893 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
8 minutes ago, jessicashmessica said:

We’re also July filers (Potomac) and I’m trying very hard to not get excited but mid-June applications are getting approved right now and I’m very excited, despite my best attempts not to be. 

Really?? Is that only for Potomac?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Musicsaves said:

Really?? Is that only for Potomac?

I think so. I only really check Potomac (Igor’s list here on VJ), and it’s moving very quickly. I did check the other processing centers and, whew, they seem very slow. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Just now, jessicashmessica said:

I think so. I only really check Potomac (Igor’s list here on VJ), and it’s moving very quickly. I did check the other processing centers and, whew, they seem very slow. 

I naively thought they go to service centers based on your geographic location and was hoping for Potomac since I sent mine from NY but alas it went to Texas... do you know where I can find this list? I find the vj website difficult to navigate for some reason.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Musicsaves said:

I naively thought they go to service centers based on your geographic location and was hoping for Potomac since I sent mine from NY but alas it went to Texas... do you know where I can find this list? I find the vj website difficult to navigate for some reason.

It’s impossible to navigate lol.

Here’s Texas below. It looks like they’re only approving April applications rn:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=3&option=2&sortby=2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
3 hours ago, jessicashmessica said:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=3&option=2&sortby=2

Nebraska is only on February... that's where ours is.... does anyone know how accurate these dates are? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrsdoupe said:

Nebraska is only on February... that's where ours is.... does anyone know how accurate these dates are? 

These are VJers who are providing their own NOA2 dates. The list is compiled by Igor/VJ from what people are putting in their timelines. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, jessicashmessica said:

These are VJers who are providing their own NOA2 dates. The list is compiled by Igor/VJ from what people are putting in their timelines. 

Thank you so much

10 hours ago, jessicashmessica said:

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mrsdoupe said:

Thank you so much

Again, the dates are accurate because these are actual cases that actual VJers are reporting. You can almost always click each couple’s timeline and see their comments celebrating getting their NOA2s. 

On 11/15/2018 at 9:21 AM, Musicsaves said:

I too have those panic mode days...the days where I check our case stauts for any change even though they give NO info, and when I pour through visa journey posts. I'm also wondering how soon to get the police report, and wondering how my husband will obtain any vaccine record in romania where these things were not done when he was born into a comminist leadership. Any advice from anyone is so appreciated 😊 Love and patience to all of us!

Yes! The vaccine record situation is still freaking me out even though I asked my attorney at that won't be needed for the medical exam, but still. Other posts have mentioned needing it. I would love for someone to clear this up.

And update for those who replied to my last few posts: I went to visit my husband this past week and we were able to get his passport issued the same day he applied. I would love to travel with him outside of his country, but dominicans have very limited countries they are allowed to visit without a visa. And the ones he is free to travel to have some expensive flight prices.

btw I see Texas is currently approving April and May. I saw one June filer was approved so far at TX. So close!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Yes! The vaccine record situation is still freaking me out even though I asked my attorney at that won't be needed for the medical exam, but still. Other posts have mentioned needing it. I would love for someone to clear this up.

And update for those who replied to my last few posts: I went to visit my husband this past week and we were able to get his passport issued the same day he applied. I would love to travel with him outside of his country, but dominicans have very limited countries they are allowed to visit without a visa. And the ones he is free to travel to have some expensive flight prices.

On the vaccination record, check the country specific embassy/consulate information here in VJ, and look for comments about the medical exam in the city you plan on going to for the exam.  Based on the research I have done, the vaccination record is not a requirement for the medical exam, but if you go to the medical without a vaccination record, you will have to pay for and receive all of the vaccinations required from your country of origin, even if you have had them before.  The advantage of having a record of previous vaccinations, is that you can take it with you to the medical, show it to the staff, and if it is a standard government-issued or medical office document, they will most likely not make you get the vaccinations done again if you have already had them.  Some people who do not have any records have chosen to find out which vaccinations are required, and then go to a local health clinic to get all of them done again and keep the record because it is much more expensive at the US consulate approved doctors.  So do some research for your country, but the bottom line is, there is no need to freak out, as if you have no record, you will receive the vaccinations at the medical exam.  Just be prepared to pay more and maybe take a day longer before the medical is done.  Best of luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

On the vaccination record, check the country specific embassy/consulate information here in VJ, and look for comments about the medical exam in the city you plan on going to for the exam.  Based on the research I have done, the vaccination record is not a requirement for the medical exam, but if you go to the medical without a vaccination record, you will have to pay for and receive all of the vaccinations required from your country of origin, even if you have had them before.  The advantage of having a record of previous vaccinations, is that you can take it with you to the medical, show it to the staff, and if it is a standard government-issued or medical office document, they will most likely not make you get the vaccinations done again if you have already had them.  Some people who do not have any records have chosen to find out which vaccinations are required, and then go to a local health clinic to get all of them done again and keep the record because it is much more expensive at the US consulate approved doctors.  So do some research for your country, but the bottom line is, there is no need to freak out, as if you have no record, you will receive the vaccinations at the medical exam.  Just be prepared to pay more and maybe take a day longer before the medical is done.  Best of luck.

I'm filing for my husband from togo. I had him get his already.  It was expensive.  So I figured we could save time and money later

So you would recommend for the beneficiary to get the vaccinations done anytime prior to the medical exam and just bring the new records there?

I did see that for the dominican republic the vaccination records was something that was on the "to bring list."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

So you would recommend for the beneficiary to get the vaccinations done anytime prior to the medical exam and just bring the new records there?

I did see that for the dominican republic the vaccination records was something that was on the "to bring list."

Yes, I would recommend getting all required vaccinations done before receiving the NOA2, as some of them take a few weeks to do.  Go to the DR consulate medical page on VJ and find out the specific vaccinations required, then find the least expensive place to get them done, and do them and keep the records.  Take the records to the medical when scheduled and it will save time and money.  If you go to the medical with no records of any prior vaccinations, all of them will be done by the "official" providers in the DR, typically much more expensive than what you could get from public medical clinics.  Some are even free.  It is a good idea to get these documents ready before receiving the NOA2, so you are ready to submit everything at the NVC stage when it arrives.  Doing this also gives you something to do, and not just wait and worry.  All the best!

10 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Yes, I would recommend getting all required vaccinations done before receiving the NOA2, as some of them take a few weeks to do.  Go to the DR consulate medical page on VJ and find out the specific vaccinations required, then find the least expensive place to get them done, and do them and keep the records.  Take the records to the medical when scheduled and it will save time and money.  If you go to the medical with no records of any prior vaccinations, all of them will be done by the "official" providers in the DR, typically much more expensive than what you could get from public medical clinics.  Some are even free.  It is a good idea to get these documents ready before receiving the NOA2, so you are ready to submit everything at the NVC stage when it arrives.  Doing this also gives you something to do, and not just wait and worry.  All the best!

Thanks so much. I'll have my husband call the approved clinics tomorrow to verify the exact vaccinations needed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.