485 posts in this topic

Hello, i gather everything i have for the i-864 rfe and this is all i have please if any of you have something to add i will really appreciate im extremely nervous about it. 

Sponsor:

i-864 form signed and dated  

8 months pay stubs

tax return and transcript ( 2017) 

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017)

copy of Birth Certificate 

copy of biographic passport

employment letter 

and A copy of my itin number idk about that one. 

Joint sponsor:

6 months pay stubs

tax return ( 2017)

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017) 

copy of Birth certificate 

employment letter. 

Is this ok or do i need something else ? Thank you.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, KYICGM said:

Hello, i gather everything i have for the i-864 rfe and this is all i have please if any of you have something to add i will really appreciate im extremely nervous about it. 

Sponsor:

8 months pay stubs

tax return and transcript ( 2017) 

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017)

copy of Birth Certificate 

copy of biographic passport

employment letter 

and A copy of my itin number idk about that one. 

Joint sponsor:

6 months pay stubs

tax return ( 2017)

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017) 

copy of Birth certificate 

employment letter. 

Is this ok or do i need something else ? Thank you.  

In my personal Opinion, the above mentioned documents should be sufficient. But it is better to submit copies of your marriage certificate, your passport and your birth certificate along with those documents.

Good Luck :) 

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

2 minutes ago, Balaji_v said:

In my personal Opinion, the above mentioned documents should be sufficient. But it is better to submit copies of your marriage certificate, your passport and your birth certificate along with those documents.

Good Luck :) 

Thank you 😊 then i will 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Balaji_v said:

please try to use this link and create an account. It might work here https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

I guess it might be a technical glitch or some sort of issue. But I dont think it is because they are not working on your case.

This web site not working too in it

Timeline

Hi guys my tracking number just start working today it's Says they accepted the finger print fees and that they are working on the case and they mailed me about next process is this how it's work guys 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Man, Detroit is working fast.  Oct 10th they showed that they were ready to schedule the interview.  So I should be seeing the notice in the mail soon.  Just over 1 month  since the packet was sent to them.  Even had an RFE inbetween that. Gotta love it.

Edited by ImagineMe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
26 minutes ago, ImagineMe said:

Man, Detroit is working fast.  Oct 10th they showed that they were ready to schedule the interview.  So I should be seeing the notice in the mail soon.  Just over 1 month  since the packet was sent to them.  Even had an RFE inbetween that. Gotta love it.

WOW congrats to you both. We are still waiting our interview date our PD is July 30th.  Best of luck with your interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, ImagineMe said:

My status changed  into " Interview Schedule " after 35 days of status " ready to schedule for an interview " i am a July AOS filer  field office is Detroit MI

Edited by Jemilyn

Timeline
On 10/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, ImagineMe said:

Wow that was fast !!

Congratulations :jest:

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Timeline
18 hours ago, linuxma said:

Hi guys I just got my  finger point appointment which documents you bring with you and do my wife allowed to come with me 

You take the appointment letter and ID with you. I took my passport. My husband came with me and he waited for me in the area they take your biometrics. He needed ID also as the security check it on the way into the building.

Timeline
4 hours ago, ttjewell said:

You take the appointment letter and ID with you. I took my passport. My husband came with me and he waited for me in the area they take your biometrics. He needed ID also as the security check it on the way into the building.

awe thanks do phones not allowed to bring i mean there is a way to give them the phone and come back get it later

Timeline
15 hours ago, linuxma said:

awe thanks do phones not allowed to bring i mean there is a way to give them the phone and come back get it later

We left our phones in the cars but some people had phones out. 

Timeline

We had our AOS interview yesterday at the Detroit Field office and we got approved on the Spot :jest:. Our appointment is at 11:20AM and we reached there and passed through the security around 11:00. And we waited in the large waiting area for about 40 minutes until the Office called my name for the interview. The IO is a very sweet middle aged white lady and she appeared to have gone through my application thoroughly and the moment we walked into her office, she said she doesn't have any questions about the validity of my marriage and she just need to verify some basic information and she would approve my green-card. Everything went very smooth. She just verified the stuff on the forms like my DOB, parents names, current address and when i came into US, what visa statuses i had and so on. And then the mandatory YES/NO questions from form I-485. And then she asked my wife if its her signature on the forms and she checked with me about my signatures as well. The interview lasted for about 15 or 20 minutes and at the end, she said she just approved the Green-card and she ordered for the card. I requested to see if she can place the I-551 stamp on my passport but she said it's only required if I am travelling within the next one or two weeks outside the USA. So I didn't get a stamp on my passport. She explained about the conditional residency and we need to apply for ROC in about 21 months and made us sign a document referring to the 2 year conditional residency and removal of conditions. And we thanked the Immigration officer for her help and support and she walked us out to the waiting area and we thanked her and said good bye for now.

So overall it was a great experience and very easy than i expected. The IO did't even ask for any originals or any documents. We brought with us a whole bunch of documents and 4 albums of pictures. But she did't even look at them. So I believe a strong application with good explanation letter about evolution of relationship helped us alot. The IO even commented it to my wife who wrote the "Evolution of relationship letter" that she loved how my wife explained everything in her letter addressing the officer.

I thank you all the VJ filers for their valuable support and advice they gave me through this AOS journey and I wish you all the very best and hoping for your AOS to go as smoothly as possible. 😁

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
1 hour ago, Balaji_v said:

We had our AOS interview yesterday at the Detroit Field office and we got approved on the Spot :jest:. Our appointment is at 11:20AM and we reached there and passed through the security around 11:00. And we waited in the large waiting area for about 40 minutes until the Office called my name for the interview. The IO is a very sweet middle aged white lady and she appeared to have gone through my application thoroughly and the moment we walked into her office, she said she doesn't have any questions about the validity of my marriage and she just need to verify some basic information and she would approve my green-card. Everything went very smooth. She just verified the stuff on the forms like my DOB, parents names, current address and when i came into US, what visa statuses i had and so on. And then the mandatory YES/NO questions from form I-485. And then she asked my wife if its her signature on the forms and she checked with me about my signatures as well. The interview lasted for about 15 or 20 minutes and at the end, she said she just approved the Green-card and she ordered for the card. I requested to see if she can place the I-551 stamp on my passport but she said it's only required if I am travelling within the next one or two weeks outside the USA. So I didn't get a stamp on my passport. She explained about the conditional residency and we need to apply for ROC in about 21 months and made us sign a document referring to the 2 year conditional residency and removal of conditions. And we thanked the Immigration officer for her help and support and she walked us out to the waiting area and we thanked her and said good bye for now.

So overall it was a great experience and very easy than i expected. The IO did't even ask for any originals or any documents. We brought with us a whole bunch of documents and 4 albums of pictures. But she did't even look at them. So I believe a strong application with good explanation letter about evolution of relationship helped us alot. The IO even commented it to my wife who wrote the "Evolution of relationship letter" that she loved how my wife explained everything in her letter addressing the officer.

I thank you all the VJ filers for their valuable support and advice they gave me through this AOS journey and I wish you all the very best and hoping for your AOS to go as smoothly as possible. 😁

Congratulations to you and your wife. It’s great to hear that the interview went smoothly. Well done. 👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.