1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, Naes said:

I always had a thing for September :D

Happy to see some familiar names in this forum! Our lawyer mailed out packet on the 29th so hoping to hear something (or at least see a cashed check) this week. :) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 9/1/2018 at 5:13 PM, ineedadisplayname said:

Hey,

Good to see familiar "faces" from around the forum. I am a berry at hard LOL.

The AOS is much more different as forum wise because there is basically no hard written queue, so some people get interview super fast, others not. So I think it has less community feeling, belonging to somewhere (that's why I am commenting here too LOL)..... anyway :D

Probably you will be thru the NBC and bio app pretty quickly, also while you get SSN, bank stuff it keeps more busy, then there is just suddenly waiting.  :D

I like it better than being apart, but the visa has it's negative part too. Like not being able to work, depending on your social temper it's harder to meet your own friends, so you share your husbands friends, etc.... But in general it is better I would say because we are not apart....

Thank you for the heads up! I 100% agree with being together makes things way better. 

I told him by California law now everything we will have is 50% mine and that includes friends 🤣 so far so good with friends... need to learn how to drive tho....

Timeline
On 9/2/2018 at 1:40 PM, Daniel P said:

Hi everyone! And @Naes😉 It's good to be back after all this time, I just needed some rest after so intensive use of VJ all these past months…

Anyway, here we are waiting again! I sent the paperwork the 28th and it got to USCIS the 30th, so I'm guessing I'll be a September filer and that we'll be getting pretty similar NOA dates😊. I could have sent it like 3 weeks ago, but they wouldn't send me the Marriage Certificate… which in the end they didn't, I ended up going myself to the office to get it 😒. The only thing left for me to do is getting the driver's license, after that it'll be a mostly boring wait again...

And that’s why we didn’t even send it with mail... and just took it with us and got the certified copy at that time. (I don’t know if everywhere works same tho 🤔

mine got there on 31st! I’d really like a number to obsessively check for a while 😁

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

Happy to see some familiar names in this forum! Our lawyer mailed out packet on the 29th so hoping to hear something (or at least see a cashed check) this week. :) 

Yes pleaseee, I’d like a nice text message by Friday 😊 I really want in before 11th, just in case not to get stuck with the new regulations about rfes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

Thank you for the heads up! I 100% agree with being together makes things way better. 

I told him by California law now everything we will have is 50% mine and that includes friends 🤣 so far so good with friends... need to learn how to drive tho...

That is cool :)))

hope california is better with DL. I have a DL, but can't get a US one before EAD or greencard.... I am a bit upset about that :D

not sure where are you exaclty, but maybe LA? It is interesting to drive there.... All the traffic did like 5 miles in 35 minutes :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Yes pleaseee, I’d like a nice text message by Friday 😊 I really want in before 11th, just in case not to get stuck with the new regulations about rfes.

Hi Naes, so nice to see you back here ☺️ What's this about new rfe regulations?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

And that’s why we didn’t even send it with mail... and just took it with us and got the certified copy at that time. (I don’t know if everywhere works same tho 🤔

mine got there on 31st! I’d really like a number to obsessively check for a while 😁

We tried! They told us at the Marriage License's office that there wasn't any problem with us hand-carrying it back there once married. We asked once again to the judge's secretary and she said she didn't think there would be any problem either. But then, the day of the ceremony we asked the judge (who was really nice, I must say) and he said that that wasn't possible, that it wasn't legal... He's the judge, I couldn't argue with him about laws 😅. Then they told us that we should get the certificate in our mail in 3 or 4 days… Well, that became 3 weeks and they hadn't even sent it yet 😒

Edited by Daniel P

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

True! Life feels kind of empty without it, doesn't it? 😄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/30/2018 at 2:18 PM, Naes said:

I always had a thing for September :D

There is no way I'm getting my NOA1 by tomorrow, so let me start September AOS thread beforehand!

And remember it is always a good idea to just send EAD and AP together with the timelines getting longer. You never know what you'll need and it is free!

Good luck to all!

Nice to see you back in the forum with a new thread! :) How's your kitties? Mine is now an indoor/outdoor cat. He discovered the outdoors and is now spending most of his day chasing squirrels and befriending the neighbor's cats. :D 

We submitted paperwork last August 20 and it took 8 days for the email and text messages to get through. I got my noa 1 letters last Saturday and it officially said that August 27 was my noa date. I'm sure yours will be on it's way this week. :) Some of the people from the June 2017 K1 thread who filed for their AOS last April are getting their EAD/AP combo. So i guess the average time is 4 months for it. Hopefully it'll stay that way. :D 

Glad to see you here again. I'll check on this thread from time to time. :) 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rebecca & Kelvin said:

So glad to see @Naes & @Daniel P here ~~~ I came to LA on 8/30, feel like i have heaps of things to do😅

Welcome to America! 😄 Glad to see you too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Naes said:

Hi @Naes, our time lines are still running parallel it seems! (we filed on Sep 15 /2017) how are you doing? how is married life? I guess your cats are happy to have you there full time! my dogs came over on the same flight as me at the end of July, despite my concerns they flew pretty well.  we were married just a head of you on the 14th but I see you are just a head of us with the AOS and EOD etc, so a quick question, how many photos did you enclose with the package? we can't decide if they just want 2 or 2 for the AOS and 2 for the EOD? any advise would be appreciated, Thanks.

As others have commented it is good to see familiar names on the forum and I hope everyone is making progress with the next stage of their lives.

Timeline
On 9/3/2018 at 5:23 PM, Oksmanoks said:

Nice to see you back in the forum with a new thread! :) How's your kitties? Mine is now an indoor/outdoor cat. He discovered the outdoors and is now spending most of his day chasing squirrels and befriending the neighbor's cats. :D 

We submitted paperwork last August 20 and it took 8 days for the email and text messages to get through. I got my noa 1 letters last Saturday and it officially said that August 27 was my noa date. I'm sure yours will be on it's way this week. :) Some of the people from the June 2017 K1 thread who filed for their AOS last April are getting their EAD/AP combo. So i guess the average time is 4 months for it. Hopefully it'll stay that way. :D 

Glad to see you here again. I'll check on this thread from time to time. :) 

Hey!! Cats are awesome although the boy is not speaking to me much.... Like he sits with his back turned on purpose and goes crazy when my husband is home... But also gets jealous if my husband shows me attention... so I'm screwed on that one. I'm giving snacks to avoid jealousy!

It is nice to know you have a good environment for your kitty to be out! It is definitely relaxing for them (as long as they know how to come back....)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.