10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sorry If it's been asked before but I really don't find this in any Argentina Portal so i wanted to ask here if anybody knows. Apparently the P3 includes the legalization of the birth certificate if you're outside the C.A.B.A but I have it plastificated and in the page says they can't do it like that. What can I do?

Is there anywhere else I can ask this if this is the wrong place? Sorry for the question again, and thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I don't know if the Buenos Aires embassy accept laminated BC. Mine was not laminated. But if you need it legalized and it's laminated and it can't be removed (without destroying the paper) then you will have to get another certified copy of the birth certificate at the civil registry. Then have it legalized at the Ministerio del Interior (if you were born outside Buenos Aires).

PS: If you were born outside Buenos Aires then you NEED to have it legalized at the Ministerio del Interior. Do not skip that step or they are gonna put you on hold (at the embassy) until you get that done.

Edited by Sunnyland

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

I don't know if the Buenos Aires embassy accept laminated BC. Mine was not laminated. But if you need it legalized and it's laminated and it can't be removed (without destroying the paper) then you will have to get another certified copy of the birth certificate at the civil registry. Then have it legalized at the Ministerio del Interior (if you were born outside Buenos Aires).

PS: If you were born outside Buenos Aires then you NEED to have it legalized at the Ministerio del Interior. Do not skip that step or they are gonna put you on hold (at the embassy) until you get that done.

Thank you so much for your reply! Yes I was thinking doing that because I don't want to risk it. Now, I don't know if you can ask for more than one certified copy. Btw, I'm in Lanus so I was kinda insecure about having to do it or not. 

Oh and another question (sorry) - do you know if I can schedule my interview? Because from what I've seen, Buenos Aires embassy schedule it for you, but I'd want it first days of October, and since I have my medical at 25th September (by choice) I don't want them to overstep. Thank you!!

Timeline

No problem. When I had my K1 interview in 2011 they used to schedule your interview by email and they did it with one month notice.  I think they still do it for you but you have check this by contacting the embassy. 

As per the BC, I'm sure you can get more than one certified copy at the civil registry. You may have to pay extra for additional copies. 

Back then when I received my email instructions from the embassy it was stated there that any document issued by any civil register of any Argentine province or Bs As suburb (birth, marriage, etc) must be legalized at the Ministerio del Interior (calle 25 de mayo 179 Cap Fed). If the instructions you got is the same then I'm afraid you will need your BC legalized since Lanus is in the suburbs. 

Which doctor you are using? I used Dr Kelly. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

No problem. When I had my K1 interview in 2011 they used to schedule your interview by email and they did it with one month notice.  I think they still do it for you but you have check this by contacting the embassy. 

As per the BC, I'm sure you can get more than one certified copy at the civil registry. You may have to pay extra for additional copies. 

Back then when I received my email instructions from the embassy it was stated there that any document issued by any civil register of any Argentine province or Bs As suburb (birth, marriage, etc) must be legalized at the Ministerio del Interior (calle 25 de mayo 179 Cap Fed). If the instructions you got is the same then I'm afraid you will need your BC legalized since Lanus is in the suburbs. 

Which doctor you are using? I used Dr Kelly. 

Thank you! Yeah, the email instruccions I bet they're the same because they asked for it. Hopefully I can get a copy of it so I can legalize it. 

Nice! I bet it was less expensive than now haha. I scheduled my appointment with Dr. Grillo, because I emailed both of them and he never replied back. She did, so I asked her a few questions about the vaccines and I scheduled the appointment last week with her. But I bet they're both good.

Timeline

Yes, hurry up with the BC because I'm not sure if you need to schedule an appointment at the civil registry or you can walk in and those certified copies can take several weeks to be ready. Also make sure if you don't need it translated. Back then they allowed you to translate your own document if you were proficient in English but I don't know if now it needs to be done by a public translator.

When I did my appmt with Dr Kelly my vaccination book was not very completed so he sent me to the Lab Dr Stamboulian (downtown) to get a blood test to see which vaccines were missing and then they gave me a flu shot (mandatory for US) and some hepatitis vaccine I needed. 

