Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He had his interview on Monday in Lagos and we were approved! Thank you everyone for your help! Thank you Greenbaum for your wisdom and willingness to help others! God Bless!!!

1 minute ago, Jovia Rose said:

He had his interview on Monday in Lagos and we were approved! Thank you everyone for your help! Thank you Greenbaum for your wisdom and willingness to help others! God Bless!!!

Congrats. Be aware of the following:

Just about everyone goes through this process.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps to complete the processing of your visa:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hi everyone,

After a long K1 process my fiancé and I received the bad news a couple weeks ago that he has active tuberculosis and won't be permitted to travel to the US until he completes 6 months of supervised medical treatment and then re-takes the medical portion of the application and the sputum test (processing time is 2 months for this). So we're looking at an additional 8 months or more apart. 😥I have a few questions regarding the next steps and if anyone has been in this situation before or has insight into this kind of medical delay any help would be appreciated!

Our timeline went something like this: 

• Nov 2018: Fiancé has medical examination and the physician notices scarring on his chest x-ray and he takes the first sputum test for TB 
  • Dec 2018: Fiancé has interview in Johannesburg, South Africa and gets the news that our K1 visa has been approved! The embassy just needs his medical results before they give him his passport/visa
  • Jan 2018: Fiancé finds out that he has active TB and won't be permitted to travel to the US as planned. He begins TB treatment immediately under the supervision of the original doctor who administered the medical exam.

1. Do we have to notify the Johannesburg consulate that my fiancé is actively doing the TB treatment? As soon as the clinic realized he had TB, they sent the results to the embassy.  We were told this would put his case in a 'dormant' state and that as soon as treatment is completed he would be cleared for travel without issue. Is this correct? Do I need to worry about our case or any of our documents he provided at the interview expiring? 
  2. Do we have to prepare ourselves to re-do any other portion of the visa process? I assume since he passed his interview prior to learning of his TB diagnosis and they "approved" his visa that all they need at this point is a clean bill of health 8 months from now? 

If anyone has any information at all about what we should be preparing for in this situation please let me know. Most of my research of VisaJourney has turned up people getting diagnosed with TB prior to their interview, so I just want some assurance that as soon as he completes his medical treatment and is TB negative they will release his passport with the visa in it. 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, gkz123 said:

Hi everyone,

After a long K1 process my fiancé and I received the bad news a couple weeks ago that he has active tuberculosis and won't be permitted to travel to the US until he completes 6 months of supervised medical treatment and then re-takes the medical portion of the application and the sputum test (processing time is 2 months for this). So we're looking at an additional 8 months or more apart. 😥I have a few questions regarding the next steps and if anyone has been in this situation before or has insight into this kind of medical delay any help would be appreciated!

Our timeline went something like this: 

• Nov 2018: Fiancé has medical examination and the physician notices scarring on his chest x-ray and he takes the first sputum test for TB 
  • Dec 2018: Fiancé has interview in Johannesburg, South Africa and gets the news that our K1 visa has been approved! The embassy just needs his medical results before they give him his passport/visa
  • Jan 2018: Fiancé finds out that he has active TB and won't be permitted to travel to the US as planned. He begins TB treatment immediately under the supervision of the original doctor who administered the medical exam.

1. Do we have to notify the Johannesburg consulate that my fiancé is actively doing the TB treatment? Usually the medical facility contacts the embassy with an update to your exam results and the embassy will put you on "hold" till he completes the TB treatments. I personally would recommend that you follow up with both the medical facility and the embassy assuring you that they are BOTH on the same page.  As soon as the clinic realized he had TB, they sent the results to the embassy.  We were told this would put his case in a 'dormant' state and that as soon as treatment is completed he would be cleared for travel without issue. Is this correct? YES Do I need to worry about our case or any of our documents he provided at the interview expiring? NO as the embassy saw the documents within the time period they specified. But again, this is a question of the embassy. Don't leave anything to chance always confirm your suspicions with the either the medical facility and the embassy.
  2. Do we have to prepare ourselves to re-do any other portion of the visa process? I assume since he passed his interview prior to learning of his TB diagnosis and they "approved" his visa that all they need at this point is a clean bill of health 8 months from now? The only thing I can see that would "expire" is any local police report. Again, confirm with the embassy.

If anyone has any information at all about what we should be preparing for in this situation please let me know. Most of my research of VisaJourney has turned up people getting diagnosed with TB prior to their interview, so I just want some assurance that as soon as he completes his medical treatment and is TB negative they will release his passport with the visa in it. Once he completes the TB regiment and is cleared by the medical facility he then can proceed with the finality of his visa.

Thanks in advance!

