2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Asherolu said:

Hi everyone. @iwillsurvive @sandra

I'm planning to send my package nextweek, the i360, i485 and the i765 together. But my BIG question is this; my lawyer want to send the 485 and the 765 to Chicago and send the 360 to vermont. I followed this thread alot and it seems people do send everything to vermont instead of him splitting my packages .

People with experience should pls help me.  I don't want a delayed application .

Thanks

As I understood all VAWA goes to Vermont Service Center, hire a good lawyer specialize in VAWA applications.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Aburi2018 said:

@Yollande it not an easy wait for real.I waited for close to 17 months and status was at fee was waived until today when I got the email.You are close🙏🙏

You are getting closer mine was touch after 17 months, finally my RFE was answer after 32 days, now I have my WP.

stay strong!!!

1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

You are getting closer mine was touch after 17 months, finally my RFE was answer after 32 days, now I have my WP.

stay strong!!!

@FridayGirl@69 thank you for sharing with me. Did you have to file for a working permit again or will they send you one automatically? I know the new form for 360 has a section where you can just check that you want a WP. My biometrics are already in the system with my c9 permit that was issued to me. How long before your WP came after approval?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two extremely long posts have been removed from this thread.  The author has a stand-alone thread in this forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
4 hours ago, Yollande said:

@FridayGirl@69 thank you for sharing with me. Did you have to file for a working permit again or will they send you one automatically? I know the new form for 360 has a section where you can just check that you want a WP. My biometrics are already in the system with my c9 permit that was issued to me. How long before your WP came after approval?

No, I didn’t because after 17 months (I filed on 5/25/2017 I-360,I-485,I-765 c31) I got my 1st permit issued on 10/29/2018

but if your read the document (at least on mine) it says to file to renew it 6-3 months before it expired, as right now the waiting time for 1-485 is 10-21.5 months at VSC in theory they are supposed to process it within 3-5 months but isn’t happening according to other timelines I had read.

note: nothing is automatic, you, your lawyer must know this. 

I havent got an approval letter yet but once they send you the WP, it is approved, you must make an infopass if you don’t recieved it in 3-4 weeks (approval letter)I have mine on 11/29/2018.

Be patient and Good Luck 🍀 to All!

Timeline
4 hours ago, gramercy said:
Hello Everyone, 

I-693 Experience
I went to an amazing doctor in Brooklyn who instructed me to get some tests and documentation with my primary doctor. I did all that and went back & provided him with all the records of my bloodwork/vaccination.He processed my form very fast and gave me a thorough exam and went over the form with me, it cost $200 (two visits cuz i had to do a blood test for TB according to the new USCIS rule)
If anyone needs his contact info in NYC let me know.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview Experience:

My appointment was 7:30am but I waited almost 3 hours, so my attorney had to leave me to make it to a court hearing.
I went in by myself, after taking oath to be truthful, I signed a waiver to proceed without my representative and both index fingers were scanned for fingerprint verification.

The interview was brief and very straightforward, the officer was serious and professional but nice.

The questions were simple from the I-485 form and my biographical information
How many entries to the US?
How many Marriages?
How many children?
Has anyone filed for immigration benefits on your behalf such as a family member or employer?
What was your occupation in your country? Explain please.
What is your current occupation?

Then the officer talked to me a little bit about my field of work while examining my documents and typing on the computer then asked me if I had any pay stubs.. I provided an employment verification letter and my tax returns and W2, however I explained that I resigned and I am just currently between jobs.

The officer asked if I have any additional documents I would like to submit, I said no that was all.

Documents requested:
1- Medical clearance form I-693   (officer kept on file)    
2- Work documentation: tax returns, W2, and employment verification letter (officer kept on file)
3- Birth Certificate  -(returned to me)
4- Marriage Certificate  -(returned to me)
5- Passports (old one with entry stamp and current Valid passport)   (returned to me)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 6 months preparation with my attorney and waiting to file then almost another 24 months waiting for USCIS to adjust my status, I must say I feel drained and also relieved.
Stay strong everyone.
I am thankful for this forum that I have joined since VAWA Part 7 and after feeling isolated for so long it helped me realize I am not alone in this journey.

I shall post my timeline soon, best of luck to all.

