Salma Daniyal

Need Help/Tourist Visa/k1

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Friends. 

I need your help if you don't mind 

My fiance is us citizen. We know each other since 2015 and we got engaged last September n he just left again two weeks ago. 

What I would like to know please:

If I apply for visa tourist to go and visit him, is that OK or risk? Because we are planify to send our package after

Second thing, is it correct that K1 get denied for Moroccan people? 😢

Thanks in advanced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I will advise you and your fiance to do the k1 petition. I had a similar situation like you 2 years ago,i was engaged to my then fiance and she was pregnant with our son,i went for a tourist visa so i could be present at the birth of our child since he is our first,yet the US embassy rejected my petition for B1 visa with a paper stating section 214B (if i'm not mistaken) so my then fiance called the consulate that same day and they asked me to reapply and come for another interview, note that my first denial was in september 2016, so i had my second interview booked for october 2016 and i paid another $160 because B1 visa can't be appealed,on arrival for my interview,the Visa officer asked a few questions and simply told me that the simple fact that she is my fiance or girlfriend, disqualifies me from getting a tourist visa and that even if i had to try 10 times, the next visa officers will still end up giving me rejections.So my advise to you guys is,stick to your initial plan,be patient and let him file for you it will save you the hasle of wasting your time and money trying to get a B1/B2 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Few K1s are approved through Morocco.  Sometimes there may be 8 or 10 other months there are zero approved. 

If you and your fiance have had a lot of time spent together, same ages, same religion you may get lucky and have an approved k1 but the Cr1 spousal visa is, in general, a much better Visa and the waiting time is not much longer. 

Are you ok with none of your family being at your wedding? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

Few K1s are approved through Morocco.  Sometimes there may be 8 or 10 other months there are zero approved. 

If you and your fiance have had a lot of time spent together, same ages, same religion you may get lucky and have an approved k1 but the Cr1 spousal visa is, in general, a much better Visa and the waiting time is not much longer. 

Are you ok with none of your family being at your wedding? 

I have some of my family there who they can be with me there 😊

We have same religion. He came to Morocco last September 2017 and this September again

I ve 33years old n he has 45

If I ask for cr1 like I should till next time when he come n we get married here and ask for cr1 so like we waste time 😢😢😢

Just now, Salma Daniyal said:

Hello Friends. 

I need your help if you don't mind 

My fiance is us citizen. We know each other since 2015 and we got engaged last September n he just left again two weeks ago. 

What I would like to know please:

If I apply for visa tourist to go and visit him, is that OK or risk? Because we are planify to send our package after

Second thing, is it correct that K1 get denied for Moroccan people? 😢

Thanks in advanced

CR1 visa in your case would stand a better chance of being approved. It is better to wait a little longer for your visa if it means an approval. Most likely the visitors visa will be denied.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
25 minutes ago, mrniceguy88 said:

I will advise you and your fiance to do the k1 petition. I had a similar situation like you 2 years ago,i was engaged to my then fiance and she was pregnant with our son,i went for a tourist visa so i could be present at the birth of our child since he is our first,yet the US embassy rejected my petition for B1 visa with a paper stating section 214B (if i'm not mistaken) so my then fiance called the consulate that same day and they asked me to reapply and come for another interview, note that my first denial was in september 2016, so i had my second interview booked for october 2016 and i paid another $160 because B1 visa can't be appealed,on arrival for my interview,the Visa officer asked a few questions and simply told me that the simple fact that she is my fiance or girlfriend, disqualifies me from getting a tourist visa and that even if i had to try 10 times, the next visa officers will still end up giving me rejections.So my advise to you guys is,stick to your initial plan,be patient and let him file for you it will save you the hasle of wasting your time and money trying to get a B1/B2 visa

Sorry no

you  will not  get a tourist visa from Morocco when you have a US finance

he should visit again and do the marriage visa for many reasons

K1's in Morocco are rarely approved  

8 in july / 3% approval rate

none in August /0% approval rate

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

check this site for NIV (K1 visas will be list)

check the approvals for months i listed on this list or any other 2017 and 2018

these days the embassy is asking "why did u not get married in Morocco?"

as this is very important to the Morroccan family

you have known each other long and did not marry on the 1st visit so your chances of CR1 approval are increased even though Morocco is a hard embassy

it is harder on young men, big age difference and religious differences 

you don't seem to have those issues

K1 is now taking almost as long as CR1 

CR1 is cheaper in the long run as the AOS after marriage in the US is $1225

most of us who have been sucessful will advise u to go the CR1 route

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ohhhh sorry i didn't know about this, my petition was from Europe, maybe Salma will be lucky then if she tries a B1/B2 visa from Morocco, goodluck.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, mrniceguy88 said:

Ohhhh sorry i didn't know about this, my petition was from Europe, maybe Salma will be lucky then if she tries a B1/B2 visa from Morocco, goodluck.

she will not be lucky and get a  tourist visa 

waste of money

if any young Moroccan  to get a tourist visa ,  they will ask at POE "who do u visit ? and u must say finance " as they assume u will marry and AOS to stay

you can not lie and say anything else

they will turn u around 

it will show on K1 or CR1 that u were denied entry

don't even think to try tourist visa

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

she will not be lucky and get a  tourist visa 

waste of money

if any young Moroccan  to get a tourist visa ,  they will ask at POE "who do u visit ? and u must say finance " as they assume u will marry and AOS to stay

you can not lie and say anything else

they will turn u around 

it will show on K1 or CR1 that u were denied entry

don't even think to try tourist visa

I can say in the interview am going to see my fiance, as simple as that hhhh

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Salma Daniyal said:

I can say in the interview am going to see my fiance, as simple as that hhhh

yeah

you have to say that

but u will be denied

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline

ok  u seem to think this is funny y your emoji but the embassy and those of us who have gone thru this don't

Timeline
Just now, adil-rafa said:

ok  u seem to think this is funny y your emoji but the embassy and those of us who have gone thru this don't

No it s not funny at all 

And I m really feeling stressed, I dunno why us complicate everything 

Anyway thx for your informations, so Kind from u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your situation is very different to the normal cases on here so not sure the norm for this Consulate applies.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.