MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

The NVC process doesn’t seem to look too complicated as long as you’ve got all your ducks in row. However, the taxes part throws me off. I know I have to send the transcript from the most previous year which obviously is going to be 2018. And then I’ve seen people say you also need to send W2’s. In 2016 I had several W2’s going on that I no longer have, I didn’t send with my filings (never do) and the company I did some work for went out of business. Do you actually need the W2’s? Thank you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

The NVC process doesn’t seem to look too complicated as long as you’ve got all your ducks in row. However, the taxes part throws me off. I know I have to send the transcript from the most previous year which obviously is going to be 2018. And then I’ve seen people say you also need to send W2’s. In 2016 I had several W2’s going on that I no longer have, I didn’t send with my filings (never do) and the company I did some work for went out of business. Do you actually need the W2’s? Thank you :)

I agree the NVC process doesn’t seem to bad. 2018 transcript will not be available for NVC process, but it should be available to take to the interview. If your tax return is ready when once you start the NVC process, then you would need your W2’s for the 2018 taxes. Just get transcripts for 2017,2016 and 2015. No W2’s needed if you are providing transcripts unless you filed jointly with your spouse. I would also add pay-stubs and a job letter from your current place of employment. Will you use I-864ez? You should know which I-864 you will need and pre-fill it out. 

4 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

I agree the NVC process doesn’t seem to bad. 2018 transcript will not be available for NVC process, but it should be available to take to the interview. If your tax return is ready when once you start the NVC process, then you would need your W2’s for the 2018 taxes. Just get transcripts for 2017,2016 and 2015. No W2’s needed if you are providing transcripts unless you filed jointly with your spouse. I would also add pay-stubs and a job letter from your current place of employment. Will you use I-864ez? You should know which I-864 you will need and pre-fill it out. 

Thank you :) I will have my W2’s for 2018. I will request transcripts for the remaining years. Now 2015 is joint with ex husband. They won’t have an issue with that, right? We are doing the I-864. And the pay stubs and letter won’t be an issue either. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Thank you :) I will have my W2’s for 2018. I will request transcripts for the remaining years. Now 2015 is joint with ex husband. They won’t have an issue with that, right? We are doing the I-864. And the pay stubs and letter won’t be an issue either. 

The last 3 years is not needed, just recommended. If you provide 2018 tax return and W2’s I wouldn’t send 2015 transcript, just 2016 and 2017. Did you look at the different I-864’s to make sure you chose the right one for your situation? I’m going to use the  I-864ez. 

55 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

The last 3 years is not needed, just recommended. If you provide 2018 tax return and W2’s I wouldn’t send 2015 transcript, just 2016 and 2017. Did you look at the different I-864’s to make sure you chose the right one for your situation? I’m going to use the  I-864ez. 

Okay...thank you again. And yes, you are correct i need to use the 864ez. Whoosh! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Okay...thank you again. And yes, you are correct i need to use the 864ez. Whoosh! 

Ok great! I wanted to make sure you would have the right I-864. 

9 hours ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

Ok great! I wanted to make sure you would have the right I-864. 

Where can i check to make sure i fill out the right I-864?

Timeline

Timeline

An August 2nd filer was approved at the Potomac Service Center yesterday 😍😍😍💃🏽💃🏽🎉🎉🎉🎉🤸🏽‍♀️🤸🏽‍♀️!   I’m August 3rd. I’m getting excited now. 

1 hour ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

An August 2nd filer was approved at the Potomac Service Center yesterday 😍😍😍💃🏽💃🏽🎉🎉🎉🎉🤸🏽‍♀️🤸🏽‍♀️!   I’m August 3rd. I’m getting excited now. 

Hi all, I hope not too long to go for everyone else too.

Same I'm August 3rd too!!!!

Hi guys, I don't really know how NVC check our documents and with that I wanted to seek some advice from you guys with regards to the financial document. My husband stayed outside the US for quite a long time (to finish his study) and just got back in US recently so apparently he don't have any taxes or whatsoever for the past yrs and in addition to that he just got a job this month of Dec. What do you guys suggest for us to do? Should we get joint sponsor? 

Edited by MrBandMrsB

Timeline
5 hours ago, Suaad said:

Hi all, I hope not too long to go for everyone else too.

Same I'm August 3rd too!!!!

Oh great! Fingers 🤞🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.