TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 minutes ago, VickeySis said:

Have actually learned from his sister how to make several of his favorite Paki dishes, and of course chutney😉😉 trying to help his transition be as smoother as possible. 

I am also definitely going to be stocking up on spices while we are there and bringing them back with us. He has been in Abu Dhabi for 5 years, and I just want to make sure he has no regrets not being with everyone before leaving and not being able to return for awhile. 

Have you got anything planned for a going away party or anything????

He’s a lucky man he found a gem in you. 

Oh no special party to be held. Just a small gathering only. Just our family. Because i dont want to be emotional before i leave. I hate the word Goodbye.hehehehe.

We(filipinos) are known to have a strong family ties. We find difficult to be apart with our family. That’s why i opted not. Spending time with them will be enough before flying. 

What steps did you take to change your embassy?

13 minutes ago, nyaliss said:

Hi all! New member and still waiting for NOA2. January feels like a lifetime ago.

Welcome! Don’t forget to fill out your timeline 💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
13 minutes ago, nyaliss said:

Hi all! New member and still waiting for NOA2. January feels like a lifetime ago.

I agree...it does seem like a lifetime ago! Welcome!!! :)

new uscis site: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ 

• i129F sent: 29 January 2018 
  • old site received date: 31 January 2018 
  • new site received date: 5 Feb 2018 
  • NOA1 paper copy notice date: 5 Feb 2018 
  • NOA2: 7 Aug 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucy&Jason said:

He’s a lucky man he found a gem in you. 

Oh no special party to be held. Just a small gathering only. Just our family. Because i dont want to be emotional before i leave. I hate the word Goodbye.hehehehe.

We(filipinos) are known to have a strong family ties. We find difficult to be apart with our family. That’s why i opted not. Spending time with them will be enough before flying. 

What steps did you take to change your embassy?

Besides AMAZING Filipino food which I totally miss not being in Abu Dhabi I worked with many lovely Filipinos and was treated to special food all the time♥️

I love eastern family ties and connection it is truly something as a “western” I gravitated towards my fiancé’s culture and heritage. 

I was told once we receive case number from NVC that is when I inform of the requested change and follow up with islamabad to inform them they will be receiving our case God willing. 

And i I am right there with you, I hate the word goodbye, and yes you are right it will be a bittersweet departure but hopefully you and your honey will be able to make plans for your return visit in the next year or so♥️♥️♥️♥️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all, for all you active members and all lurkers. 

Has any January filer received a RFE? I'm seeing a lot of approvals but no RFEs.

So guys, if you receive a RFE please say so we know what's going on. Because I feel like people don't inform their RFEs until they get their NoA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So how can I change mu embassy for nvc process?? Supposly i have to go to cd juarez in mexico right now things are kind of violent there, i would like to change to mexico city where my parents live and they can take care of my kids meanwhile i go to interview. Anyways going to cd juarez I would have to make a stope there and leave kids, can I do that??? Change embassy i. The same country just different city?? I hope this week for all the january filers waiting for visa like me we can get approval! 

34 minutes ago, Kamka said:

Hi my dear Janubies,

We finally got approved.

Old site NOA1 - 26.01

New site NOA1 - 02.02

NOA2 - 3rd of August :)

I didn't get e-mail or notification. I checked new site today and here we are.  

Good luck to all of you!

Be patient my friends!

20 minutes ago, AlexisCC said:

Guys...we got APPROVED...

old site jan 26th

new site February 1st

no email no text no nothing just checked on the new site today

still kinda in awe at what just happened...

C4C146F9-8AF1-4746-A530-7C6BC487A311.png

Congrats to both of you!  So happy for you both!

event.png        event.png

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

06/19/2017:  Met online on a dating site (Date in Asia)

11/10/2017:  Met in person 1st time (traveled to Philippines: 11/8/2017 - 11/20/2017)

01/29/2018:  I-129F petition sent to the USCIS Dallas lockbox via USPS

01/31/2018:  I-129F petition delivered and signed by USCIS

02/06/2018:  Check was cashed ($535); Received acceptance confirmation email and text from USCIS; Case being transferred to CSC

02/08/2018:  NOA1 hard copy received via USPS (NOA1 received date: 01/31/2018; NOA1 notice date: 02/05/2018)

08/09/2018:  I-129F petition approved (total wait time: 190 days from received date and 185 days from notice date) 

08/13/2018:  NOA2 hard copy received via USPS

08/22/2018:  NVC received I-129F petition

08/23/2018:  NVC assigned case number

09/03/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 1)

09/04/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 2)

09/04/2018:  NVC sent I-129F petition to embassy

09/05/2018:  Embassy received I-129F petition

09/23/2018:  Met in person 2nd time (traveled to Philippines: 09/21/2018 - 10/07/2018)

09/24/2018:  Interview - Approved! (Interview took 236 days from received date and 231 days from notice date)

09/25/2018:  Attended the CFO - GCP session

09/28/2018:  Visa packet in hand (picked up at Robinson's Mall in Bacolod, Philippines)

10/03/2018:  Flew from BCD to MNL and back to get CFO - GCP sticker

10/06/2018:  POE at JFK airport in New York

10/22/2018:  Received marriage license application (applied on 10/17/2018)

11/07/2018:  Received SSN card (applied on 10/24/2018)

11/10/2018:  Married to my Honeybun!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2018:  Packet sent to the USCIS Chicago lockbox via USPS

11/29/2018:  Packet delivered and signed by USCIS

12/05/2018:  Check was cashed ($1225); Received three acceptance confirmation texts (one for each form) from the USCIS

12/11/2018:  NOA1 hard copies received (one for each form) via USPS (NOA1 received date: 11/29/2018; NOA1 notice date: 12/03/2018)

12/13/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 12/07/2018)

12/26/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment at 9:00am at the USCIS Application Support Center in Charleston, SC

01/02/2019:  AOS case status update:  Ready to schedule interview

01/09/2019:  AOS case status update:  Interview scheduled

01/12/2019:  Interview appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 01/09/2019)

02/19/2019:  Interview for AOS:  I-485 - Approved

02/25/2019:  Green card received in mail

ROC

01/02/2019 *State ID card - Applied and received temporary paper ID....waiting on real physical card ID.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, JDY said:

So how can I change mu embassy for nvc process?? Supposly i have to go to cd juarez in mexico right now things are kind of violent there, i would like to change to mexico city where my parents live and they can take care of my kids meanwhile i go to interview. Anyways going to cd juarez I would have to make a stope there and leave kids, can I do that??? Change embassy i. The same country just different city?? I hope this week for all the january filers waiting for visa like me we can get approval! 

I don't think you can go to a different one even if you wanted to. Just like in Brazil, only one consulate in Mexico does the interviews for immigrant visas.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/the-interview/

https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/

Edited by SilverMonk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hey guys,

what is this new site you are talking about? Our notice date is 25th January. We are checking https://www.uscis.gov/ "check case status " . Is there another site you are looking at? Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.