jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, Naes said:

Yep mine was already returned for a while too. Then I got the letter from Maryland (through my local office so the mail doesn’t directly come to you) and the ssn number at the same day.

it was pretty funny as I opened one envelope telling me to wait for 2 weeks and then the next one was the card.

That's interesting. I received my card on Monday but didn't get anything saying I'd receive it in two weeks. Maybe I'll get that soon lol

Edited by MLR14

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
20 hours ago, jackyjimenez said:

Really? They told us “we have your number we will let you know” well silly me for waiting 

12 hours ago, Naes said:

They contact you with a letter saying you’ll get your card in 2 weeks, card usually comes around he same time.

They send a letter.

They send a letter if everything is good. If not, they just leave you on hold for hours at the time then tell you they have no clue what to do.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, MLR14 said:

That's interesting. I received my card on Monday but didn't get anything saying I'd receive it in two weeks. Maybe I'll get that soon lol

Did you have a mismatch and required manual verification? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

They send a letter if everything is good. If not, they just leave you on hold for hours at the time then tell you they have no clue what to do.

Yep that sounds more like them .

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Naes said:

Did you have a mismatch and required manual verification? 

No mismatch but I went to the office only a couple of days after arrival so I did go through manual verification 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, MLR14 said:

No mismatch but I went to the office only a couple of days after arrival so I did go through manual verification 

I don’t understand how you did go through manual verification. Did they give you the paper that says you have to wait 4 weeks for them to check. 

Going to the office is not manual verification.

Timeline

@MLR14 sorry please don’t misunderstand me. It’s just that’s a important information because many people are having the mismatch issue which is causing manual verification of immigration status (not I-94, so this is not about how many days you’ve been in the country- I went 2 days later too, some went a month later and still have this issue)

if they give you the letter that says you applied but there is no decision and they need to check through SAVE system, and it can take 4 weeks, and did never got the mail. This is what I’m trying to learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think the confusing part sometimes is there are 3 levels of SAVE verification. 3-5 seconds(instant) 3-5 days(uploaded documents) and 3-5 weeks(mailed documents).

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Naes said:

@MLR14 sorry please don’t misunderstand me. It’s just that’s a important information because many people are having the mismatch issue which is causing manual verification of immigration status (not I-94, so this is not about how many days you’ve been in the country- I went 2 days later too, some went a month later and still have this issue)

if they give you the letter that says you applied but there is no decision and they need to check through SAVE system, and it can take 4 weeks, and did never got the mail. This is what I’m trying to learn.

Yes I got the paper saying manual verification was required. The lady said it was because SAVE was yet to be updated as I hadn’t been in the country long. My information was all correct on the I-94 

Timeline
Just now, MLR14 said:

Yes I got the paper saying manual verification was required. The lady said it was because SAVE was yet to be updated as I hadn’t been in the country long. My information was all correct on the I-94 

Wow then you received your SSN card extremely fast! that may be the reason you didn't get the letter itself. Good to know, theres a possibility to get it fast even with the paper. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I think the confusing part sometimes is there are 3 levels of SAVE verification. 3-5 seconds(instant) 3-5 days(uploaded documents) and 3-5 weeks(mailed documents).

I think the ones who end up in the last part with mailed documents are who gets the letter in the mail, because the mail itself comes from Maryland, wherever you apply, Maryland is the one (just like all other SS business) to deal with it. 

I know first level didn't work with me when I was there, and the guy tried for quite a few times. 

What I am wondering is, how did they again manage to make a better system online, yet more people are failing to get SSN like it was before... Hearing this same thing so many times this year it is becoming ridiculous.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Wow then you received your SSN card extremely fast! that may be the reason you didn't get the letter itself. Good to know, theres a possibility to get it fast even with the paper. 

I shocked when it arrived. When the envelope said SSA on the front, I assumed it was the one to tell me it would be two more weeks!

Timeline
1 minute ago, MLR14 said:

I shocked when it arrived. When the envelope said SSA on the front, I assumed it was the one to tell me it would be two more weeks!

Probably yours passed when they tried at the office later, and didn't really go through the whole document check. My Officer said he will try it again the next day as systems sometimes just don't work and thats all, and if that won't work they will send the papers to be verified. yet I still got the 4 weeks letter. 

It was really nice to actually have an officer who had a wife came on k1 :D at least he was all open with us.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Naes said:

Probably yours passed when they tried at the office later, and didn't really go through the whole document check. My Officer said he will try it again the next day as systems sometimes just don't work and thats all, and if that won't work they will send the papers to be verified. yet I still got the 4 weeks letter. 

It was really nice to actually have an officer who had a wife came on k1 :D at least he was all open with us.

That’s nice. Sometimes I can feel pretty judged as a K-1, or people are just completely oblivious!

Hi everyone, I'm an October filler. Sent AOS package on 29 September and on 24th September applied for SSN after marriage on my marriage name. SSA told that will verify with immigration and still now not any answer from them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.