Dave&Kal

USCIS online account number

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just started filing my N-400. Somewhere is asking for my " USCIS online account number  " what is this and where can i find it? it says, open an account and go to your profile, there you can find it, but i am already in my account and filing online already, so i go to profile and don't see any info there! I was able to find the receipt i paid for my Green Card about 5 years ago, there i can see " USCIS account Number"  but does not say "ONLINE"  , so would this be the number i am looking for?

Edited by Dave&Kal

Timeline

Along the same line of questions, i was wondering if being cited by police for traffic related matter and being just given a verbal warning, would be something one should be mentioning in his N400 application form ( specifically question 22 or maybe 23 , asking if you have ever been cited by any officer....) and also would  that be something recorded or documented on police records? 

Edited by Dave&Kal

3 hours ago, Dave&Kal said:

Along the same line of questions, i was wondering if being cited by police for traffic related matter and being just given a verbal warning, would be something one should be mentioning in his N400 application form ( specifically question 22 or maybe 23 , asking if you have ever been cited by any officer....) and also would  that be something recorded or documented on police records? 

The safest thing to do is to say yes and explain exactly what happened. It won't affect you.

Edited by havil80

Timeline
6 minutes ago, havil80 said:

The safest thing to do is to say yes

well i am aware of that, but you know, while there might be other hidden issues (that one might not be aware of)  here and there affecting the application along the way, you would want your application to be as spotless as possible. I prefer not to do what i don't have to do! so my question is more about if i HAVE TO or if i can simply SKIP it. To answer my own initial question i read a lot of articles today and couple of immigration lawyers opinion in regard to this and it seems like verbal warning is nothing you need to worry about or report it at all.  I have also seen lots of comments on Parking tickets not being necessary to be reported as well ( doesn't mean you should not, but if you dont, you have done nothing wrong, as those lawyers were suggesting) .  The issue i am looking at right now and i cant find an answer is my own case where i was given a ticket for " disobey traffic sign" but when i went for hearing pleading not guilty, instead they gave me a deal and downgraded that to a parking ticket and i just paid the fine for the parking and i got no bad record on my driving or any points. Now i am wondering, this ticket being converted to "Stop/Parking ticket", and if parking ticket is not necessary to report, would that also apply to this case! 

Again, i know it is best to mention and describe it later during the interview, but my question is if that is something i can skip ( assuming being a minor traffic violation, and as the USCIS agent on the phone, few hours ago told me, minor violations can be omitted from reporting, but could not specifically draw a conclusion on my case) , i am still struggling to make that decision and have not submitted the application and still thinking what to do!

Timeline

And this is all the info i could find in N400 instruction pdf :

NOTE: You must submit documentation of traffic incidents if:

(1) The incident involved alcohol or drugs;

(2) The incident led to an arrest; or

(3) The incident seriously injured another person. You do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines or incidents that did not involve an arrest or did not involve drugs or alcohol, if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 or points on your driving record.

but that does not mean you should not report, and what i understand is, that you just wont need to provide documentation ( i guess if you report). i mean i see a lot of confusions and interpretations make it worse for me!

May I know how you found your profile.  I set up an USCIS online account, but couldn't find my profile or online account number.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:08 PM, Dave&Kal said:

I just started filing my N-400. Somewhere is asking for my " USCIS online account number  " what is this and where can i find it? it says, open an account and go to your profile, there you can find it, but i am already in my account and filing online already, so i go to profile and don't see any info there! I was able to find the receipt i paid for my Green Card about 5 years ago, there i can see " USCIS account Number"  but does not say "ONLINE"  , so would this be the number i am looking for?

On 9/5/2018 at 7:25 PM, TNJ17 said:

That’s the number you need. 

What if I cannot find my green card receipt?  I couldn't find the USCIS online account number either, although I created an online account.

Timeline
9 hours ago, linda05312 said:

May I know how you found your profile.  I set up an USCIS online account, but couldn't find my profile or online account number.

What if I cannot find my green card receipt?  I couldn't find the USCIS online account number either, although I created an online account.

It is not in the profile anyway, i couldnt find it either. Btw, if you are doing online, it has an option saying " i dont have an online account number", so if you can not find any of your old petitions or payments to uscis, probably choose this option. What matters is your A-number. If you do have an online account number , they can find it themselves.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 9/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, Dave&Kal said:

I was also wondering if a traffic ticket "Parking ticket" is considered as offense and if i should say YES to this question;  Have you EVER been convicted of a crime or offense? 

Just wanted to say that No, you do not have to disclose a parking ticket unless it is over $500 I believe or if it involved drugs or alcohol.

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.