749 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For those looking to this forum for if anyone had their case leave the NVC for the Mumbai Consulate, we finally did. Our case was received by NVC on 02-28 (the wait has been excruciating). We did not receive any kind of email which we thought was odd. Our case has updated on the ceac website as In Transit as of 9 a.m. this morning.

Edited by Fjsiodn

• 1 month later...

my fiance arrived on March 17th, 2019 via LAX entry. got married on April 14th, 2019
trying to apply for SSN, but when i track I-94 website, it says no travel records found :(

I'm little worried or tensed. what are my options? @Greenbaum

2 hours ago, Srinath06 said:

my fiance arrived on March 17th, 2019 via LAX entry. got married on April 14th, 2019
trying to apply for SSN, but when i track I-94 website, it says no travel records found :(

The option available to you if you are thinking of getting your Social Security Number is to go down to the SS office with the required documents (see the SS website for current requirements) and apply. They will send you information off and DHS will do a search and return the findings back and you can get your SSN. Keep in mind that the process does take a while 6-8 weeks so you may run into some problems. Here is a primer on what to do.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WHOBLEkvkVlUEnW-F9FK8idDTV1bm_D3/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:14 PM, Srinath06 said:

Hi Srinath,

Does the I-94 not show up at all? Or do you have that? My husband's (then fiancé) I-94 showed up a few days after we arrived. When we went to the Social Security office a few days later, they said they could not find him in the system yet, but they said they would send a message to DHS which could take up to 6-8 weeks. But less than 2 weeks later we got the SS card in the mail. Good luck!

Timeline
On 5/2/2019 at 12:24 PM, Akipog said:

Hi Srinath,

Does the I-94 not show up at all? Or do you have that? My husband's (then fiancé) I-94 showed up a few days after we arrived. When we went to the Social Security office a few days later, they said they could not find him in the system yet, but they said they would send a message to DHS which could take up to 6-8 weeks. But less than 2 weeks later we got the SS card in the mail. Good luck!

Could you pls help to tell wat we need fr SSN?

I came to knw that we need to take print of I 94 and to take passport copies to office with filled form fr applying ssn. 

Is there anything else needed?

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, Knome said:

I came to knw that we need to take print of I 94 and to take passport copies to office with filled form fr applying ssn. 

I think that's all that you need. They have copies of the form in the office, otherwise you can find one online. Form is pretty simple I would just do at the office. Yes, definitely the print of I-94 and the actual passport as well I believe. I am pretty sure we didn't bring a copy of the passport and the officer made copies there. But yup, you can bring copies yourself of the K1 visa and your passport page. Don't think there is anything else. Some people say to print this: https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211530 

They didn't ask that from me though. Just the passport, form, I-94 copy and passport/visa copy.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Akipog said:

I think that's all that you need. They have copies of the form in the office, otherwise you can find one online. Form is pretty simple I would just do at the office. Yes, definitely the print of I-94 and the actual passport as well I believe. I am pretty sure we didn't bring a copy of the passport and the officer made copies there. But yup, you can bring copies yourself of the K1 visa and your passport page. Don't think there is anything else. Some people say to print this: https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211530 

They didn't ask that from me though. Just the passport, form, I-94 copy and passport/visa copy.

thanks a lot @Akipog

have you filed for AOS? if you did what all proofs of ongoing relationship you have submitted?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Knome said:

thanks a lot @Akipog

have you filed for AOS? if you did what all proofs of ongoing relationship you have submitted?

I didn't submit any relationship proofs, I think all of that is just needed for the interview. Otherwise relationship proof is just marriage certificate. I used this checklist mostly: 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Akipog said:

I didn't submit any relationship proofs, I think all of that is just needed for the interview. Otherwise relationship proof is just marriage certificate. I used this checklist mostly: 

thanks for ur reply ...I am hearing all kinds of stuffs from different ppl ..about wat all we need to submit for AOS n its confusing....so only marriage certificates and all those forms you have submitted right. okk then i will go ahead with mine too i was thinking i need to wait till i get more proofs of ongoing marriage/relationship 

last question ..wat about medical? wats Ds-3025 ??, i cant find it anywhere and i dnt have any proofs of vaccination except the receipts showing my vaccination i took from max med centre  

On 5/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, Knome said:

thanks for ur reply ...I am hearing all kinds of stuffs from different ppl ..about wat all we need to submit for AOS n its confusing....so only marriage certificates and all those forms you have submitted right. okk then i will go ahead with mine too i was thinking i need to wait till i get more proofs of ongoing marriage/relationship 

last question ..wat about medical? wats Ds-3025 ??, i cant find it anywhere and i dnt have any proofs of vaccination except the receipts showing my vaccination i took from max med centre  

Anyone flew by Air India with a one way ticket without any issues ? Ticket rates are sky high for the next few months too 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, ujones said:

Anyone flew by Air India with a one way ticket without any issues ? Ticket rates are sky high for the next few months too 

I flew by korean air..without any issues 

dnt know abt air india

57 minutes ago, Knome said:

I flew by korean air..without any issues 

dnt know abt air india

@Knome, will hve to look into that airlines. I hve only flown by Middle East airlines. Are the rates lower ? Where was ur POE & how was ur experience there ? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ujones said:

@Knome, will hve to look into that airlines. I hve only flown by Middle East airlines. Are the rates lower ? Where was ur POE & how was ur experience there ? 

Rates wre almost similar that time...i took korean air bcz the timings suited me n my lil daughter...poe was seattle and it was quick n easy bcz my daughter was sick as soon as we landed so thy made me stand in priority line..got done fast :) very friendly ppl

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Knome said:

DS-3025 is the form that was created when you had your medical exam. It should have been handed to you when you passed through your POE by the immigration officer. The embassy designated physician has the responsibility to fill the form out based on what vaccinations you had completed during your medical. If you don't have one then you will need to find a civil surgeon here in the states where they will repeat the medical and interview you concerning the vaccinations. He/she will fill out a I-693 which you will use for your AOS. Be aware without the DS-3025 this is going to be expensive. I recommend that you shop around for the best pricing. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, Knome said:

Simple Instructions on how to apply for and receive a Social Security Card/Number

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WHOBLEkvkVlUEnW-F9FK8idDTV1bm_D3/view?usp=sharing

Sub-forum for the discussion of Social Security Numbers on VJ

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/156-social-security-numbers/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.