Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
14 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

1. How do I update my email address with NVC  Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy.

@Greenbaum what could be the modest question to fill in the box? Will asking about the case number be enough? Do we need to wait for 15days to email the NVC?

4 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

@Greenbaum what could be the modest question to fill in the box? Will asking about the case number be enough? Do we need to wait for 15days to email the NVC?

?1 What Question what box. I don't have access so a picture is worth a 10pp words. Screenshot please.

?2 yes

?3 no

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 9/30/2018 at 8:37 PM, Greenbaum said:

I created this thread for those who are waiting for their NOA2 K-1 and the case assignment from NVC.

These are items that everyone ask for so I thought I just post them here for you to refer to when it's necessary.

1. How do I update my email address with NVC  Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy.

2. Checking on your embassy case number from NVC:

It will take 7 - 10 business days for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in there system and produce your case number.  Call 7:00 am eastern time for shorter wait times.

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead after they receive your case.)

Best time to call:

Right after they open which is around 7:00am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. Most have had luck getting the phone answered after the first ring if they called right at 7am.

3. How long to assign a Case # from NOA2

Currently it's been taking about 2 weeks for USCIS to send the file to NVC. Then it's been taking about 2-3 weeks for NVC to assign the case number. Then it's taking another 2-3 week depending on the Embassy to receive your case. Your mileage may vary!

4. Follow Similar VJ members timelines.  Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture there is a link for your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture  you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

5. Follow similar VJ members timelines from other countries. And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours there are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

I hope these tips help you along your Journey. So lets share our experiences, our tips and ask questions.

Hi greenbaum, you have always been helpful, maybe in about 30 days you can post a May instructional for May K1’s.....getting the case number, when to do the ds160, what you need or has to happen to schedule the medical and ultimately the interview, thanks!

I’ll look around for next steps to put in the May I 129F filers thread, thanks!

2 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

03A28B90-EF40-4424-9CF3-28EAE016F243.jpeg.0770ac111920eaa2e1f004dea6775435.jpegthere in the “type your question below”

Just ask that both of you have your email address's updated to petitioner and beneficiary in that box.  It doesn't have to be a question.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, all! I'm joining the October NOA2 thread! Wooo! 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi everyone! Joining here as well and congrats to all the approvals :) 

Sent I-129F: March 13, 2018

NOA 1: March 15, 2018

NOA 2: October 3, 2018

Case Arrived at NVC: October 19, 2018

Case Number Received: October 22, 2018 

NVC Shipped Case to Embassy: October 30, 2018

Case Arrived at Embassy: November 2, 2018

Medical Exam: November 19, 2018

Interview: December 7, 2018

Interview Results: Approved! 

Visa Received: January 2, 2019

Point of Entry to US: January 15, 2019 

Married: March 11th, 2019

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131: April 30, 2019 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.