Angry birddd

Administrating process with Ds5535

90 posts in this topic

Hi All,
My family and I had a F31 visa interview on 12th Dec 2018 and on 17th Dec Islamabad embassy emailed me asking me to fill up an additional questionnaire (also called DS 5535).Since then, there has been some updates  but still specifically my id says administrative processing while everyone else's says ready.My mom is the primary applicant. Additionnally, I have a valid F1 visa as I go to college in USA and my semester has already started.Do you think its wise to email embassy and get my passport back so I can travel while the administrative processing takes place or should I wait till the F31 approval? Would it hurt my F31 case?Thanks a lot

22 hours ago, hussain88 said:

Hi All,
My family and I had a F31 visa interview on 12th Dec 2018 and on 17th Dec Islamabad embassy emailed me asking me to fill up an additional questionnaire (also called DS 5535).Since then, there has been some updates  but still specifically my id says administrative processing while everyone else's says ready.My mom is the primary applicant. Additionnally, I have a valid F1 visa as I go to college in USA and my semester has already started.Do you think its wise to email embassy and get my passport back so I can travel while the administrative processing takes place or should I wait till the F31 approval? Would it hurt my F31 case?Thanks a lot

Yes. You can ask for passport....there is no problem in it..when embassy required,he will ask you again..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Mutahir said:

My sister's case updated 4 times within 2 weeks, January 15th, 17th, 23rd and 25th respectively.

Hoping for the best for your sister's family!  Looks like the wait is almost over.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 2/24/2019 at 12:25 AM, Manooo said:

Have your sister  received visa?

No. My sister's case has been updated 7 seven times in last seven weeks or so. But still no visa. Not sure what is going on.

Edited by Mutahir

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 7:38 AM, Mutahir said:

No. My sister's case has been updated 7 seven times in last seven weeks or so. But still no visa. Not sure what is going on.

My sister's case was updated twice in the last week.  Now all 6 members are under Administrative Processing since March 25th.

Initially, only my brother-in-law was under AP.

• 3 months later...

Islamabad Embassy requested (via email) my sister's family to submit another set of Medical Tests, recent passport size photos, and submit submit Immigrant applications again.  They submitted requested items on July 01, 2019.  Still all 6 family members are in AP.

I am wondering if they are going to ask for Affidavit of Support again?

11 hours ago, Mutahir said:

Islamabad Embassy requested (via email) my sister's family to submit another set of Medical Tests, recent passport size photos, and submit submit Immigrant applications again.  They submitted requested items on July 01, 2019.  Still all 6 family members are in AP.

I am wondering if they are going to ask for Affidavit of Support again?

Same we did on 23rd July .. submitted medical and visa photos but no update yet .. Did you confirm that they received the documents?? I mean any single date change ??

8 hours ago, Munazza said:

Same we did on 23rd July .. submitted medical and visa photos but no update yet .. Did you confirm that they received the documents?? I mean any single date change ??

Date changed a 9 days  after we submitted Medical. Date changed again today, but still on AP though.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 8:07 PM, dera1234 said:

Hi All,

We are in same boat we are also F31 and in AP from 14 months and lastly after all the DNA stuff done before we submitted documents in MAY and after that we got 2 updates firstly our case shows expire soon then he changed back into AP after 1 month then we got updated yesterday and now today only principal is updated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.