35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My Husband and I got Married on Dec 2016. My husband has been working on my papers from March 2017 to get me to the United States. 2 months ago on June 14 2018 I had my interview in the U.S embassy in Lebanon(Beirut) my husband and I had high hopes that after the interview I'll get my visa stamped. The interview was good. My hubby had sent me all the documents I need from his side and when he was in Lebanon for an 8 months stay we both got all the documents needed from me. Not a single document missing. So after the interview I was surprised that I got refused under the section 221(g) we got shocked because we weren't expecting that. I have no idea why I've been found ineligible for visa issuance. Neither does my husband. They sure know that our marriage is no fraud cause we had a religious wedding and a small party after, we have thousands of pictures together, we went to Jordan for our honeymoon, we have more than  50,000 messages and calls, video calls on facebook, whatsapp, etc... And above all he left his work in the U.S and came to Lebanon for an 8 months stay where we lived together. It's really hard for us to live apart he had 3 trips to beirut and 1 to jordan since we got married in addition to the financial burden of the trips and monthly support of two households. We both have clean background. He's a legal citizen who pays alot of tax. But  my case got in Adminstrative processing. I've been reading alot of forums lately and it turned out that some people it's taking them months and some of them years, and this is really frustrating for both of us, and he can't leave his work anymore for another trip. My papers will be 2 months of administrative processing on 17 August. My Hubby sent them an email asking about the timeline but the embassy replied with an email I believe they send to everyone in AP.  Share your story and wish us luck :) 

IMG_20180807_174222.jpg

Timeline

My Husband and I got Married on Dec 2016. My husband has been working on my papers from March 2017 to get me to the United States. 2 months ago on June 14 2018 I had my interview in the U.S embassy in Lebanon(Beirut) my husband and I had high hopes that after the interview I'll get my visa stamped. The interview was good. My hubby had sent me all the documents I need from his side and when he was in Lebanon for an 8 months stay we both got all the documents needed from me. Not a single document missing. So after the interview I was surprised that I got refused under the section 221(g) we got shocked because we weren't expecting that. I have no idea why I've been found ineligible for visa issuance. Neither does my husband. They sure know that our marriage is no fraud cause we had a religious wedding and a small party after, we have thousands of pictures together, we went to Jordan for our honeymoon, we have more than  50,000 messages and calls, video calls on facebook, whatsapp, etc... And above all he left his work in the U.S and came to Lebanon for an 8 months stay where we lived together. It's really hard for us to live apart he had 3 trips to beirut and 1 to jordan since we got married in addition to the financial burden of the trips and monthly support of two households. We both have clean background. He's a legal citizen who pays alot of tax. But  my case got in Adminstrative processing. I've been reading alot of forums lately and it turned out that some people it's taking them months and some of them years, and this is really frustrating for both of us, and he can't leave his work anymore for another trip. My papers will be 2 months of administrative processing on 17 August. My Hubby sent them an email asking about the timeline but the embassy replied with an email I believe they send to everyone in AP.  Share your story and wish us luck :)

IMG_20180807_174222.jpg

Edited by Questionaire

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

If they gave you a 221 at the interview your reason for denial or refusal is gonna be listed there. Take another look. 

@TNJ17  we really don't understand whyIMG_20180807_182433.thumb.jpg.af752595dc4eac3f372e5f261215414e.jpg

Edited by Questionaire

The DS-5535 review can take weeks or months (and rarely a year or longer) to hear back, unfortunately. It's additional background checks.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I’m no expert, but by reviewing that form I’m guessing they’re questioning something about your union, therefore they’re doing thorough background checks and such. Especially since they’re requesting social media info. I know someone else who went through that and it took a while (don’t remember how long exactly) but they eventually got approved. Hopefully the same will happen with your case. A refusal doesn’t mean it’s a denial. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Normal part of the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Did you receive a denial letter? 

ROC

12/11/2018 - I-751 mailed (requested a fee waiver) to Lewisville, TX via FedEx

12/13/2018 - package delivered 

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

01/29/2019 - received biometrics appointment letter

02/08/2019 - biometrics completed

I looked up this DS-5355 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" - it seems like they suspected you in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities.

Did you e-mail them and request this form DS-5355?

Did denial letter instruct you to do anything else, besides form DS-5355?

I found helpful information here: 

https://mypathtocitizenship.com/ds-5535-administrative-processing-ds-5535-how-long-does-take/

Administrative Processing After DS-5535, Was I Denied?

Being placed on administrative processing doesn’t mean you were denied. After submitting form DS-5535, the consular officer may need additional time to complete background checks and review the documents you submitted. It’s next to impossible to speed up the review process and there is no expedite available once it gets to this stage.

Most cases that are going to be denied are given form 221(g) that will state that they intend to deny the visa or return it to USCIS. This is called Notice of Intent To Revoke (NOIR) and you’ll be given 30 days to respond with additional evidence before your case is denied.

Edited by Kiolas

ROC

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kiolas said:

I looked up this DS-5355 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" - it seems like they suspected you in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities.

Did you e-mail them and request this form DS-5355?

Did denial letter instruct you to do anything else, besides form DS-5355?

@Kiolas yes my hubby and I filled the form and sent it the very next day of my interview. But we don't hear anything from them till now,and they didn't ask for anything more. Yes I believe that my country is one of the restricted countries. Anw I really hope it won't take long because our anniversary is coming and I'd hate to spend it with us apart. Plus I've gave the embassy everything they need. 

@Questionaire As state in the article, if you get a Notice of Intent To Revoke (NOIR), make sure you appeal within 30 days.

In addition, your husband may contact a Congressman or Senator regarding this issue. 

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.