JVG

Notification when NVC sends petition to embassy

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have been tracking our petition with the NVC after receiving our case number which was September 17th. However, we have not received any

notification that the petition has been sent to the embassy. I have also called the NVC numerous times and I have been checking it on line.

We are concerned that something is wrong. Any advice would greatly be appreciated 

Thank you so much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JVG said:

We have been tracking our petition with the NVC after receiving our case number which was September 17th. However, we have not received any

notification that the petition has been sent to the embassy. I have also called the NVC numerous times and I have been checking it on line.

We are concerned that something is wrong. Any advice would greatly be appreciated 

Thank you so much

NVC will send you a hard copy letter of the case number. They don't give any notifications. You can check it's status on the CEAC site, that's about it really.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

NVC will send you a hard copy letter of the case number. They don't give any notifications. You can check it's status on the CEAC site, that's about it really.

We have everything ready to go with the visa. Can we proceed and pay the fee's or do we have to wait to hear if it has reached the embassy?

Thank you

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JVG said:

We have everything ready to go with the visa. Can we proceed and pay the fee's or do we have to wait to hear if it has reached the embassy?

Thank you

We just went with the CEAC status of "Ready for interview". The embassy in Manila does not send out anything to the beneficiary so you're on your own essentially.

Only think that was asked for from us was a copy of the NVC case letter to do the medical. Can proceed though with CFO.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Actually they send an e-mail. And some people got both hard copy and the email. My hard copy came after I had my visa on hand.

to OP: what’s your ceac status?

They usually send the email either when it gets “in transit” or when it gets “ready” and reach to embassy.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Actually they send an e-mail. And some people got both hard copy and the email. My hard copy came after I had my visa on hand.

They usually send the email either when it gets “in transit” or when it gets “ready” and reach to embassy.

Ah I never received the email or any notification. Darn NVC.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

Ah I never received the email or any notification. Darn NVC.

I laughed for a good 30 minutes when I had a hard copy the day I got my passport back.

This email thing can be something recent though. Maybe started with the new digitalization.

i think most people who don’t get it realize if they pursue that NVC emailed it to the wrong address... which is ridiculous.. 

Timeline

haha!

But as for Philippines, once you have the NVC case number you can schedule medical and CFO and all so.

Also make sure to obtain CENOMAR and NBI clearance and other appropriate documents. New birth ceritficate copies (recommend 2-3 honestly) new passport photos, ect.

Once CEAC says "ready for interview" set the interview itself with the embassy.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Naes said:

Says it is at the NVC

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

haha!

But as for Philippines, once you have the NVC case number you can schedule medical and CFO and all so.

Also make sure to obtain CENOMAR and NBI clearance and other appropriate documents. New birth ceritficate copies (recommend 2-3 honestly) new passport photos, ect.

Once CEAC says "ready for interview" set the interview itself with the embassy.

Do we pay the visa before sending in the DS-160?

Sorry for all the questions....

Timeline

A couple of more questions. Sorry! Do we pay the visa petition fee before sending the DS-160 and also when do we pay for

the medical?
My beneficiary lives in the Philippines

Thank you

Hi, my application was approved in the uscis but my status in the uscis website still shows as "case received" even if my wife called 2 different times and 2 different ladies told her i was already approved. my questions are:

1. Will they w8 till my case shows up as "approved" to send it to the NVC? or they could send it before my case status in th website is updated?

2. how much time  ) it could take till the nvc receives my case? i am in texas uscis.

3. How much time till i get a case number. 

4. how much time till i am done with nvc whole process. ?

I would like the times for 2018 thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, JVG said:

Thank you so much

Come join September noa2-nvc sub forum...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.