Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

I doubt BJ will be able to see now as they’ve have their visa. You will have to look when you’re ready to book. Hopefully money won’t be an issue for when he moves there and can’t work for 3-5months approx 

Money is not an issue for the bills here and our financial obligations here! We did not budget for the medical being as costly as it was as I indicated so the extra comment about money being an issue when he arrives was irrelevant and a bit offensive. Obviously I have to submit documentation as income verification just as you do in order for him to get here. I come here to get information not to be judged thank you!

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

I-129F Sent back due to fee error Feb 19, 2018

I-129-F Sent again February 20, 2018

NOA1 Received February 26, 2018 (Old Site)

NOA1 Received March 1, 2018 (New Site)

Check Cashed March 2, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Interview......February 7, 2019

Visa In Hand......February 14, 2019

POE.......February 28, 2019

Wedding Date March 6, 2019

1 hour ago, ObiChe said:

Money is not an issue for the bills here and our financial obligations here! We did not budget for the medical being as costly as it was as I indicated so the extra comment about money being an issue when he arrives was irrelevant and a bit offensive. Obviously I have to submit documentation as income verification just as you do in order for him to get here. I come here to get information not to be judged thank you!

That was no judgemental actually. I was actually trying to help you and be nice. See ya 👋🏽

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, ObiChe said:

Do you have the updated dates available? We are trying to get the money together and di not realize the medical was going to cost so much including travel to London. I can't wait for this ish to be over with. I need my baby home and BADLY!!

Your NOA2 has a date indicated that your interview should be completed by. This is only a request as the Embassies prefer to keep everyone moving and not waiting months to interview. Having said that if you need more time, then contact the Embassy and ask for an additional 4 months and with good reason they should grant the request. This is a costly venture and when you add travel expenses it can add up fast. BTW you have up to a year to process so if you need an additional after 4 then again call the London Embassy and make the request.

I have heard that some have done their vaccinations outside and when they went to the medical the presented the receipt that showed which ones were completed. That saved them some money.

Go over to the sub-forum for London where there are others that are more genial in their reply's and probably more knowledgeable.

London sub-forum on VJ

There are experts over in the sub-forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/  This is where others from your country who are processing or those who have completed their interview and they can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your support and assistance with questions I had during this process, just want to let everybody know our K-1 visa is now approved, we still need to wait for it but waiting two more weeks is not a problem at this point.

What the next step after this, which forum should I now be following?

Thanks again.

Edited by DNZ14

8 minutes ago, DNZ14 said:

Thank you all for your support and assistance with questions I had during this process, just want to let everybody know our K-1 visa is now approved, we still need to wait for it but waiting two more weeks is not a problem at this point.

What the next step after this, which forum should I now be following?

Thanks again.

Congratulations. Here is where you go next

And for your evening reading material you can start with these links:

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should also check in with your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy - Juarez Mexico.

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the Juarez K1 Embassy instructions at http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf (Spanish) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing (English) as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use this website as a checklist. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-Mx/iv

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

I do not know my fiances language that well but I can understand it when he is talking to me. Can we ask for an English translator in the interview?

1 minute ago, etapia said:

I do not know my fiances language that well but I can understand it when he is talking to me. Can we ask for an English translator in the interview?

You will automatically get a English speaking CO and some are equipped to use the native language. Yes, you can ask for an English translator if the CO at your window does not speak English.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You will automatically get a English speaking CO and some are equipped to use the native language. Yes, you can ask for an English translator if the CO at your window does not speak English.

Thank you so much. I am so nervous. 

4 minutes ago, etapia said:

Thank you so much. I am so nervous. 

One you get in front of the CO for the interview that will be the easy part. It's the paperwork and waiting that drags people down. You'll be in front of the CO for not more than 5 min. Most of the questions are based on how well you know him. Here is a list of some of the questions that will be asked.

-What is the name of your fiancé/e?

-Where did you meet?

-When did you meet?

-How did you meet?

-When are you planning to get married?

