MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
12 hours ago, amapru said:

Apparently https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ is the new one. The one you’re talking about is “old”. Same thing, create an account and add your case, should show same status, but people are seeing different PDs but it shouldn’t make a huge difference.

Yes, I see different Pd date. Like 3 days further. Are we able to download it onto our phones? Or it’s just a website? 

4 hours ago, Gojo said:

Yes, I see different Pd date. Like 3 days further. Are we able to download it onto our phones? Or it’s just a website? 

Just a website. Still don't know why they have 2 different ones. There's conflicting information about which one is more accurate, but just go with whatever date's on your hard copy NOA1.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

Just a website. Still don't know why they have 2 different ones. There's conflicting information about which one is more accurate, but just go with whatever date's on your hard copy NOA1.

Yes I’m definitely going with what’s on my official letter. These website dates are off and not updated. 

17 hours ago, amapru said:

Apparently https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ is the new one. The one you’re talking about is “old”. Same thing, create an account and add your case, should show same status, but people are seeing different PDs but it shouldn’t make a huge difference.

Interesting. I will create account in there now. Thank you :) 

Another Texas approval for 9th August! Really really hoping that this coming work week will be when we hear some news 🙏

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Texas Service Center 

I saw many RFE sent out betweeen Mar20-22. At least 20 RFE ... 

way too many... but seems like TSC is working for sure!

i only took 1 screenshot

(Noa 1 date: Aug 15-17) 

F005F22A-F642-4A16-ADB8-EE88BFD540FD.thumb.jpeg.072c3650ec62e40576f713ee36db8f57.jpeg

Edited by Allison1128

I have a question, I hope somebody can enlighten me. I tried creating an account at the USCIS site where you can check the status of the application. I was wondering though because we filed in August 24 and received NOA1 August 31st, PD is August 31st also. NSC though. Those screencaps are confusing me. It shows that it was updated on Feb. 5, 2019. I am confused. Screenshot_20190324-220401.thumb.jpg.3b7fa58807a43a0d41515a9f33e95bd5.jpgIMG_20190324_220617.thumb.jpg.3df3022184bc6154d0f18c12cf2ffa34.jpg

Screenshot_20190324-220331.jpg

I am confused as to what does the "Last Updated" - February 5,2019 means. Who updated it and why it was updated. I hope somebody on here can help me. Thank you. 

Timeline

Which is the correct app? I’m going to visit my husband for a month and I won’t be able to check my mailbox. These are the 2 apps I have on my phone. Is this ok to check my case status and recieve my notifications? 

7A480C92-09E5-4717-9870-95D525205651.jpeg

Edited by Gojo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Which is the correct app? I’m going to visit my husband for a month and I won’t be able to check my mailbox. These are the 2 apps I have on my phone. Is this ok to check my case status and recieve my notifications? 

the one to the right is the one i'm using

I think that's also the one most ppl use. 

1 hour ago, JeffXiad said:

I am confused as to what does the "Last Updated" - February 5,2019 means. Who updated it and why it was updated. I hope somebody on here can help me. Thank you. 

Hi, "Last updated" doesn't mean much. It could be an automatic system update or maybe someone touched your case, can't say for sure.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

7 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Either is fine. None of these are official USCIS apps, just portals. The official websites are only:

New website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Old website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/

I check both once a day. The apps are useful for searching cases near you but I don't want to rely just on third party apps for updates.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

Either is fine. None of these are official USCIS apps, just portals. The official websites are only:

New website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Old website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/

I check both once a day. The apps are useful for searching cases near you but I don't want to rely just on third party apps for updates.

When you go into the new website, does it ask you to enter the verification code sent to your email?  It asks me this all the time. 

Just now, Gojo said:

When you go into the new website, does it ask you to enter the verification code sent to your email?  It asks me this all the time. 

Yes, it's a double security measure. So when you made the account, you must have added an email. Every time you log in it sends a unique code to that email and you need to enter it to log in. Extra layer of security and ID protection I guess.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.