If later on you have any last minute question, feel free to private message me (spanish or english). I know how crazy it was to do everything in timely manner for the embassy. Had a lot of fun running from one place to the next. Then the lady that interviewed me was so nice. It was more like a friendly chat. The only thing missing was the coffee. :P  The environment at the embassy for this kind of visas is more 'relaxed". 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

Yes, hurry up with the BC because I'm not sure if you need to schedule an appointment at the civil registry or you can walk in and those certified copies can take several weeks to be ready. Also make sure if you don't need it translated. Back then they allowed you to translate your own document if you were proficient in English but I don't know if now it needs to be done by a public translator.

When I did my appmt with Dr Kelly my vaccination book was not very completed so he sent me to the Lab Dr Stamboulian (downtown) to get a blood test to see which vaccines were missing and then they gave me a flu shot (mandatory for US) and some hepatitis vaccine I needed. 

If later on you have any last minute question, feel free to private message me (spanish or english). I know how crazy it was to do everything in timely manner for the embassy. Had a lot of fun running from one place to the next. Then the lady that interviewed me was so nice. It was more like a friendly chat. The only thing missing was the coffee. :P  The environment at the embassy for this kind of visas is more 'relaxed". 

Yes I'll search if I have to make an appointment or not and try to do it this month if possible (next week I have to get my police certificate) and I think they take about a week. So I'll get it as fast as I can.

Oh nice! If I'm not mistaken I need just one or two vaccines which is good .

Thank you so much!! You've been so much help already, although I'm sure I'll need more help until the interview, so If it's not a problem I'd message you soon haha. I'm so glad your experience was good at the interview! I'm a little nervous but from what I've heard, it seems pretty relaxed. If I'm lucky maybe my fiance would be there with me, but we'll see. 😝

Thank you so much again 😊

Timeline

Good luck! You can PM me anytime if you have any questions. Since Argentina is not that high risk country the presence of the US petitioner is not really mandatory/necessary but it does not hurt of course. The environment there inside the embassy was super relaxed. Pretty much every beneficiary/couple got approved.

When I did my K1 interview there were some people (most girls) with their US petitioner bfs. My then bf (now husband) was not able to attend the interview with me because of his new job but  we also wanted to save $$$ to do the AOS later after my arrival and the wedding in the US. It's advisable to do the aos  as soon as you marry so you can start getting your work permit and advance parole for travel (takes like 3-6 months) process on going while you wait for your temporary greencard approval (which can take more than 12 months).

Edited by Sunnyland

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

Good luck! You can PM me anytime if you have any questions. Since Argentina is not that high risk country the presence of the US petitioner is not really mandatory/necessary but it does not hurt of course. The environment there inside the embassy was super relaxed. Pretty much every beneficiary/couple got approved.

When I did my K1 interview there were some people (most girls) with their US petitioner bfs. My then bf (now husband) was not able to attend the interview with me because of his new job but  we also wanted to save $$$ to do the AOS later after my arrival and the wedding in the US. It's advisable to do the aos  as soon as you marry so you can start getting your work permit and advance parole for travel (takes like 3-6 months) process on going while you wait for your temporary greencard approval (which can take more than 12 months).

Oh wow I'm glad everything went smooth for you at the interview even though your husband was not there! He wants to come but if he can't, I'll be more relaxed knowing it's very chill there. Also, saying birth certificate I meant Certificado de Nacimiento (although I think I need the Partida de Nacimiento). Either way, I need to legalize them so haha.

We'll saving money as well because we know it's quite expensive, and me not working for a few months it's kinda scary.

Thank you so much for being so sweet and helpful! I hope you're living your best life there with the hubby! It seems like you've been living there for a lot of years now, how nice! 😊

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Hey guys! I'm having my interview on Wednesday and I have a big doubt: Do I need to take my ORIGINAL birth certificate with me to the interview? I've already submitted a certified copy with the P3

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.