jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
28 minutes ago, NjK said:

Hi everyone, I'm an October filler. Sent AOS package on 29 September and on 24th September applied for SSN after marriage on my marriage name. SSA told that will verify with immigration and still now not any answer from them.

I got married August 30th and went to SSN September 14th and still nothing, next week will be 4 weeks and not information. Hope we get ours soon.

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I applied for a SSN about 2 weeks after getting here (22nd July), Applied on the 3rd August and got the Card exactly 4 weeks after. I'm now waiting on my change of name on the SSN now too, applied on the 20th Sept, they are tending to take about 4 weeks to get back to everyone it seems? @jackyjimenez I am sure you'll hear back soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, jackyjimenez said:

I got married August 30th and went to SSN September 14th and still nothing, next week will be 4 weeks and not information. Hope we get ours soon.

I went to SSA office two weeks after my arrival in the US. The letter with reference # said to wait up to four weeks till the card is sent. I got nothing after 6 weeks so I called their office.The phone operator wasn't so friendly and just told me to wait.

Over a week after my call, since I still got nothing,I went to the SSA office and spoke to another officer and emphasized that I'm on a K1 visa. He apologized and said DHS did not return their inquiry and I should wait a little bit more. He said he saw on my file that there was a follow up but still no feedback. I felt like they didn't process me on K1 and were waiting for my authority to work or whatever (that's how the person I spoke over the phone sounded).

I got my SSN card 4 days after my visit. So it took my SSN card almost two months to arrive.  

BTW, when I went back there we were already married and I asked if I can change my surname. I presented my marriage certificate but he said he can't do it. I will have to wait for my card and come back to change. I didn't argue anymore and just left since they were already getting in my nerve.

Edited by BnK

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I arrived August 25th 2018, i applied for my SSN on August 27th. On Sept 15th i called them and they said it was approved and mailed out on Sept 12, on Sept 23 when i got nothing in the mail, i drove to the same office that i had applied from here in Los Angeles, California and the lady was very nice and also said that's weird and that i am supposed to have gotten it, they asked me some few verifications questions and the lady gave me the SS number and had me write it somewhere and she ordered for another card and told her i would like to pick it up instead this time, she said i should come back in 2 weeks . Immediately i just went drove straight to Wells Fargo Bank nearby and opened an account with that ss number and my passport, lol i also got a secured credit card to start building credit and i also added it to the car loan too and i added the number on my AOS forms where it was requested.

The card is probably on vacation and it can now take its time to arrive, i will wait lol. :) 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did everybody just send their marriage license as evidence of marriage since we just had the relationship verified for K1 or did you guys send more evidence?

9 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Did everybody just send their marriage license as evidence of marriage since we just had the relationship verified for K1 or did you guys send more evidence?

I will be sending my marriage certificate (the license is what is received from the state authority and then is signed by the officiant and sent back to the state to make the process official. You will be then issued a marriage certificate confirming the marriage is legal in your state.) 

That and some wedding photos but that's all I be sending.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I'm happy to finally be in this group (way less stressful to have your fiance/spouse next to you!!) POE was 9/18 with the big day this Thursday! We applied for SSN 9/28, in which the application was submitted but as well told us that he isn't in the system yet to verify, to call in 2 weeks to verify status.

Looking at AOS application, whew a full 18 pages yikes! 2 questions for anyone:

1. If he still doesn't have a SSN within the next week I can leave the field blank correct? Even though we have initiated the process for the number?

2. As USC (female) should I hold off on changing my last name until after the AOS is filed due to the time frame it can take to reflect my updated last name on documents (passport, id, taxes, etc.) or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance!!

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

I'm happy to finally be in this group (way less stressful to have your fiance/spouse next to you!!) POE was 9/18 with the big day this Thursday! We applied for SSN 9/28, in which the application was submitted but as well told us that he isn't in the system yet to verify, to call in 2 weeks to verify status.

1. If he still doesn't have a SSN within the next week I can leave the field blank correct? Even though we have initiated the process for the number?

2. As USC (female) should I hold off on changing my last name until after the AOS is filed due to the time frame it can take to reflect my updated last name on documents (passport, id, taxes, etc.) or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance!!

1.You can leave it blank but don't ask for another SSN with the EAD, so it won't complicate things. 

2. Although my petitioner was a male, he did have a name change also. We sent everything with his previous name. while filing the petition with his new name (not in all states -  but most, once you married and your license is registered your last name changes officially - legally, so even if you didn't update your passport etc it is still legally changed.) 

He filled in I-864 with his new name, adding his old name as the names used. by adding the marriage certificate, you show proof of name change. all his other documents such as taxes, pay stubs and passport was in his old last name.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Thanks in advance!!

Both ways work but we called them and they said it’s okay if my wife fill the form with her previous last name and that it’ll save a lot of stress. So she used her last name since all the accompanying documents reflects in her maiden name, i wouldn’t want my file go to one immigration officer that is not well informed and he or she start thinking that I married two wives lol 😂 

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
13 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I sent the marriage license and several pictures including wedding ones. But honestly, after doing some reading, I think I should've just saved those pictures for the next interview. The AOS didn't spefically say I needed to send a bunch of pictures outside of the K1 approved NOA2

8 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

I'm happy to finally be in this group (way less stressful to have your fiance/spouse next to you!!)

You ain't lying my friend. After marriage and living with your spouse during AOS is way less stressful than before with the K1.

I understand many people who said the 5-6 month wait for the working permit was "hell" but again I can't complain that I'm with my spouse and that we are legally married.

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, guys! 👋

We got married in May, but still preparing docs for AOS for me and my 2 daughters. I have a question and I will ask for your kind advice. 

I file for AOS and Employment permit (for me and my elder daughter who’ll be 16 in a couple of months) and for advanced parole for the tree of us. 

When I send it as one package do I have to duplicate the evidence documents (like marriage certificates, birth certificates and I-94s to staple them to all the employment permit forms and the advanced parole forms for each of us too) and the photos? If I put the notary copies to the AOS will simple photocopies for those duplicates will be enough?

Thank you in advance.🙏🙏🙏

i’m all Packed and ready to send it if no duplicates are required - it is already a 5 pound package 🤪

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hi all! I'm putting together our AOS package (planning to send it off in October) and I have one question about the marriage certificate. I know that I need a certified copy. We are getting married on October 16th at Cambridge City Hall. How can I get the certified copy asap? Can I ask the city clerk/judge performing the ceremony about this? Any experiences or useful info is very appreciated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, l-h said:

Hi all! I'm putting together our AOS package (planning to send it off in October) and I have one question about the marriage certificate. I know that I need a certified copy. We are getting married on October 16th at Cambridge City Hall. How can I get the certified copy asap? Can I ask the city clerk/judge performing the ceremony about this? Any experiences or useful info is very appreciated. 

We got married in the city hall in Maryland and got our copies right there - just requested them before the ceremony from the registration officer. It was like $5-10 per copy - as many as you wish.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, l-h said:

For my county clerk's office, they stated that within a few days we would be able to request a certified copy of the marriage certificate. We are getting married tomorrow! POE 9/18. I will probably request the certified copy early next week in order to start the AOS filing process 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.