Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, SAndyyy said:

Where is your fiancé from? Mine is from Ghana and they practically need a visa to go everywhere. Particularly  West Africa has an extremely high rejection rate to come into the US as of late. Many West Africans are routinely rejected even to come and visit their spouses. It’s not easy. 

One fiancé is from England. Which is extremely low risk. 

Ur statement is fare and I completely understand where ur coming from. Was trying to give some inside due to a lot of people thinking they can't visit while going thru the process.. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

10 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

My fiancé has and is currently visiting me in the states. She hasn't had one issue entering either. We are still awaiting our noa2 but, have received a rfe last week. It's not impossible to visit while going thru this process. 

The relationship between the UK and the USA is quite different because usually you can travel on your passport which acts as your visa. Those who attempt to get any other type of visa (not traveling on their passport as the visa) will struggle at best. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I am filling out the Affidavit of support and mailing it to my fiancee with w9s, tax returns, and i will email him my pay stubs and letter from employer when it comes closer to time.

Once the NVC has our case do you know how long it takes for them to run the background check and then forward it to the London embassy?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

2-3 weeks after approval. but please don't wait for the hard copy. Review your P3 letter from your Embassy and see what is need. Best time is now to be working on your interview preparations.

Thanks Greenbaum. How do I find the P3 letter for Ghana?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just want to try to get some clearer information. Does USCIS really send over the petitions to NVC in ''Batches''? 

I ask because I was checking this out http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php and the 'NVC received' dates are all over the place and not just in batches. So that go me wondering.

7 hours ago, SAndyyy said:

Thanks Greenbaum. How do I find the P3 letter for Ghana?

I don't have a copy but if you were to get one and send me a copy I would have it for someone who would process behind you. Check the Embassy's website, check the portal here VJ and try and find information from your regions sub-forum. Also, use these instructions to find others who are going through Ghana who just might have a copy and share with you.

There are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them. Also, there is another place you can go and follow others who are processing the same time you are and for the same Embassy. Go to the blue ribbon at the top of this page and select "portals". Scroll down the left-hand side of the page till you get to VJ "your country's name" Timelines. Just below it you'll see "K-1" so you select it and out pops a window with others from your country.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

7 hours ago, Jen&Cal said:

I am filling out the Affidavit of support and mailing it to my fiancee with w9s, tax returns, and i will email him my pay stubs and letter from employer when it comes closer to time.

Once the NVC has our case do you know how long it takes for them to run the background check and then forward it to the London embassy?

Thanks

No need to send anything. It all can be sent in an email and printed on the other side of the Pond. Easier to get a IRS tax transcript for free and it can be downloaded from the link I will provide. The TT is only about 2 pages long.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

No need to send anything. It all can be sent in an email and printed on the other side of the Pond. Easier to get a IRS tax transcript for free and it can be downloaded from the link I will provide. The TT is only about 2 pages long.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

I was told it had to be a wet signature on the form. 

9 minutes ago, Jen&Cal said:

I was told it had to be a wet signature on the form. 

The I-134 requires a wet signature all other docs, a copy will suffice.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Our NOA2 arrived yesterday dated 31st august. Not the 4th sept like we were notified. i am correct in saying that this is our actual date that we received and use? 

It may be a silly question i know, just wondering when to call NVC. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Just want to try to get some clearer information. Does USCIS really send over the petitions to NVC in ''Batches''? 

I ask because I was checking this out http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php and the 'NVC received' dates are all over the place and not just in batches. So that go me wondering.

Yes they send in batches electronically every 2 weeks. There is not an official policy on this but look at the nvc forum for aug on sept 4 and see what people post, then go back every 2 weeks. It’s the process.

reason why timelines are all over the place e is because people might not find out their case is in transit till after a few days and they are putting the date the find out instead of the actual date is my best guess. 

Also if cases are sent manually and not electronically they don’t follow the 2 week pattern 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jack & Samantha said:

Our NOA2 arrived yesterday dated 31st august. Not the 4th sept like we were notified. i am correct in saying that this is our actual date that we received and use? 

It may be a silly question i know, just wondering when to call NVC. Thanks

14-21 calendar days. Mine took 23 days but I feel mine was longer than most. Hopefully you are a lucky one and get it in 14 days.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JayHouser said:

Do I use the NOA2 date on my hardcover or website?

Think ur looking as for when to start calling for nvc number. If u wait the 10 days on hard copy it would be best. Just gives them a few more days to do what they need to.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.