Congratulations 🎉 

Thank you for sharing and Best Luck in your new journey 🍀🇺🇸

Timeline
4 hours ago, gramercy said:
Hello Everyone, 

I-693 Experience
I went to an amazing doctor in Brooklyn who instructed me to get some tests and documentation with my primary doctor. I did all that and went back & provided him with all the records of my bloodwork/vaccination.He processed my form very fast and gave me a thorough exam and went over the form with me, it cost $200 (two visits cuz i had to do a blood test for TB according to the new USCIS rule)
If anyone needs his contact info in NYC let me know.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview Experience:

My appointment was 7:30am but I waited almost 3 hours, so my attorney had to leave me to make it to a court hearing.
I went in by myself, after taking oath to be truthful, I signed a waiver to proceed without my representative and both index fingers were scanned for fingerprint verification.

The interview was brief and very straightforward, the officer was serious and professional but nice.

The questions were simple from the I-485 form and my biographical information
How many entries to the US?
How many Marriages?
How many children?
Has anyone filed for immigration benefits on your behalf such as a family member or employer?
What was your occupation in your country? Explain please.
What is your current occupation?

Then the officer talked to me a little bit about my field of work while examining my documents and typing on the computer then asked me if I had any pay stubs.. I provided an employment verification letter and my tax returns and W2, however I explained that I resigned and I am just currently between jobs.

The officer asked if I have any additional documents I would like to submit, I said no that was all.

Documents requested:
1- Medical clearance form I-693   (officer kept on file)    
2- Work documentation: tax returns, W2, and employment verification letter (officer kept on file)
3- Birth Certificate  -(returned to me)
4- Marriage Certificate  -(returned to me)
5- Passports (old one with entry stamp and current Valid passport)   (returned to me)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 6 months preparation with my attorney and waiting to file then almost another 24 months waiting for USCIS to adjust my status, I must say I feel drained and also relieved.
Stay strong everyone.
I am thankful for this forum that I have joined since VAWA Part 7 and after feeling isolated for so long it helped me realize I am not alone in this journey.

I shall post my timeline soon, best of luck to all.

Congratulations 🍾🎉 

I read your post 😍

can you share your timeline?

I am still waiting since 5/25/2017

my WP in hand on 10/29/2018

how long more for the I485 to get process so I can get my interview? I am at VSC

thanks!

4 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

No, I didn’t because after 17 months (I filed on 5/25/2017 I-360,I-485,I-765 c31) I got my 1st permit issued on 10/29/2018

but if your read the document (at least on mine) it says to file to renew it 6-3 months before it expired, as right now the waiting time for 1-485 is 10-21.5 months at VSC in theory they are supposed to process it within 3-5 months but isn’t happening according to other timelines I had read.

note: nothing is automatic, you, your lawyer must know this. 

I havent got an approval letter yet but once they send you the WP, it is approved, you must make an infopass if you don’t recieved it in 3-4 weeks (approval letter)I have mine on 11/29/2018.

Be patient and Good Luck 🍀 to All!

Okay I got it. So what's the point for this new i360 forms to carry the section where u can check mark if u want a WP, when you still have to file for one again after approval?

53 minutes ago, Yollande said:

Okay I got it. So what's the point for this new i360 forms to carry the section where u can check mark if u want a WP, when you still have to file for one again after approval?

USCIS does a lot of things that don’t make sense. Just be relaxed about it and follow the advice on this forum. 

1 hour ago, Yollande said:

I understand what you mean, I did check yes on the i-360 form where it says check yes if you want us to send you ead when we approve your form, and I also filled another one category c31, when my Vawa got approved they sent me 2 ead category c31, one carried my i-360 recipt number, both have same expiration date because it was approved same day.

Edited by Ilo

46 minutes ago, Ilo said:

I understand what you mean, I did check yes on the i-360 form where it says check yes if you want us to send you ead when we approve your form, and I also filled another one category c31, when my Vawa got approved they sent me 2 ead category c31, one carried my i-360 recipt number, both have same expiration date because it was approved same day.

@llo Thanks for bringing light to this mystery. If I understand USCIS actually sends an ead after approval. Just as they did with you. I will patiently be crossing my fingers that I have an approval and ead being issued too. Cus I did check yes on the form when filling. Thank very much. 

17 minutes ago, Yollande said:

@llo Thanks for bringing light to this mystery. If I understand USCIS actually sends an ead after approval. Just as they did with you. I will patiently be crossing my fingers that I have an approval and ead being issued too. Cus I did check yes on the form when filling. Thank very much. 

Yes, you should be getting one too. Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 9:57 PM, Jan88 said:

Hi everyone

I am new here. I have been divorced from my ex-husband for half a year. A few days after we got married, because of the quarrel, he made a divorce. We haven't had time to move in and live together. But we have a baby for 9 months.He still had mental abuse to me for a long time. I have a report from a psychiatrist. Can I apply for VAWA if there is no proof of living together?

Thank you !

To qualify for VAWA you need to prove that you lived with your husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.