MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Deha said:

Hey,

No I'm stil waiting for the reciept . I haven't gotten my reciept number yet. I only got a text from my bank that 535 was charged. 

Still waiting for the reciept I hope I get it soo. 

Don't worry, you'll get it in a few days. Labour Day holiday must have slowed down mail.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks for creating this Muna.🙂

Hello everyone, wishing you all the best in this very long journey. 

Timeline: 

Married: July 6th, 2018

Mailed I-130: August 22nd, 2018 

Package delivered to Phoenix Lockbox: August 24th, 2018

NOA received (text message and email): August 29th, 2018 ,Package routed to Nebraska Service Center

I-797C, NOA letter received in the mail: September 4th, 2018 (Priority Date August 24th, 2018)

It appears Nebraska Service Center is taking 7 to 9.5 months to processing time. The wait begins....

7 hours ago, Muna_93 said:

Wow, hoping all goes smooth for you too! NOA2 is the second notification from USCIS when (hopefully) the petition is approved. I'm predicting we will hear back February/March 2019. Fingers crossed!

Thank you! February/March seems so long from now. 😞 I hope it happens sooner. But from what I see on here, 6 months seems to be the norm. This is just the beginning of a long wait for us. He was expedited from LAX upon arrival, so he was banned for 5 years. He will be denied at the interview and then we have to file solo I-212 and wait for that as well. Our attorney says it's a 1 year minimum. Everyone says patience. But they have no idea what this feels like. 

Keep me posted on your journey!!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My I-130 (CR1) petition was approved on August 8th

NVC recieved my petition on August 23rd

but still no case number! 

Called them today but they told me to wait. 

Should I keep calling or wait for the welcome letter ? 

Hi Jundi93,

This thread is for those of us who filed last month, not those who got approved. To answer your question, if you already called and they said to wait, then listen to their advice. It can take several weeks for this transfer. I would call them every 2 weeks or so. Good luck.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

3 hours ago, Deha said:

Hey guys 

I got my notice of i-797c notice today with priority date of 29 August 2018. I'm confused it doesn't mention accepting or rejectinh anything plus I'm worried only first and last name of my husband is mentioned his middle name is not nor is the Intial mentioned.  

This is normal. They won't accept or reject anything yet. It will take several months. This is just a receipt to say they received your petition.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

New comer in this forums.

Married 5/24/18 

Sent 7/31/2018 to Phoenix

Priority date : 8/1/2018

NOA1 received 8/6/2018 in Nebraska Service Center. 

Yeah, it will be long time to wait. Good thing sometimes I can go USA to see my husband.

Everyone good luck~

Welcome stchang!

One month has already passed for us August filers, yay 😄

Around 5 months to go, fingers crossed for all of us!

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Married : September 18, 2017

Sent: July 13, 2018

Priority: July 16, 2018 

NOA 1: August 02, 2018

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey everyone! Didn't think until now to look for a group like this - such a great idea!

Timeline:

Married: July 15, 2017

Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox: August 29, 2018

Email Notice: September 6

NOA1 Letter: September 20 (I think) (Priority Date September 4)

My application is at the Nebraska Service Center

As a side note, I am applying from abroad (Sweden) so unfortunately mail delays will be a factor - but at least I get to see all of you receive things and then hopefully I won't be too far behind!

Edited by SarahSwede

I am glad I see this thread. Thank you for making this. 

Here's my timeline

March 20,2017:  Got married

August 25,2018: Sent the I130 Packet 

August 29,2018: Recieved NOA1

Priority Date is August 29 as well - Nebraska Service Center. 

And the waiting begins. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.