I hope I have been some help. Good luck. Be glad that you caught this as TB can kill!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please have a doctor talk to your fiancé to make sure there are no chances of them developing a clot or have any cardiac issues. The doctors think my fiancé developed a clot during his flight. When I picked him up from the airport he complained of being exhausted, fatigued, stomach pains he thought from the airline food. He took something for the stomach pain and insisted that he just needed rest. He slept until about 3am and felt better and said the stomachache had gone. We talked for a while and planned the next day and went back to sleep. When he awoke the next morning he complained that maybe he had malaria because he felt really weak and his chest felt tight. I took him to the ER and his heart stopped moments after we arrived. He wasn’t here for a full day and he was gone. They were unable to revive him. The preliminary for autopsy revealed a clot had formed and had traveled to his heart.This is a nightmare and we are just devastated by his passing. All the time wasted in waiting for this process to end. All the plans we had made together and the life we wanted to share, just gone. I can’t let this happen to anyone else, so please please please make sure that you have your fiancé checked out thoroughly and educated about flight safety. I would have left everything here to be with him, but he wanted to ask my father for my hand in marriage. He was my world. I just thought you all should know if there’s a chance it could help someone else. It should really be a part of the P3 to educate first time flights

22 hours ago, Jovia Rose said:

Please have a doctor talk to your fiancé to make sure there are no chances of them developing a clot or have any cardiac issues. The doctors think my fiancé developed a clot during his flight. When I picked him up from the airport he complained of being exhausted, fatigued, stomach pains he thought from the airline food. He took something for the stomach pain and insisted that he just needed rest. He slept until about 3am and felt better and said the stomachache had gone. We talked for a while and planned the next day and went back to sleep. When he awoke the next morning he complained that maybe he had malaria because he felt really weak and his chest felt tight. I took him to the ER and his heart stopped moments after we arrived. He wasn’t here for a full day and he was gone. They were unable to revive him. The preliminary for autopsy revealed a clot had formed and had traveled to his heart.This is a nightmare and we are just devastated by his passing. All the time wasted in waiting for this process to end. All the plans we had made together and the life we wanted to share, just gone. I can’t let this happen to anyone else, so please please please make sure that you have your fiancé checked out thoroughly and educated about flight safety. I would have left everything here to be with him, but he wanted to ask my father for my hand in marriage. He was my world. I just thought you all should know if there’s a chance it could help someone else. It should really be a part of the P3 to educate first time flights

My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry to hear this news. We also experienced some deep sadness on the day of our approval his father passed suddenly that same night and now i am just supporting him in his grief before he comes. The process was long as well for us but at times i think there was a reason why it took so long. Keeping you in my prayers this is beyond what i could have imagined. God speed!

Edited by etapia

22 hours ago, Jovia Rose said:

First my condolences to you an your families. This is truly tragic. We all thank you for your posting and the warning it just might help someone else. My Doctor has and recommends for most to be on a low aspirin medication which will help defend against issues like what your fiancé endured. I am not a Doctor nor am I saying this is for everyone but you should get in touch with your Doctor and discuss the issue and for their opinion. All the best to  you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 9/7/2018 at 6:57 AM, crono_clone said:

Thank you! One of the guides on VJ mentioned having new letters of intent signed, so I'm not really sure if it's an actual embassy requirement. 

I signed mine already simply because I'm visiting my fiance right now so I wanted to be able to give him an original copy with a wet signature, but I'm sure it's fine even if you wait til closer to the interview. 

we got rejection on fiance visa how long it will take to approve my case? 

2 minutes ago, humaira khalid said:

we got rejection on fiance visa how long it will take to approve my case? 

You can't be in a denied state and expect a visa to be approved. It's one or the other but NOT both. Maybe you stated your question wrong.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 3/6/2019 at 8:47 AM, Greenbaum said:

First my condolences to you an your families. This is truly tragic. We all thank you for your posting and the warning it just might help someone else. My Doctor has and recommends for most to be on a low aspirin medication which will help defend against issues like what your fiancé endured. I am not a Doctor nor am I saying this is for everyone but you should get in touch with your Doctor and discuss the issue and for their opinion. All the best to  you.

very very sorry, dealing with rejection of my fianve visa. however, your loss is so big mine feels little now

5 minutes ago, humaira khalid said:

You may be right

The question is if the case sent back to NVC from your home emabssy for revokation, What does it usually meanss?

You have been Denied. Next step is decide if you want to get married and the file a CR-1.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, humaira khalid said:

whats the approval chances, Do I need to get pregnant to prove my relationship

No. That doesn't prove anything except that you are pregnant.

Just now, humaira khalid said:

Do I need an Immigration lawyer?

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to "fight" the outcome of the K-1 then that's a choice you can make. If you want a lawyer to do a CR-1 visa after you marry then again that's up to you but it's not needed. There are guides and people here that can help you. Again, your choice.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.