TBoneTX

Put On Your Big-Boy Rants

2,983 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, SAT said:

My kids prefer a real book. I prefer the ereader

And I really prefer moving the e-reader instead of boxes of all the books I purchased since 2010.

/really need to do something about the boxes of books purchased before 2010 still cluttering up the condo before the pretty Russian girl gets here (seriously; I'll buy something I have a physical copy of on Kindle rather than dig through the boxes for it at this point).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I have a hand-me-down nook that no longer wants to keep a charge, but I only read it when traveling on long haul flights. If I'm at home, a real book works for me.

My local library also has audiobooks you can borrow, and since I have a cleaning job that takes about 3hrs of my day, I plough through books at 1.8x speed so I can finish them before the deadline. I find myself re-"reading" the same ones over and over again though, and I'm a little more than upset that Joy Luck Club hasn't been transcribed into an audiobook yet. If I finish listening to a book that piqued my interest, I go on Amazon (sorry) and purchase a physical copy so I can actually read it again.

Now that all my free time is dedicated to knitting though, audiobooks are perfect.

31 minutes ago, SAT said:

I have more than that...

A requirement for my next house is, I'm building a nice office and library...

Now where's that useless Stretch to conduct the thread closing ceremony...

I have humbler goals for my next house, moving to the Philippines, I'll be happy for indoor plumbing, a full size toilet and heated water in the shower

I prefer real books as well. Seriously too many in the house now.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

So the Maire Kondo lady from the tidying up book has a series on netflix now.  I just folded all my clothes that dont hang  I need real dressers I think for this to work properly but we use those closetmaid (only target brand) cube things. 

Honestly clothes arent really the issue in our house.  Its knickknacks and boxes and electronics  my husband wont let go of.

But i have books and china and papers I need to go through.  And the garage... oh the garage... bleh. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I have a lot of ####...

Tools

Electronics

Hunting clothes/  stuff

Fishing gear (30k worth of it)

Books

25 years of work stuff

A huge wardrobe

In my next house I will need...

A 150 ft walk in closet

A 3-5 car garage

A  15x 20 office

A 15x 15 library

A 2 story living room

An 15x15 heated outside shed for game processing.

A smoke house

An outside kitchen

An inground  pool with heated side pool

An in-laws suite

A gym

A game room

A huge dinning room for the wife's thuggy friends.

A kitchen for display

A kitchen for cooking

A mud room for the dog and filthy kids

And, whatever else tiff needs...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08