.  Waited, they took me on time and I was out of there 20 mins later.  Went to the clinic in basement for chest x-ray and across the street to the lab for blood and urine tests.  Including courier fee, cost was about $400 😞

He also gave me a copy of the electronic filing that I need to take to Montreal, in addition to the sealed envelope that they will courier.  All in all, about an hour of my time spent on it, so not too bad!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Timeline

I am currently putting together the packet for my husband to take to his interview (Nov. 6) and the first thing it says is to bring a copy of your NVC interview letter. Is that just the email? or do they send us some fancy one in the mail?

Andddd regarding birth certificates, do I need to include mine? I am the petitioner but I don't think I have showed them that at all, just my passport.  And if I did it was just a photocopy

Also my husband is going to the doctor in Surrey, BC tomorrow. I will post how it went after!

Edited by Hill.ary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.