dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2018

712 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, qianl said:

My lawyer came highly recommended:(! She works alone, no assistants, and in fact I sent her the same information I posted on here with the “no submit” stuff and asked her why it looked like that..all she told me was that she uploaded it and it should be fine. I understand she must be doing a lot working alone but lawyers are not cheap..i expect to get what i pay for. Honestly i am just so sad lately and husband and i have been fighting due to tension and separation of almost a year of not seeing each other..but 3 years total of being apart..which is nothing compared to most people..but its taking a toll now

I know that feeling - but don't let it get in between you and your husband - we are all so close to the end!  

I always double check my lawyer and I'm sure I drive them crazy but honestly I don't care  - it's just a job for them, one of many applications, but for us it's our lives!  It annoys me so much that we could have had a case complete last Friday if they had submitted the passport correctly!  Hopefully the revised documents don't take too long to review again.

1 hour ago, qianl said:

My lawyer came highly recommended:(! She works alone, no assistants, and in fact I sent her the same information I posted on here with the “no submit” stuff and asked her why it looked like that..all she told me was that she uploaded it and it should be fine. I understand she must be doing a lot working alone but lawyers are not cheap..i expect to get what i pay for. Honestly i am just so sad lately and husband and i have been fighting due to tension and separation of almost a year of not seeing each other..but 3 years total of being apart..which is nothing compared to most people..but its taking a toll now

Wow! This is why its good to be a part of a community like this. We help each other out

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mrs Prestige said:

Happy new month to u too

Third month here. I just cant wait until this is all over and my husband and i can be together.

4 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

I gotta say, I respect each and everyone of you who has to be seperated in distamce from their partner...most of you for a really long time! 

You guys are awesome and not too much longer and you will be able to be together again! 

Thank you so much for those understanding words. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

Third month here. I just cant wait until this is all over and my husband and i can be together.

Thank you so much for those understanding words. 

You are almost there.  I pray u get ur cc and interview date soon.

I have a question, my wife called the uscis like 3 days ago. They told her i got approved   (i130 spouse) that same day and that we should get a letter about that, but in the uscis website stills says "case was received" . She called 2 days ago and they told her the uscis has like a 90 days limit day to send the documents to the nvc. So my question is... how much time it usually takes to send the documents, the nvc to receive it, the nvc to give you a case number, and the moment till the nvc gives you your appointment in the us embassy. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, DiegoRlz said:

I have a question, my wife called the uscis like 3 days ago. They told her i got approved   (i130 spouse) that same day and that we should get a letter about that, but in the uscis website stills says "case was received" . She called 2 days ago and they told her the uscis has like a 90 days limit day to send the documents to the nvc. So my question is... how much time it usually takes to send the documents, the nvc to receive it, the nvc to give you a case number, and the moment till the nvc gives you your appointment in the us embassy. Thanks

Presently,from the date to approval to date of interview at the US embassy can take anywhere from 5months to 11months depending on the consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
3 hours ago, DiegoRlz said:

It varies! For me it only took 3 months from I130 approval to interview date

for my friend it took around 6 months!

it depends a lot on the embassy you‘re dealing with 

23 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

It varies! For me it only took 3 months from I130 approval to interview date

for my friend it took around 6 months!

it depends a lot on the embassy you‘re dealing with 

hi, i know you are from austria. would you mind telling me what country your friend was?- and what year did you guys applied? thanks in advance

Edited by DiegoRlz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DiegoRlz said:

hi, i know you are from austria. would you mind telling me what country your friend was?

She‘s from germany!

EDIT: she applied last year in summer and I applied last year in december

Edited by mrmvkjts

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.