-What is your fiancé/es work?

-Have you gone out of the country?

-How long were you out of the country?

-How many times has your fiancé/e visited you?

-Where did you go when your fiancé/e visited you?

-Do you plan to have kids?

-Where do you plan on staying in the US?

-name and DOB

-what year did you meet

-How did you meet

-what are your fiancé parents' names

-your fiancé's employer and job

-have either of you been married before

-other countries you've been to

-do you have kids together

These are some of the questions but rest assure that all the questions will be about the petitioner, the beneficiary, and the relationship. Always tell the truth even if the truth is "I don't know". Don't rush in answering and give a straightforward answer. Look the CO in the eye when answering and smile. Don't give a novel as your answer. Just brief and concise. Don't volunteer any information unless asked, this could send you down the wrong road.

Don't forget to ask if you passed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

22 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

One you get in front of the CO for the interview that will be the easy part. It's the paperwork and waiting that drags people down. You'll be in front of the CO for not more than 5 min. Most of the questions are based on how well you know him. Here is a list of some of the questions that will be asked.

-What is the name of your fiancé/e?

-Where did you meet?

-When did you meet?

-How did you meet?

-When are you planning to get married?

-What is your fiancé/es work?

-Have you gone out of the country?

-How long were you out of the country?

-How many times has your fiancé/e visited you?

-Where did you go when your fiancé/e visited you?

-Do you plan to have kids?

-Where do you plan on staying in the US?

-name and DOB

-what year did you meet

-How did you meet

-what are your fiancé parents' names

-your fiancé's employer and job

-have either of you been married before

-other countries you've been to

-do you have kids together

These are some of the questions but rest assure that all the questions will be about the petitioner, the beneficiary, and the relationship. Always tell the truth even if the truth is "I don't know". Don't rush in answering and give a straightforward answer. Look the CO in the eye when answering and smile. Don't give a novel as your answer. Just brief and concise. Don't volunteer any information unless asked, this could send you down the wrong road.

Don't forget to ask if you passed.

We had our interview today and shockingly they did not ask my fiance much, they asked me majority of the questions as to when we met and how many times did I visit since then. The medical results were delayed and the CO could not give us an answer as to a no or yes, but my fiance did his medical back in November. We called the medical after the interview and they apologized and said they will give it to us tomorrow. Why couldn't the CO answer if we were approved or not? He did say we will not have anymore interviews. So I'm confused

1 minute ago, etapia said:

We had our interview today and shockingly they did not ask my fiance much, they asked me majority of the questions as to when we met and how many times did I visit since then. The medical results were delayed and the CO could not give us an answer as to a no or yes, but my fiance did his medical back in November. We called the medical after the interview and they apologized and said they will give it to us tomorrow. Why couldn't the CO answer if we were approved or not? He did say we will not have anymore interviews. So I'm confused

Because your medical results are part of the adjudication process. Without the medical they can't approve you because they need the medical to approve you. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Because your medical results are part of the adjudication process. Without the medical they can't approve you because they need the medical to approve you. 

Thank you @Greenbaum you are always on time. We really appreciate your assistance with everything. You are a God send.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, etapia said:

Thank you @Greenbaum you are always on time. We really appreciate your assistance with everything. You are a God send.

By any chance is there any reason we still can get denied even though the CO said all we needed was our medical results and there would be no more interviews after this one. I think I'm just tired of waiting and wanting his visa in hand

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, etapia said:

By any chance is there any reason we still can get denied even though the CO said all we needed was our medical results and there would be no more interviews after this one. I think I'm just tired of waiting and wanting his visa in hand

Usually if they told you that you are approved and only waiting on medical and IF the medical is signed off on then 99% of the time you get your visa. There are very rare cases that someone gets denied after coming this far. If there anything wrong then they would have caught it at USCIS.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Finally arrived at our apartment after POE at JFK. Very smooth, didn’t ask us any questions just took our packet and stamped the passport in secondary. Now to sleep 😴 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.