annamariya2000

i129f questions (merged topics)

24 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Jenna Ting said:

It should be in English as the USCIS asks for. And they might email epackage 3 to him when your petition is transiting to the USA consulate in Ukraine .Make sure to call the NVC telling them his email address  when you get your case status "approved ".So he won't miss this epackage 3. Also he'll need to fill out DS160 later when your case status is" in transit ", he can put his information on it including his mailing and email addresses and before he gets the visa payment fee printed out, he needs to fill in what address he wants them mail the passport or the other package. 

Okay makes sense. So after petition is approved, will there be number in the directions so I am able to call NVC and notify them? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
49 minutes ago, annamariya2000 said:

Okay makes sense. So after petition is approved, will there be number in the directions so I am able to call NVC and notify them?

49 minutes ago, annamariya2000 said:

(607)-3340700, two weeks after you get  case approved from USCIS ,you can try to call NVC(it might take about 1 month from USCIS to NVC ) then get your case number (here we use it for the medical exam ),add his email address to NVC before they send out the package to his country.  But if you can't get ahold of anyone, wait till it gets "in transit " ,your applicant can email the USA consulate in his country then ask them to add his email address to their system,it's convenient for  them to email him epackage 3 or he needs to wait their letter 

Filed: Other Timeline
13 hours ago, annamariya2000 said:

The i129f asks for a 2x2 passport photo for petitioner and beneficiary. My beneficiary is in Europe and Europe's standard for passport photos isn't 2x2. I had my fiance send me his passport photo digitally where I then formatted it onto a white background on my phone and guessed the size. I printed it out as a regular 4x6 photo, glossy and will be cutting it out to 2x2 inches. Will this work? What does everybody else do? Should I also include a European physical copy of his European passport photo with the one I modified myself? 

My fiance went to get his picture taken and asked them to give him a digital copy of it on US passport format (2x2) and they provided it for him. So he gave me the digital copy and I printed it out at Wal-Mart. Dunno if that helps.

Edited by cduran

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

18 hours ago, annamariya2000 said:

The i129f asks for a 2x2 passport photo for petitioner and beneficiary. My beneficiary is in Europe and Europe's standard for passport photos isn't 2x2. I had my fiance send me his passport photo digitally where I then formatted it onto a white background on my phone and guessed the size. I printed it out as a regular 4x6 photo, glossy and will be cutting it out to 2x2 inches. Will this work? What does everybody else do? Should I also include a European physical copy of his European passport photo with the one I modified myself? 

In my experience, almost all passport photo places can definitely produce passport pictures by American standards (5cmx5cm), you just let them know it's for an American visa and they will know what to do 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 10/1/2018 at 12:57 AM, Naes said:

I had to write a Japanese address in Turkish.

See @pushbrk's post below:

On 9/30/2018 at 5:56 PM, pushbrk said:

Alphabet and language are not synonyms.  Alphabets are Roman, Chinese, Cyrillic, Arab, Sanskrit, etc. not Italian, Russian, English, Hindi, etc.

The Abc's are the "Roman Alphabet" regardless of "language".

Since you're from Turkey, your alphabet is Roman. For Item Number 50.a., "N/A" was appropriate.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, TM92 said:

See @pushbrk's post below:

Since you're from Turkey, your alphabet is Roman. For Item Number 50.a., "N/A" was appropriate.

It is based on Latin alphabet yes.

however at this question I believe the problem is not about finding the tricky part.

if both Turkish and Japanese were based on Roman it wouldn’t matter. But as I cannot write Japanese alphabet which was needed for the address, and expect them to actually deliver my mail to me with a N/A would be ridiculous, I believe the only option left to me was writing in Turkish. Why am I repeatedly saying Turkish? Because of the pronunciation rules and having quite some extra letters anything translated to Turkish alphabet may not sounds as you’d guess. 

I am approved already so I see no problem with the advice given, and no necessity for a lesson which alphabet my language is using.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Naes said:

however at this question I believe the problem is not about finding the tricky part.

if both Turkish and Japanese were based on Roman it wouldn’t matter. But as I cannot write Japanese alphabet which was needed for the address, and expect them to actually deliver my mail to me with a N/A would be ridiculous, I believe the only option left to me was writing in Turkish. Why am I repeatedly saying Turkish? Because of the pronunciation rules and having quite some extra letters anything translated to Turkish alphabet may not sounds as you’d guess.

The purpose of Item Numbers 50.a. - 50.f. is not for a mailing address; it explicitly asks to "provide his or her name and physical address abroad in the native alphabet." The form is poorly* designed regarding this section; it assumes most beneficiaries physically reside in a country that uses his/her native alphabet. When their assumption is correct, they can use the address written with the non-Roman alphabet to run thorough background checks, etc.

*Poorly as in, it does not cover all scenarios.

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, TM92 said:

The purpose of Item Numbers 50.a. - 50.f. is not for a mailing address; it explicitly asks to "provide his or her name and physical address abroad in the native alphabet." The form is poorly designed regarding this section; it assumes most beneficiaries physically reside in a country that uses his/her native alphabet. When their assumption is correct, they can use the address written with the non-Roman alphabet to run thorough background checks, etc.

The form is awfully designed yes, it should probably say “local language” 

however It was not a N/A question for me as I did have an address and a native alphabet that would change the address drastically (which again was ridiculous) I had to put my name in my native alphabet too, because although we do use Latin alphabet my name also changes in Turkish alphabet even on my passport. Believe me I know cause no one can read my name, just because of one simple letter difference.

Hence I don’t see the point of N/A

but I see the stupidity of the question and sent them additional page to add the address in local language. Which I believe serves the purpose of advice in this question.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The last few answers have gone completely out of the context of the OP's original question.  If the current address is in Turkey, but the beneficiary is Japanese, then only the NAME(S) in Japanese go in that section.  The rest is not applicable because the current address is in a country that uses the Roman Alphabet.  There is no reason ANYTHING is typed in that particular section of address fields using Roman alphabet.  Pseudo exceptions might be Vietnamese or similar addresses that use special characters.  You might even use it for Spanish or German if special marks are needed, but that would not be necessary.

There are other places on these forms to write Chinese, or Russian etc. addresses IN ENGLISH.  Note that many addresses writen in English do not conform to US format, of 123, Main Street, City, State, Zip Code, Country.

Mine in the Philippines would need to use the In Care Of space to start typing "Red Gate, fronting XYZ  Store", street, District/Barangay, City, Province, Country.  So, I would need to use all fields including adding the Barangay Name ahead of the City in the City field.  NONE of those OTHER address sections have ANYTHING to do with the native alphabet name and address block.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.