jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NikkiMarie said:

I don't really know where else to ask this question...so I'll try here and hope it doesn't get removed. I got a Maryland drivers license on 09/15/18 and it expires the same day as my I-94 expires (October 27) Are they going to renew it if I go back??? Will they have a way to see that I am in the process of applying for AOS, or do I just not have a Maryland drivers license after Oct 27? I tried searching this topic online in general, and can't come up with any concrete answers. The only reason I even got the Maryland Drivers License is I wanted to purchase a new car, and I needed a Maryland DL to test drive, and put the vehicle in my name.

It depends on the state and the knowledgeability of the DMV agent. 

Most states will only honor issuing a license while you have legal status...ie. before your I94 expires and after you receive your combo card. Inbetween is a grey area. I have heard some ppl have been extremely lucky and were able to renew with the NOA1 copy of their AOS to prove they are adjusting status. Pretty sure that they shouldnt have been able to renew though.

6 hours ago, Naes said:

yes it is necessary to add the biometrics fee. You can find it in the Isis website filing fees.

Good morning @Naes!So I did a mistake and probably will have a RFE for this or should I pay for all?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, NjK said:

Good morning @Naes!So I did a mistake and probably will have a RFE for this or should I pay for all?

The $1225 includes biometrics fee. I wasn't sure I did the right thing, but I did. How much did you send? 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

1 minute ago, NikkiMarie said:

The $1225 includes biometrics fee. I wasn't sure I did the right thing, but I did. How much did you send? 

1,140$ send by check.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, NjK said:

1,140$ send by check.

They won't accept the packet
They will send it back to your for incorrect fee

$1,140 is the application fee

$85 is biomterics

$1,225 is the sum of both.

You MUST include the biometrics fee when you apply.

So just prepare another check with the proper amount and wait for your packet- then resend it.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NjK said:

1,140$ send by check.

They will most likely just send your packet back, so you have to resend all over again with correct fee.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

7 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

They won't accept the packet
They will send it back to your for incorrect fee

$1,140 is the application fee

$85 is biomterics

$1,225 is the sum of both.

You MUST include the biometrics fee when you apply.

So just prepare another check with the proper amount and wait for your packet- then resend it.

Good luck!

I understand. Thank you very much for your response, to tell you the truth I was worried about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, NikkiMarie said:

I'm currently waiting on my name change for SSN too! It says in SAVE that they sent the case back to SSN office, so I'm hoping it arrives soon. 

I just got mine back on Tuesday, so hopefully soon!

4 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

I just got mine back on Tuesday, so hopefully soon!

Mine took 21 days from the date SAVE caseCheck stated it was sent back to the SSA after manual check.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Mine took 21 days from the date SAVE caseCheck stated it was sent back to the SSA after manual check.

To get the card, or for name change? My original request took 21 days in total. I applied for SSN name change 9 days ago, and still waiting. I think @Hemzi meant she got her name change SSN back on Tuesday. 

Edited by NikkiMarie

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

9 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

To get the card, or for name change? My original request took 21 days in total. I applied for SSN name change 9 days ago, and still waiting. I think @Hemzi meant she got her name change SSN back on Tuesday. 

My original. After manual verification. I would imagine the name change would be the same if not quicker.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
48 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Wow so fast! I am literally worried because when I went there, they took copies of my papers because the system “wasn’t accepting” my name or something. So they took the copies to probably work on that later. Maybe they have not done yet. It was 4 weeks ago and I really really need the card.

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

3 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

Wow so fast! I am literally worried because when I went there, they took copies of my papers because the system “wasn’t accepting” my name or something. So they took the copies to probably work on that later. Maybe they have not done yet. It was 4 weeks ago and I really really need the card.

Have you checked out SAVE caseCheck to see your status? That might put your mind at ease to see whereabouts it is?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
53 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Have you checked out SAVE caseCheck to see your status? That might put your mind at ease to see whereabouts it is?

I just did! It says case returned to Agency. It’s in Maryland 🤦🏻‍♀️

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

6 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

I just did! It says case returned to Agency. It’s in Maryland 🤦🏻‍♀️

Maryland is just the headquarters for SSA. I'm sure it's at your local office. Mine took 21 days from when it reached "case returned" to get here in the mail. Unfortunately now, you cannot see WHEN it changed to "case returned" so you can count the days but it is a good sign. You CAN call your local SSA office and find out what's going on after two weeks from manual verification. Youd just need to quote the number they gave you on the letter stating you needed manual verification.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.