AlexGR

Tax, court and address related questions

1 post in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

I would like to ask a few questions.

I am a DV winner and I was granted in New York a GC on November of 2015 valid for 10 years in. 

1. Is it true that LPR's have to wait 5 years until they apply for free or subsidized healthcare?

I received free madicaid for about two years when my income was very low as I proved by my tax returns and now I withdraw completely

from madicaid.

Is this going to be a trouble when I apply for GC renewal or citizenship in the future? Because I haven't find a definitive answer yet.

2. In 2016, After I received my GC for the first time in November 2015, my accountant advised me that I don't have to file a tax return for 2015 since I didn't have any income from a job and was a new resident for about a couple of months only. 

Does this constitute any form of violation of my LPR status? Should I reply yes to the question in N-400

A. "Have YOU ever not filed a Federal, state or local tax return since you became a lawful permanent resident? 

B. IF you answered "Yes", did you consider yourself to be a "non-U.S. resident"?

3. In January 2018 I had a small claims court which I had initiated against a client who refused to pay for my services for the business I maintain from home and the client won the case. 
I also got a traffic ticket for cellphone but I plead not guilty and I appointed an attorney to represent me and he

successfully dismissed the fine and the points on my driver's license.

Should I mention these incidents to my naturalization application and if yes how and in which line exactly I should mention it.

4. I noticed in a UCSIS confirmation email I received when I changed address a couple of years ago that I had mistakenly wrote 83th St. instead of 83th Ave.

All the other information is correct and as I checked in the USPS website, if I put 27th St, it comes up a suggestion that the right address is 27th Ave.

Also, in google maps wen I put the wrong address, it shows the right place on the map and I see a photo of my apartment.

Should I contact UCSIS and let them know of this error or is it something minor since the address still points to the correct location on the map?

* I suppose since I received my GC, that I don't have any pending case anymore with the UCSIS so they wouldn't need to send me any document after that point.

Am I correct? 

Thank you 

Edited by AlexGR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.