T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

We are not aware of an i94... visa was processed at by uscis at preclearance in ireland. I dont think they issue one...

You get an I-94 AFTER you POE
It's electronic.

Simply google I-94, it will take you to the website
Enter Beneficiary's passport information and print it

6 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

We are not aware of an i94... visa was processed at by uscis at preclearance in ireland. I dont think they issue one...

The I-94 was created after the beneficiary flew into the US and came threw POE. Since the K1 visa is a one-time entry visa, the I-94 takes the place of it which shows the beneficiary's current status. If the beneficiary flew to the US using the K1, he had to go through POE at customs...

The I-94 is printed off the website: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

I would advise the beneficiary keep a copy of the I-94 and a copy of the marriage license in their wallet until they receive the NOA1 after you file the AOS. Having this one hand is proof that the beneficiary is allowed to be in the US legally since the K1 visa is no longer of valid use after entry. Once you receive the NOA1 from filing the AOS, have the beneficiary keep a copy of the NOA1 in the wallet as this will be proof that they are allowed to be in the US legally while waiting for their GC.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Everyone list is different depending on what is needed, however, this is MY checklist; however, I deleted things that are based on things privy to our case. This is the mandatory requirement list. I would recommend that you review the instructions for each form so you know what required evidence is needed.

AOS Checklist

Cover Letter listing Table of Contents

(Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page

• Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp

• Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process)

• I-94

• Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate

• Certified copy of Marriage License

• Passport Photos (2) name written on the back

• Copy of DS-3025

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC)

• Copy of My Birth Certificate

• 2017 Tax Return (with W-2)

• Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process)

• Paystubs (from January 2018 – to Present)

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page

• Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp

• I-94

• Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page

• Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp

• I-94

• Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)

you make this so easy for us!!! Thanks sis

1 minute ago, Jenny17655 said:

you make this so easy for us!!! Thanks sis

Awww...no problem!!!! Just remember to make sure you cross-check everything, signed all documents and that you have whatever else is needed for your case.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Hi All,

It appears to be 2 August AOS Filer threads happening at the same time, so I'm trying to see about getting them merged together so we can all be on this AOS journey together and if there are questions, we can all find the answer in the same thread.

I plan on mailing my husband's AOS via FedEx either tomorrow or Friday (he just has to take his passport photos today). But our entire AOS/EAD/AP package is all set and ready to go!!!! Just gonna review it at least 5 more times today to make sure nothing is overlooked!!!!

So for now, I'm just saying Hi...and good luck to everyone! :D

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

• TBoneTX changed the title to AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The two August threads are now merged. :) 

-----

Personal note:  Those of us who are finished with this infernal immigration process hope and pray for progress in your case.  Although we might not post anything, rest assured that we're cheering from afar upon every report of your success.  Keep the faith.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

The two August threads are now merged. :) 

-----

Personal note:  Those of us who are finished with this infernal immigration process hope and pray for progress in your case.  Although we might not post anything, rest assured that we're cheering from afar upon every report of your success.  Keep the faith.

hi sir if we're sending everything together along with the l 485 do we still need to send the proof or required documentation for each separately?

i'm asking because i'll be sending all together AOS, EAD, AP. THX IN ADVANCE

1 minute ago, jean baptiste said:

hi sir if we're sending everything together along with the l 485 do we still need to send the proof or required documentation for each separately?

i'm asking because i'll be sending all together AOS, EAD, AP. THX IN ADVANCE

If you scroll up, you will see the checklist I provided for each form. But to answer your question....yes, you have to send proof of what is required for each form. You can put the whole packet together but each form has it's own proof/evidence requirements.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

If you scroll up, you will see the checklist I provided for each form. But to answer your question....yes, you have to send proof of what is required for each form. You can put the whole packet together but each form has it's own proof/evidence requirements.

OK thx for the answer. yesterday i was like dead when i figured out how much it's going to cost for my daughter and i what a crazy procces

3 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

OK thx for the answer. yesterday i was like dead when i figured out how much it's going to cost for my daughter and i what a crazy procces

are you filing for your daughter or for your spouse?

if filing for your daughter, my checklist may not have all that you are looking for and therefore, some of the proof might be slightly different. Either way, make sure to read the instructions for each form and what is required for proof. the instructions can be found on the uscis.gov site for each form.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Just now, Trinab80 said:

are you filing for your daughter or for your spouse?

if filing for your daughter, my checklist may not have all that you are looking for. this forum is for those that are filing for AOS for the spouses and therefore, some of the proof might be slightly different.

YEST I GOT YYOU. HERE IS THE THING i'm the k1 holder and my daughter is k2 but yes i'm just filling the AOS FOR HER she's not filling for EAD nor AP

Just now, jean baptiste said:

YEST I GOT YYOU. HERE IS THE THING i'm the k1 holder and my daughter is k2 but yes i'm just filling the AOS FOR HER she's not filling for EAD nor AP

Ohhhhhh....I understand now..lol.

The form is the same but certain proof of evidence might be a little different than what you see on my checklist. Either way, make sure to read the instructions for each form and what is required for proof. the instructions can be found on the uscis.gov site for each form.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

3 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

The form is the same but certain proof of evidence might be a little different than what you see on my checklist. Either way, make sure to read the instructions for each form and what is required for proof. the instructions can be found on the uscis.gov site for each form.

THX SO MUCH. its a peace of mind to discuss with people here on this forum

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Have you guys included any proof of bona fide relationship in your packets? I understand it's not a requirement, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. I enclosed two photos from our marriage and a copy of our most recent utility bill (addressed to both).

Edited by ababsurd

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

31 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

see kin my case i dont have a ds 3025 so i have a civil surgeon signed a i693 for me 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.