Anita27

AOS, Advance Parol filling fee

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello VJ family. So I got my NOA for AOS ( together with EAD and AP) and to my surprise I got a rejection notice for my travel document  (I-131) saying that the payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided. Other forms ( AOS and EAD) have been accepted . I was sure that the only payment I should have made was 1225$ for all the documents. EAD and AP were supposed to be free if I was applying together with AOS. Has anyone had the same issue?  I'm going to call USCIS tomorrow to see what's going on. I just came home late and didn't manage to call today. 

Thank you!

Timeline
1 minute ago, little immigrant said:

I would send it again with the I-485 NOA and an explanation letter that the fee is waived. 

Thank you so much for the reply! I will call them tomorrow and see what they say. If nothing happens, will send a letter for sure. This is really frustrating. I mean I haven't seen anyone here having the same issue.

I have. Many times. You're not the only one.

Maybe even send a copy of their instructions highlighting the paragraph which mentions the fee is waived. Just to annoy them. 😁

BTW send a copy of the I-485 NOA not the original. You might need it again later. 

Edited by little immigrant

Timeline
1 minute ago, little immigrant said:

I have. Many times. You're not the only one.

Maybe even send a copy of their instructions highlighting the paragraph which mentions the fee is waived. Just to annoy them. 😁

Haha! Will definitely do 🤣 Thanks again. It just means more waiting :(

Timeline
3 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

Yes and it's possible that you won't get the combo card. But at least they already started working on your AOS and EAD so that's definitely good. Good luck and keep us updated about what they tell you tomorrow. I'm curious. 

That's what I was think about too. Thank you. I appreciate that. Will update tomorrow for sure! Have a good night.

Timeline
2 hours ago, little immigrant said:

@Anita27 Hi, what did they say? 

Hello..So I called and after waiting forever I was able to speak to someone. They told me that they will put an inquiry and will let me know this week. :(

Timeline
On 8/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, little immigrant said:

Well it's Friday. Did they call you back? 

They didn't call me back. I called again and they told me there must have been a mistake and I need to resubmit the application again along with the copy of I-485 notice of action. So just a waste of time for me.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

I'm sorry this happened. 

Thank you! I'm just happy that I have at least some movement in my case. Got my biometrics appointment letter. So fingers crossed! Thanks again for the reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.